FTX HD Trees... So close you can smell the pine ;)

Hi all,

Well, I was planning on releasing one more FTX Global preview, but Scott and Ed have been working tirelessly to bring HD Trees into the light... This will be the last video preview, and it covers everything!

The video shows the changes made to all current FTX Geographical areas (North America, Oceania, Europe and FTX Global). the good news is, once installed, wherever you fly in the FTX world, you will be seeing FTX HD Trees from now on. The coverage is truly global and as the video shows, makes a vast difference for low level flight. All the default FSX trees have received an HD makeover too.

But enough of my talk... See for yourself :)

>http://youtu.be/GTJpEbEWZlc

WOW !

I think this just sells it, some places its a subtle effect, in others massive difference really think this is a winner.....but I am sure as always someone will moan and complain

but really thanks to all for so much hard work

I have just purchased PI AYPY  just so I can have lots of tress  :-)

lots and lots of tress...who needs buildings

Just WONDERFUL! Scott has done such a great job with these trees!

I think the Oceania changes have to be my favourite from all of these lovely upgraded trees...And, of course, Cardiff ;) I can definitely verify and validate that those are the trees as they appear in a Cardiff Autumn...very happy :)

You guys have done another wonderful job with this upgrade addon. You're just doing all the right things for quite some time now, things that make such a difference to the whole simulator/s, even globally and just keep making so many things I've dreamed of come true! Thank you!

Before this video I have to confess to being a bit, well, underwhelmed and sceptical. But hats off to you, I'm sold!

Today I bought FXPrecip (or something) so I can't wait for it to rain. All that is needed now is for some bright spark to sort out those God-awful sea shore breakers! The way they just switch off drives me nuts!

Wonderful video Rob, and thanks for the comments everybody!  I've already made some improvements to the textures shown in this video, most notably the winter, spring, and fall deciduous trees.  I'm putting my usual high attention to detail into this product, and I'll guarantee that you'll be blown away when you see it yourself for the first time!

p.s. always like the music selections for for Orbx preview vids. They work really well.

The music for this video is particularly haunting - what is it?

Of all the promos I've watched, I think this one sells the product most eloquently. Well done! It's going to be almost impossible NOT buying this product ;)

Adam.

The music for this video is particularly haunting - what is it?

Of all the promos I've watched, I think this one sells the product most eloquently. Well done! It's going to be almost impossible NOT buying this product ;)

Adam.

You have to watch the video until the end - then you will know!   ;)

Yes indeed Adam, as Wolfgang says its at the end of the vid... 'Peace of Mind' by Kevin Macleod...watching the video again, indeed the title of the music piece fits the video perfectly :)

You have to watch the video until the end - then you will know!   ;)

Aaah! Trust me to walk out of the cinema without watching the credits! Many thanks!!!

If anyone else wants to know ... go watch it again till the end yourself (a good excuse) :lol:

Adam.

The trees look fantastic.

Just to clarify, and sorry if this has already been asked and answered:

The video and other screenshots show a lot of trees in scenery from the ORBX detailed scenery packs, i.e. Australia, New Zealand, UK, Norway, etc.  Are these trees different than the trees that one will see with only FTX Global textures?  I understand that this product will also upgrade the ORBX FTX Global and default FSX trees, but I just want to clarify that the pictures you are showing of the trees in all the detailed scenery packs are not what one with only Global will see.

Thanks.

The trees look fantastic.

Just to clarify, and sorry if this has already been asked and answered:

The video and other screenshots show a lot of trees in scenery from the ORBX detailed scenery packs, i.e. Australia, New Zealand, UK, Norway, etc. Are these trees different than the trees that one will see with only FTX Global textures? I understand that this product will also upgrade the ORBX FTX Global and default FSX trees, but I just want to clarify that the pictures you are showing of the trees in all the detailed scenery packs are not what one with only Global will see.

Thanks.

Not every full region has custom trees, but yes... European region, both New Zealand regions and Northern California all include custom trees that are seperate from the "standard" trees.

Not every full region has custom trees, but yes... European region, both New Zealand regions and Northern California all include custom trees that are seperate from the "standard" trees.

Thanks for that.

It would be great if there were more screenshots or a video showing the difference between *only* ORBX trees(those used in FTX Global and openLC) and the new HD trees. So far the screenshots and videos feature mostly the special trees used only in the detailed scenery products.

This would help me decide whether to purchase this product or not.

Thanks.

PNW and SAK (and all other North American full regions other than NCA) use standard trees only with no custom trees, the same as Global does, and these areas are highlighted in the video above... Starks Twin Oaks, Hillsboro are both is PNW, Homer is in SAK.

Additionally, Australia SP4 full regions also use standard trees only with no custom trees, and it too is highlighted in the video... The Aeropelican airport shots show this.

So for these examples (Hillsboro, Starks Twin Oaks, Homer, Aeropelican), plus the shots showing FTX Global examples, you're seeing exactly what you're requesting (I think ;) )... It shows thd difference between standard trees and the new HD Tree package.

Dave - you could wait till a few days after release. I'm sure this forum will be totally *deluged* with screenshots from people with every combination of scenery and systems. I hope the forums server copes with the load :lol:.

Adam.

Dave - you could wait till a few days after release. I'm sure this forum will be totally *deluged* with screenshots from people with every combination of scenery and systems. I hope the forums server copes with the load :lol:.

Adam.

Yeah, you're right of course. 

I just wanted a quick confirmation that the trees being shown are what I'll get if I buy this.  I'm still not sure about the "English" trees, for example. Are these only included if one has the detailed FTX UK scenery packs, or are they FTX Global trees?

Anyhow, looking forward to more screenshots and videos.

Dave

Archived