Where's your simpit situated?

boetie

Ok simmers, I've heard and seen where some of your setups are. I've seen some in what I assume are attics/lofts, basements, sheds, garages, spare bedrooms, home offices etc etc - but I'm not sure where they are. I have three young kids and as it happens a wife! My simpit is slap bang in the middle of the house (imagine an open plan single storey abode) and whenever I fly it's not a totally "relaxed", "immersive" experience! Someone will always be looking over my shoulder and occasionally I feel a disapproving atmosphere in the room :( its not ideal! I'm curious to hear where your simpit is situated - some are quite unusual.......but mostly where space constraints dictate.

Hi,

I have 3 computers. 2 of them are in my main flat: one in the living room for tests and creation. The other one is in my sleeping room and dedicated to flight with triple display and complete control device. The third one is a little house in the country. It's a former little warehouse I converted to a flying zoom. I'm really quiet there because no one comes to disturb me. I set a complete rig with confortable seat for twin engine flight

My wife and I have a three bedroom townhome. After our master room, the second is a guest room and the third is what I laughingly call my office. It is sort of a catch for all the junk I have piled around. But,that's where my computer is, looking out a second floor window....and that is my flight deck....two monitors, yoke and pedals. don't laugh to much. it works.... ::)

sherm

I use my Office, which after 3 children kinda turned into a Playroom/Office/Flight Deck. I have my Exec Desk, with my setup all in their. I can close the door later at night when the Children are asleep, and the Wife is watching Reality TV.  :blink:

It works for me. The only issue is, that I have a 7, 3, and 2 year old. Younger are in what I call a "Hey, I can climb" phase...which recently set me back a new TrackIR due to them thinking it was a sling rope..... :mellow:

I live in a 3 bedroom townhouse with my girlfriend (can I really call her that after 16 years?) and 8 month old daughter. The smallest bedroom is our bedroom. The medium sized bedroom is the baby room. The master bedroom is a split office - half being a mini silkscreen shop for my gf's home business, and the other half being my computer rig and shelves of Star Wars crap I've been collecting since the 70's. I use my computer as a graphics workstation and gaming rig. Unfortunately it's not really a "pit". When I upgrade to a new computer in 2015 I can swing a dedicated sim rig. Maybe convert the dining room then?  ::)

My setup is in a spare room that I use as an office. But I didn't have that spare room, I would take it out in the garage and just try to make as climate controlled as I could manage. Would really love to have a basement but being here in Houston, we just don't have those here. Forunately I do have a spare room for it.

You inviting me over to your sitting room? I'll bring some cold Shiner!

The wife doesn't mind, says she glad that I'm home so it works out well.

An excellent point you make here, by the way. Sure beats the alternative (drinking on 6th street).

so this is the Sim Outhouse :)    ?

I've my den (my wife has her own too) in what was a bedroom before , overlooking my garden. Can't complain.

Sounds nice mate :)

Yes mine are in a purpose built unit including kitchenette & wc and with their own private decked courtyard ;)

My first simpit was a one place under my bed.
simred_zps7de43278.jpg

sim_zpsb450e888.jpg

Then it became a two place one when I moved and once again I kept it under my bed.  Now I am currently building my third simpit and it is in a box truck which will hold 4 people.
simpit_zps2b1056ff.jpg

In a few years I'm hoping it'll be in the cockpit shell of a 737 or 747 Classic (as the -400 cockpits are way to expensive) I'll build an out building to keep it in and hook the original aircraft climate control switches to the out building AC unit for total immersion lol. Wonder if I can deduct the cost of all this on my taxes since I'm going to be an airline pilot and Ill use the sim for training yea that's it training  >:D

Thanks for all your replies gents. There are certainly some interesting and diverse situations - many which I aspire to (once the kids grow up I'll be spoilt for choice). Never thought of a closet or a truck! :) thanks again.

Archived