openLC EU - Final area - Mediterranean East West!

Hello all,

At last we arrive at the final area of openLC EU that contain new textures, namely Mediterranean East West. These are pre-testing shots from the developers and you should see many more shots from testers in the next week or so.

Please note that the Vesuvius volcano is photoreal to overcome a landclass boundary issue there. Also note that in response to customer feedback the roofs in this part of Europe are predominantly terracotta tiled.

I can tell you that flying over the whole of Europe will never be the same ever again, once you install FTX Global, VECTOR and openLC EU!

After this area is in testing we will add UK/Ireland and from there do final installer testing and the run towards release.

Enjoy!

PEGJI.jpg

uMyxp.jpg

el9O.jpg

sQfdY.jpg

uIrnc.jpg

US7tw.jpg

Zbs56.jpg

jBV7.jpg

s4nr8.jpg

U7eR3.jpg

XRIFf.jpg

Beautiful shots, You are right, the Open LC Europe will make quite a big difference when it is out. All simmers will enjoy this by then.

Thanks John. Hurry up for other areas cannot wait too long.

There was a saying in old Tibet stated that: "A person who climb mountains and see what's beyond the valley, will never be the same!"

And I say: who today sees one of the Orbx scenery gets blown away! After OpenLC that person will never use another scenery!😃

Looks very satisfying - not "full fat", but really very good!

Could you please make some shots of the canary islands? :)

I am not sure if the Canaries are consideres Europe LC (politically they are), or Africa (as they are geographically)? However, I would love to have them already in EU_LC....

in the dialect of Naples says:

"Vide Napule e pò muore !!" ( See Naples and then die .... )

The very best representation of the Naples / Vesuvio area i've ever seen so far...

(and I hope that the Etna volcano in Sicily has received the same attention to detail !!)

There's definitely no game for the Orbx competitors....

Simply amazing!!

Yes. Shouldn't airport developers be grateful to ORBX for providing a groung making their products attractive for VFR bush pilots?

Kind regards, Michael

Stunning.

Also wondering... who would build a house at the base of that volcano? I checked GoogleMaps for more more detail from the base of Vesuvius, and sure enough, people's back yards are flush up against the hardened lava. Vesuvius is considered to be an active volcano. Nuts.

there are people living on the slopes of vesuvius, i used googe earth to drive up the roads and noticed quite few houses.

when i spoke to an italian friend of mine he said the houses are illegally built.great views over naples ..but would you live there??

steve

Yes, we're wondering the same things :) It's known that there is a lot of abusivism, not only there, they build also near dangerous rivers and it's a problem when nature becomes rebel. Not only there, a bit in all of Italy, even if the phenomenon is more in the south of Italy.

It's a dangerous area for the Volcanos, maybe Stromboli is the most active, but also the Vesuvio. It's a super volcano, like Stromboli, one of those that could cause an apocalipse because the ash would reach the entire world putting us in a new glacial era, at least the volcano's experts say this.

Oh, yes,

i´m flashed when i see your Progress.

Thanks for informing and keep it up. When i see zhis great Picture (stuff of work), I think it´s the best reason to wait for.

I´m sure that it willbe a new world to explore.

Big THX John

Crazy, i should not buy/use this scenery when i see the Vesuvio-vulcan, because at my last vacation in Italy 2 months ago i climbed up the Vesuvio during heavy rain and when i ran downhill i ran in a deep hole and get a bad muscle-disease in my right leg, which i have until today.

But i will be brave and forget my pain by purchasing the scenery nevertheless when it is coming out.

Stunning.

Also wondering... who would build a house at the base of that volcano? I checked GoogleMaps for more more detail from the base of Vesuvius, and sure enough, people's back yards are flush up against the hardened lava. Vesuvius is considered to be an active volcano. Nuts.

Vesuvius is very much an active volcano and will erupt again, according to many geologists and volcanologists studying the volcano. The mountain’s last eruption was in 1944 and has erupted over three dozen times since the devastating explosion in 79 A.D. Vesuvius remains to be one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world. In 1780 B.C. the volcano spewed millions of tons of superheated lava, ash and rocks over 20 miles high into the skies, known as an Avellino eruption.

In 63 A.D. the area known as Campania had endured an immense earthquake that today scientists say would have given the inhabitants of Pompeii a thunderous warning of the ruination to come. Yet the population grew in numbers each year, as it was an ideal location right off the shores of the Bay of Naples with beautiful, warm weather.

Today there are over 3 million people who live within 20 miles of the volcano’s crater. As seen with Pompeii, when Mount Vesuvius erupts again, the death toll will be on a massive scale and would wipe out many cities, including Naples. Though its last explosion in 1944 killed only 12 people, research shows that the volcano’s next eruption will not be as docile. It is for this reason that the Vesuvius Observatory monitors its seismic activity and gas emissions on a 24 hour basis so that evacuation of the area could commence

Though many people believe that the 1944 explosion ended a hazardous cycle that began back in 1631, make no mistake that Mount Vesuvius which destroyed Pompeii will erupt again as all active volcanos do. Experts say it would be an unprecedented catastrophe due to the millions of people who live in the ‘red zone’. It isn’t a probability; it is a certainty that volcanologists say could happen any given day.

p.s. sorry for the long OT !!

Archived