ENNK Narvik airport. Newies.

All one model? So Tore is hellbend on dethroning Russ' Ketchikan :D

Good to see this jewel in beta now. Even my car is parked in front of the terminal - although in the wrong colour (A5s only look good in midnight blue).

Love these photos, but I have been loving Tore's work from afar for a long time. Really what I love the most is that now Iain is doing the photos -- and the obvious implication that maybe the project is far enough along now that Tore can at least pack it up and share it with testers.

What *ARE* you talking about Jack??

Please go and re-read the DTG/Orbx press release and my clarifying comments in that topic again - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97417-orbx-dovetail-games-press-release/  

NOTE: Our agreement with Dovetail Games is for one (1) aircraft (Lancair IVP) and two (2) yet unannounced airports. Nothing more, nothing less. 

How you came to the conclusion that all new Orbx products will be 90-day exclusive DLC via Steam is astounding. We have previews up of Sequim and Narvik both of which will be triple-installers from day one. If they do make it to Steam as DLC that is a long way away.

Well it was the wrong conclusion Bruce, nothing we said gave the impression all new products from Orbx would be Steam DLC, particularly after my clarifying posts before and after the press release.

Anyway, back on topic: ENNK is shaping up nicely but Tore still has some work to do including hard winter textures so release is certainly not 'imminent' ;)

Quick question, will this require Norway? Or will it be compatible with Global and EULC?

Was just gonna ask the same thing, at least it started out as a FTX Global project so one would assume it still is.

Was just gonna ask the same thing, at least it started out as a FTX Global project so one would assume it still is.

Even if this is officially a FTX Global airport, will it still be fully compatible (and blend perfectly) with the Norway region (which I do have), with FTX Central set to Europe?

Edit: Tore just answered my question, thanks.

Well done, nice Pictures...

Thanks for the shots, Lian and tell us your REX settings.........

cheers

No worries on the REX settings look on the REX shared themes for em4 that's the one.

cheers

Iain

Looks absolutely top notch Tore!

Are there plans for more smaller Norwegian airports after Narvik? Imagine doing short but challenging flights in a Wideroe dash-8 q100 with FTX Norway and airports like this, now that would be my dream coming true.

I'm gonna be brave here, stick my neck on the line, and go for some constructive criticism... ???

Looking at the following shot, the fine-resolution texture of the asphalt is identical where it is bare and where it is painted, as if this particular layer is higher in the order, assuming one is using Photoshop...

59b33aa9d211c69eab93092a3b2bfe71.jpg

... whereas in the reality the paint fills in a lot of the smaller holes, dents and depressions in the asphalt, making it appear smoother than the surrounding area which doesn't have paint on it. This effect is more and more marked each time the lines are repainted (until the paint begins to stand proud from the surroundings)...

stock-photo-close-up-of-a-dark-grey-asph

This could be reproduced in Photoshop (or similar) by using an adaptive overlay, perhaps with a smoothing operation, with the asphalt texture.

As it is it looks as if the colour is imbedded in the asphalt itself, rather than painted on top.

There would also be a marked difference in surface scattering.

Don't shoot the messenger please! :wacko:

Andy

Hi Andy,

I've seen everything in the real world, for example: simple ink, as it is or a certain emulsion that is hard on the asphalt or concrete, having a relief, etc.

So I think these your considerations are reasonable, but frankly they did not worry my eyes.

Maybe for some purists are very important! <_<

Anyway, it was worth your observations! :)

Cheers,

Lines may look like your example when freshly painted but eventually the stones in the bitumen wear through with traffic use. In all honesty you're being slightly pedantic really.

Indeed!

Having looked through countless amounts of line marking images, Tore has done a fine job. It depends on the airport... for example, see attached.

post-17045-0-45283700-1431546985_thumb.j

I'm gonna be brave here, stick my neck on the line, and go for some constructive criticism... ???

Looking at the following shot, the fine-resolution texture of the asphalt is identical where it is bare and where it is painted, as if this particular layer is higher in the order, assuming one is using Photoshop...

... whereas in the reality the paint fills in a lot of the smaller holes, dents and depressions in the asphalt, making it appear smoother than the surrounding area which doesn't have paint on it. This effect is more and more marked each time the lines are repainted (until the paint begins to stand proud from the surroundings)...

This could be reproduced in Photoshop (or similar) by using an adaptive overlay, perhaps with a smoothing operation, with the asphalt texture.

As it is it looks as if the colour is imbedded in the asphalt itself, rather than painted on top.

Andy

C'mon, really? On a newly painted apron you probably right, technically speaking. But really?!

Here's some shots from the real deal: http://www.amcarforum.no/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2401

And yes, you stuck yout neck out, we brought the axes [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy

I think Andy's comment just goes to show how good this scenery really is  ;)

Archived