openLC EU - Final area - Mediterranean East West!

...but also the Vesuvio. It's a super volcano, like Stromboli...

Vesuvio and Stromboli are NOT supervolcanos. They are both standard volcanos. Maby you confounded Vesuvio with Campi Flegrei which is true supervolcano and lies under Napoli Bay.

Btw. very nice Vesuvio and landclass blending.

EDIT: guys, even strongest Vesuvio eruption would be nothing compared with Campi Flegrei. If this supervolcano erupt, entire Europe will back to stone age 8)

Just incredible John! Thanks for posting!

"I can tell you that flying over the whole of Europe will never be the same ever again, once you install FTX Global, VECTOR and openLC EU!"

I say MSFS had never been the same since orbx exists! 8)

Thanks alot!

Wonderful stuff.

A big thanks to all the team who are working on this.

Yes, we're wondering the same things :) It's known that there is a lot of abusivism, not only there, they build also near dangerous rivers and it's a problem when nature becomes rebel. Not only there, a bit in all of Italy, even if the phenomenon is more in the south of Italy.

It's a dangerous area for the Volcanos, maybe Stromboli is the most active, but also the Vesuvio. It's a super volcano, like Stromboli, one of those that could cause an apocalipse because the ash would reach the entire world putting us in a new glacial era, at least the volcano's experts say this.

.....and here in Oz, folks like to build houses in the forests.

Vesuvio and Stromboli are NOT supervolcanos. They are both standard volcanos. Maby you confounded Vesuvio with Campi Flegrei which is true supervolcano and lies under Napoli Bay.

Btw. very nice Vesuvio and landclass blending.

EDIT: guys, even strongest Vesuvio eruption would be nothing compared with Campi Flegrei. If this supervolcano erupt, entire Europe will back to stone age 8)

you are correct, the origin would be submarine... but i am not a volcanologist, only a Discovery channel fan ;)

Wow, looks great!  Can't wait.  Would it possible to see a before & after screenshot or two?  I know OpenLC will be a big improvement, but it would be interesting to see exactly how different it looks with/without a landclass layer.  Thanks!

Finally Italy gets a good coverage.

I always wondered while Italy had/has a lot of good developpers, like M.Gavioli, Lago, Cloud9 etc. it never had a good coverage as other countries in Europe. Thankfully that is done now.

Regarding Vesuvio: Stromboli, Etna and the Hawaiian volcanoes are of type I: the lava is thin (little gas, much water), so these volcanoes vent often and harmlessly, slowly building up big shields.

Vesuvio is of type II though, like St. Helens, Pinatubo, Unsen: the lava is thick with silicid acid and full of gas. These volcanoes tend to build up pressure excessively and blow up violently. They create huge plumes of which deadly pyroclastic streams evolve. Brussels is actually pressing the city administration of Naples for years to come up with an evacuation plan and they are working on it, but "lente, lente, lente".

Reg. Phlegrei Fields: currently the activity and calderas hint more to a VEI category 7 magma chamber (so 1/10th of a "super volcano" which are VEI 8 ). That is bad enough. But if, as some assume, the Gulf of Naples is actually an ancient caldera we do really have a big super volcano there.

Sorry for the smartassing :)

Fantastic pictures and great set of textures for this part of europe.

What i would like to see, are some pictures of the Croatian Islands and the coast line.

And maybe an orbx airport of Zadar ?

Finally Italy gets a good coverage.

I always wondered while Italy had/has a lot of good developpers, like M.Gavioli, Lago, Cloud9 etc. it never had a good coverage as other countries in Europe. Thankfully that is done now.

Regarding Vesuvio: Stromboli, Etna and the Hawaiian volcanoes are of type I: the lava is thin (little gas, much water), so these volcanoes vent often and harmlessly, slowly building up big shields.

