(Download) file size for this product is 22.9GB [FSGlobal Mesh]

FSRobert

PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible (Download) file size for this product is 22.9GB  has abybody downloaded this file before. I am very much considering doing this...it seems like a insane huge download size though. 

Also will it be compatible with all FTX regions ?  

FSRobert,

I'm downloading it now.  There are six files to download.  I'm on my fifth now.  The first file is a little over 3 gig, and the others are a little over 4 gig.  I think I started about two hours ago.  And, I'm downloading them one at a time.

I can't get the GetRight to work....so, I've been chancing it.  So far, so good.

Rod

i just purchased this myself, it is 6 files as stated above and i just started the first one and its half way done already, i am on a 50mbps fiber connection and never had a corrupt file from the simstore, seems to only let me download one at a time though, so maybe an hour and i should have them all.its been a great christmas for me, i have had a fair amount of extra money to dump into my hobby, i flew for 4 or 5 hours just after installing vectors and loved it, the only thing i dont understand is why the highway overpasses are laying on top of each other, i hope this helps the elevations as someone else posted, and if you use the download manager you can get the multiple downloads at once, my mistake.

PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible (Download) file size for this product is 22.9GB  has abybody downloaded this file before. I am very much considering doing this...it seems like a insane huge download size though. 

Also will it be compatible with all FTX regions ?  

I have been using this for a few weeks now, and YES, it works with ALL FTX regions. When installed, it will in fact take up 22.9 GB of space, but that much size is not uncommon when installing mesh programs. At any rate, I confirm what the chaps above said, download each file and then install.

Enjoy!

I just downloaded this very product from The FlightSim Store recently . Once you log into your account at The FlightSim Store and access your downloads it was listed this way. It was split into six different files :

PILOTSFSG2010FTX.zip        2.95GB

PILOTSFSG2010FTX.z01       4.0  GB

PILOTSFSG2010FTX.z02       4.0  GB

PILOTSFSG2010FTX.z03       4.0  GB

PILOTSFSG2010FTX.z04       4.0  GB

PILOTSFSG2010FTX.z05       4.0  GB

________

22.95GB    

These file sizes are the end size after using The Internet Download Manager . I did have to redownload the PILOTSFSG2010FTX.zip   2.95GB . After I unzipped it and tried to run the Application.exe file to start the installation , Internet Download Manager stated it was corrupt . The 2nd zip file(PILOTSFSG2010FTX.zip)  worked fine and the installation went well . As a matter of fact , I installed it both P3D v1.4 and v2.0 without a hitch .

i don't want to sound stupid but do i extract the first zip file to a new folder and then just drop the other 5 files into the same folder? .z01 .z02 ect.. dont have to be exctracted is this correct?

Brett , I had all the files in the same folder just to be on the safe side and it worked fine . Whether or not it has to be done this way , I can't answer .

Rich

Brett , I had all the files in the same folder just to be on the safe side and it worked fine . Whether or not it has to be done this way , I can't answer .

Rich

thanks rich for the quick reply, all the files are almost downloaded already, so it's taken about 30-34 min to download 24 gig, thats pretty fast

has anyone had problems extracting the files after download, once it starts it stops extracting with error messages such as you cant extract to the same folder as the archive or something, i deleted everything and redownloading thinkinh maybe a download was corrupt.

FWIW the file extension .Z0X indicates a "spanned zip file".  All six files need to be unzipped into the same folder, then the .exe from the .zip extension file is run.  It will extract all the files from all six files one after the other.  You only have to run one file to get all files extracted.

I have been using this for a few weeks now, and YES, it works with ALL FTX regions. When installed, it will in fact take up 22.9 GB of space, but that much size is not uncommon when installing mesh programs. At any rate, I confirm what the chaps above said, download each file and then install.

Enjoy!

FTX Regions are not affected by this install. They exclude all other scenery data when active. Including (to the best of my understanding) mesh.

C.

I have tried to download the six from my account at FSS.  The first file downloaded fine but the next one (after two goes and nine hours......!!! ????) told me there was nothing inside it when I tried to open it!!   I have "download manager" and use it for all of my Orbx downloads but this one has been nothing but a headache and HUGE waste of time for me!!!

I will just have to wait for my "media copy" in snail mail!  So I guess it will turn up some time next year.....?

There is no way i am going to bother with Vector until I get my copy of FS 2010.

Cheers.

Tim...

Its a split zip. Think of those six files as just one file.

Just download all files into the same folder.

Then unzip just the first ZIP; it will need to have all those other files in the same location and will unpack everything from each one in one go; just as if it is one file.

Suggest also that you unzip to a new folder rather than unzip to "here"; it will make life easier.

