PAGS Gustavus airport Alaska

The next Alaskan airport is almost ready, PAGS Gustavus is an isolated airport on the coast at the foot of the mountains between Juneau and Kenai. A stunning, but remote location, with an active charter and air taxi service, plus some seasonal commercial 737 services from Anchorage and Juneau.

OHxjt.jpg

ZiEO6.jpg

Hfkos.jpg

NPhUF.jpg

jXL5J.jpg

u8W0U.jpg

pwaOZ.jpg

wqGD6.jpg

cMyS6.jpg

7A0aY.jpg

0reNh.jpg

SZ0M.jpg

EqidQ.jpg

yJ1Iq.jpg

rjD7B.jpg

j6L0T.jpg

Ph7Qp.jpg

kiV8Z.jpg

Russ

OH HELL YEAH!!!

Man, just the other day I was wondering about ol' Russ, thinking he'd gone a little quiet on us.

Then I saw this PAGS thread in the preview section and my first thought is "Nah... can't be. That cannot be another Russ White SAK masterpiece." After all we would have heard something about this, in one of JV's roadmaps, right? (that's another discussion, the man has started holding out on us of late).

Russ, these are nothing short of spectacular, as we have come to expect. Thanks for sharing.

that's another discussion, the man has started holding out on us of late

A good developer always keeps an ace or two up his sleeve, and he just opened an NCA roadmap thread last night.  Looks like we have upwards of a dozen airports coming for Northern California, I wouldn't call that holding out on us.  ;)

The gateway airport to Glacier Bay National Park.   It would really be nice if an upgraded Glacier Bay Lodge, buildings, and dock at Bartlett cove were part of this scenery, but since it is not contiguous with the airport I expect it will not be updated.  One could hope.

A good developer always keeps an ace or two up his sleeve, and he just opened an NCA roadmap thread last night.  Looks like we have upwards of a dozen airports coming for Northern California, I wouldn't call that holding out on us.  ;)

OK that is true, I'll agree with that. I saw that thread last night. Pretty exciting.

It is interesting that we see some, like Vernonia and Half Moon Bay, coming for miles, way in advance. Then wham, out of nowhere, here comes Sekiu. OK, that's cool, wow!

Then just when I am ready to ask about KHAF, bam -- here's Redding, just a week or two out. OK, that's very cool, thanks!

Then while we are admiring the progress of Gordon up on Squamish, bam -- where comes Russ White, back for more in SAK, right out of nowhere. Again, exceeding cool!

So while we do have some roadmaps, it is interesting to see how much and how quickly plans can change. As JV says in all this info threads, all of this discussion is subject to change, and clearly that is the case.

I like hearing about what is in the works, personally, but I also like these little surprises also. It keeps things fresh on the forums.

Sweet! I think I saw a couple buying a house just outside of this town on the TV show "Buying Alaska." Man, I'm going to be hard pressed to figure out my flights over the next few weeks, since I'm still exploring NCA and haven't even made it up to Seiku yet. :) I guess I'll have to stop there OMW from NCA to Gustavus.

A side note.  Back before the Juneau airport had the Localizer/DME approach with reasonably low minima, inbound IFR traffic, encountering below minima weather, landed at Gustavus with its low minima ILS.  Juneau passengers were off loaded and eventually ferried on Alaska Coastal.

Looking quite excellent Mr. White, quite excellent indeed. I love the attention to detail in terms of the autogen placement around the airport. It's nice to see the placement of tree's reflect the actual real life aerial shots in GE.

My only wish is that the North American FTX GA AI traffic package would be updated and expanded to include the SAK region with real life local companies operating out of these outstanding airports. It's something I would be willing to pay money for as I know the creation of textures for the AI aircraft can be quite time consuming.

Nice work, as always. :)

My only wish is that the North American FTX GA AI traffic package would be updated and expanded to include the SAK region with real life local companies operating out of these outstanding airports. It's something I would be willing to pay money for as I know the creation of textures for the AI aircraft can be quite time consuming.

I agree. FTX GA AI traffic adds so much life and realism to PNW and PFJ. Would be fantastic to get the same amount and variety of traffic in the other regions. I would be willing to pay for such a package as well.

Archived