Vesuvio is of type II though, like St. Helens, Pinatubo, Unsen: the lava is thick with silicid acid and full of gas. These volcanoes tend to build up pressure excessively and blow up violently. They create huge plumes of which deadly pyroclastic streams evolve. Brussels is actually pressing the city administration of Naples for years to come up with an evacuation plan and they are working on it, but "lente, lente, lente".

Reg. Phlegrei Fields: currently the activity and calderas hint more to a VEI category 7 magma chamber (so 1/10th of a "super volcano" which are VEI 8 ). That is bad enough. But if, as some assume, the Gulf of Naples is actually an ancient caldera we do really have a big super volcano there.

Sorry for the smartassing :)

Bravo Vora :) Yes, Italy has always had a coverage problem, many ideas, many unprobable projects. Now with ORBX you will have Italy too in full coverage and with ORBX quality.

Regarding the Volcanos, it's all correct, it's an entire area that's dangerous because it seems to be linked under the terrain. According the experts the problem is not "if" but "when" the eruption will take place. I remember when my wife was in Mexico and she couldn't come back to Italy due to the eruption of an Island volcano, and she had to wait. The ash was dangerous also to land in Paris that's enough distant from there. Vesuvio is monitored 24 hours a day with sensors placed around such as other volcanos considered dangerouses and still active.

When Stromboli erupted not much time ago, they were afraid it could cause a Tsunami, for luck it didn't happened.

Wow!! Speechless John!

The pictures are awesome.

Speechless

Awesome shots

Simply amazing!

Beautiful shots!!!

omg! wow

This is looking amazing!

totally cool and awesome !

I'm just speechless - FANTASTIC

Spectacular!

Wow !!! Unbelievable!

Standing ovation

Stunning.

I don't want to rain on people's parade, but what am I missing here?? I agree, the volcano looks great, but don't forget, it's the same volcano in 3 shots, plus it uses photo realistic textures and it's clearly shown here with a high resolution mesh (which you won't get with LC) when you look at the sharp edges near the top. The other 8 images don't look nearly as good.

Don't forget, this product is called LC Europe and not LC Volcano.

Nevertheless, great work what I've seen so far about LC and I'm most definitely a buyer, but people need to stay with both feet on the ground when they see a single glamourised volcano shot that is clearly used to advertise the product, because you won't see that kind of quality in 99% of the product.... at least I haven't see that kind of quality anywhere else in the previews. :)

I don't want to rain on people's parade, but what am I missing here?? ...

Only that all the volcano talk wasn't about the scenery at all ;)

What excites our Italian friends (and others like me) is the simple fact that Italy has never been covered in full during the whole FS timeline, only parts of it. Now it will be done for the first time.

Wow, looks great!  Can't wait.  Would it possible to see a before & after screenshot or two?  I know OpenLC will be a big improvement, but it would be interesting to see exactly how different it looks with/without a landclass layer.  Thanks!

Sorry to be a broken record here, but would it be possible to see a with & without this new LC layer?  Although I understand what technically they are supposed to do, I'm not quite sure how it actually looks.

Hell, I'll be in Naples on Thursday, so I hope Vesuvius doesn't pop her cork whilst I'm ogling the erotic frescos in Pompeii. It would be rather ironic that! Having been there many times before, it has always been impressed upon me by the knowledgeable Neapolitans that when Vesuvius goes off (as she surely will), it will more than rattle your teeth. Apparently (and I'm certainly no Volcanologist either), the longer she lays dormant, the more volatile she'll be once roused. A bit like my wife really >:D.

I think the Mediterranean element of the European land class package appeals to me the most. Although I'm a very infrequent 'tubeliner' flyer myself, my brief flirtations with the heavy metal do seem to focus on the 'holiday in the sun' destinations, such as Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily,The Balearics, Corfu and of course Naples.

I don't want to rain on people's parade, but what am I missing here?? I agree, the volcano looks great, but don't forget, it's the same volcano in 3 shots, plus it uses photo realistic textures and it's clearly shown here with a high resolution mesh (which you won't get with LC) when you look at the sharp edges near the top. The other 8 images don't look nearly as good.