Cheers

Hi Jeff,

I have tried that but it keeps putting the file PILOTSFSG2010FTX.z01 into my "programs" file -under downloads- and then when i try to unzip the first PILOTSFSG2010FTX.zip file it tells me "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file.... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH......... So then i try to just place the PILOTSFSG2010FTX.z01 into the PILOTSFSG2010FTX.zip  and it tells me "Improper us of multi-volume ZIP file"

I never thought it could be soooo complicated if it is broken into six parts to help with downloading.....  

Sometimes things are just not to be easy.....

Dunno.

I used Internet Download Manager. All files downloaded into the same folder.

Then I right-clicked the main ZIP and said "Extract to folder <foldername>" (where 'foldername' was the name of the ZIP file).

I used a registered copy of WinZip. It all came out good.

Dunno.

I used Internet Download Manager. All files downloaded into the same folder.

Then I right-clicked the main ZIP and said "Extract to folder <foldername>" (where 'foldername' was the name of the ZIP file).

I used a registered copy of WinZip. It all came out good.

I am scratching my head too....???

For myself at the moment I only got the first file. The others simply will not download seems like broken links. I have contacted the FSS about this and awaiting an answer. 

Please keep us informed at how you go FSRobert.

;)

Tim....

Hi Rob (de Vries) and everyone,    Just a correction,  FTX regions do NOT have their own mesh.

Cheers  Dan

"FTX Full regions provide one stop solutions to all 4 layers... They provide mesh, landclass data, textures and vector data to give maximum detail."

From this thread http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/ 

Yes correct, all regions come with custom mesh except for Ireland and N-Ireland. But for the rolling hills there no extra mesh is required anyway. The dafult FSX mesh is detailed enough for this kind of landscape without any spiky peaks. Ah yes, and for Australia there is Holger Mesh.

Cheers, Wolfgang

I just finished downloading all six files without a glitch using Internet Download Manager. Not sure why you are having problems in Stockholm???

Can anyone advise on the best location to unzip this package? Does it need to be unzipped into the main simulator folders? I run both FSX and P3Dv2 on separate SSD drives.

Thanks!

I just finished downloading all six files without a glitch using Internet Download Manager. Not sure why you are having problems in Stockholm???

Can anyone advise on the best location to unzip this package? Does it need to be unzipped into the main simulator folders? I run both FSX and P3Dv2 on separate SSD drives.

Thanks!

Great to hear you got the files. I using my FSS account for the download links. They are megafire links, do you have the same with megefire links ?

To unzip the files don't use 7Zip, use WinZip or WinRAR trial or paid versions of the latest version. I got errors extracting with 7Zip then used WinZip 18 Trial and extracted fine. Mesh then installed fine.

Put all files in the same folder then unzip.

Looks like a corrupt download to me, or the fact it appears you are using Windows unzip.

Never use Windows unzip for large files. Very unreliable.

Suggest you try WinZip, WinRAR or 7-Zip. All are good.

Trial versions work fine, but you may later elect to purchase. Can't remember whether 7-Zip is free; think it might be for personal use.

I use a paid copy of WinZip.

Cheers

Looks like a corrupt download to me, or the fact it appears you are using Windows unzip.

Never use Windows unzip for large files. Very unreliable.

Suggest you try WinZip, WinRAR or 7-Zip. All are good.

Trial versions work fine, but you may later elect to purchase. Can't remember whether 7-Zip is free; think it might be for personal use.

I use a paid copy of WinZip.

Cheers

Thank you Jeff,

I thought i had "WinZip" installed but looks like I do not....?  Maybe I only used a "trail" version all those years ago.

I will get it again and let you know how i get on.  I have also noticed that my "Internet Download Manager" does not want to work when I down load the other .z files?  I get the default IE11 or Chrome download managers?  It is currently  downloading at 375KB/sec.....

Kind regards.

Tim...

Great news from me. At the moment I am file#2 and all is going well. For whatever reason the program adware blocked my downloading. I simply removed the trial program and everything works as normal once again.  

I want to thanks Jay at FSS  for his kind help concerning this matter and all those here who put up with my replies the last few days...Happy New Year from Stockholm. 

Great news from me. At the moment I am file#2 and all is going well. For whatever reason the program adware blocked my downloading. I simply removed the trial program and everything works as normal once again.  

I want to thanks Jay at FSS  for his kind help concerning this matter and all those here who put up with my replies the last few days...Happy New Year from Stockholm. 

Great to hear you are all sorted FSRobert.  JayKae is well and truly the mask hero here too!  Always happy to open up his utility belt and help out.  We all would be up s*#t creek if it were not for him.

Happy New Year!

Tim...

Archived