Nevertheless, great work what I've seen so far about LC and I'm most definitely a buyer, but people need to stay with both feet on the ground when they see a single glamourised volcano shot that is clearly used to advertise the product, because you won't see that kind of quality in 99% of the product.... at least I haven't see that kind of quality anywhere else in the previews. :)

Mesh, Landclass, textures and photoreal images.... what else?

this world is made of this.....

but all this was not ever made so good before....

And you can see this in the 100% of the ORBX products

Full world on Photoreal seasonals images at 30 cm/pix with dedicated hand placed autogen object flows and so on...? Only dreams are made of this....

Only that all the volcano talk wasn't about the scenery at all ;)

What excites our Italian friends (and others like me) is the simple fact that Italy has never been covered in full during the whole FS timeline, only parts of it. Now it will be done for the first time.

So true!!

It's not a volcano preview Joseph. The area was choosen because is particularly beautiful and also well known by the people who doesn't live in Italy. We're with our feet on the ground for sure, this is the reason we was able to realise the project where other people failed. The best advertising is what customers make after having bought the products, and for sure we count on this, because we know that this product is really an innovation respect to the sceneries have been made til this moment.

@Dieter

Crazy, i should not buy/use this scenery when i see the Vesuvio-vulcan, because at my last vacation in Italy 2 months ago i climbed up the Vesuvio during heavy rain and when i ran downhill i ran in a deep hole and get a bad muscle-disease in my right leg, which i have until today.

But i will be brave and forget my pain by purchasing the scenery nevertheless when it is coming out.

Get well soon, Dieter and don´t forget:

It´s easier to fly over then to walk down ::)

Take my money! I want, I want!  ::)

Cant wait till this gets released soon...Thanks for the shots John!

Is there anyway we can get some comparison stills? eg: Global + Vector with OpenLC EU and without OpenLC EU. A good area would be Athens...Currently with Global+Vector all of Greece looks very very green. In real life Greece is a lot dryer and more yellow.

We know that land class is environment present such as rock, desert, vegetation, town locations etc Will this product be altering Greece's tile colours at all?

Of course Greece is just one example that comes to mind at the moment, and for my replies sake I used it as a good example to present to us.

Yes I am sure there will be some comparison shots in Greece coming. We are uploading the final EU areas to testers sometime today.

Thanks for the update John!  I know you don't like to give release dates, but are we looking at getting it soon?   :)  

Fantastic! You gave us all a great present(s) on your birthday John! And now I wake up to another great present on my Birthday...this wonderful news that this mammoth release is not far now. Thank you...It really has started as a Happy Birthday!

Yay!! :) :)  Really looking forward to seeing how the UK looks.

Graham,

I think you should get the Orbx full fat regions of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (and also of the Rep. of Ireland). These are even better than Open LC EU will be.

I want to thank  the whole ORBX team for hard work, for it that allowing us to more realistic virtual airline world. I'm confident that your work is great and best. 

I looking forward to your next great products.

with greeting J.C 

I think you should get the Orbx full fat regions of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (and also of the Rep. of Ireland). These are even better than Open LC EU will be.

+1.  A lot better than Global Base + Vector ... and a WHOLE lot better than any other software products out there. :)

Yep...It's ALWAYS better and well worth having the Full Region pack wherever its possible and a region is available. The UK Region packs will be much better than just having the Global series cover the UK Graham...

Hi there,

im following now this EU open LC for quite some time and i have to say ORBX did a damn good job on it. My playground in my job is mostly the italian, french, sometimes the british island some norway and sweden and often the eastern part of europe. 

It looks nearly as real as the original areas i fly over every day. Even just from the pics i would say this is by very far the best scenery add on for europe that i have ever seen.

Looking forward to it.

Archived