(Download) file size for this product is 22.9GB [FSGlobal Mesh]

FSRobert

Thank you Jeff,

I thought i had "WinZip" installed but looks like I do not....?  Maybe I only used a "trail" version all those years ago.

I will get it again and let you know how i get on.  I have also noticed that my "Internet Download Manager" does not want to work when I down load the other .z files?  I get the default IE11 or Chrome download managers?  It is currently  downloading at 375KB/sec.....

Kind regards.

Tim...

Tim, check out the options in IDM. You can force a download to use IDM. On mine, which I think is default, I would use the key INSERT after enabling that option.

Perhaps that will help.

Alternatively, check the file types list in IDM and see whether the .z file extension is enabled (I see it listed in my list: it just lists 'Z' as one of the default allowed types).

Tim, check out the options in IDM. You can force a download to use IDM. On mine, which I think is default, I would use the key INSERT after enabling that option.

Perhaps that will help.

Alternatively, check the file types list in IDM and see whether the .z file extension is enabled (I see it listed in my list: it just lists 'Z' as one of the default allowed types).

Hi Jeff,

Thank you again for you input.  I did eventually find that feature for the z:/ files in my IDM.   I have downloaded it all and have fully installed both FSGlobal 2010 and FTX Vector with sterling results!!  (so far......?)

Kind regards and Happy New Year!!

Tim...

Tomesk & Wolfco, first off, happy new year and hope everyone has a great 2014.

If ALL regions come with their own mesh, then why would you need Holger's for Australia??? Why, because FTX Australia does NOT come with it's own Orbx mesh and neither do the other regions to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps an Orbx staff member or moderator could simply say yes or no to this question please.

Cheers all.

Australia, I believe, does not have mesh: use Holger's (which is a free download from ORBX) or some other [see note on multiple meshes below].

All other regions except the Irelands (or possibly just Northern) have mesh; nothing more is *required* in those regions.

I believe N.Ireland didn't have mesh because there was no good freeware mesh and anything else was cost prohibitive for ORBX to include 'free'.

In all cases, you can run another mesh as well. Whichever mesh is best is the one FSX will use.

If there are two meshes that are 'the same' (in the way that FSX evaluates them which I think is the level of detail) then FSX, I believe, uses the one that is higher in the scenery library; but only when the two are the same. Thus if there is a more detailed mesh anywhere in the library, it will get preference over any less detailed mesh in the library, regardless of their relative positions.

So I am now confused; why do we then need FS Global 2010??

Happy New Year too, Bassman!

FS Global 2010 or any other SRTM based mesh you will need for the world outside the full fat FTX regions PNW, NRM, CRM, PFJ, SAK, NZSI, NZNI, England, Scotland, Wales and Australia (Holger Mesh). And for the rolling hills of the Irelands a more detailed mesh than the default is overkill IMO.

Or to put it another way, you need a detailed mesh for the regions where FTX Global textures and FTX Vector is used.

Yes its a biggie looking at my downloaded version it comes in at around 3.5 Gb then unzips to around 24Gb for installing.

cheers

Iain

Iain your right, the main zip file is about 3.5gb but there are 7 other support files (*.z01-7) each of these are between 3-4Gb in size.

I downloaded using Getright and they download ok (left it running overnight so I don't know how long it took). Win zip 1 click extract worked ok but you do have to move the main .exe file back up one folder level so all the files are together in one folder.

I chose FS Global 2010 as I wanted the easy way out. I have previously used FSGenious and UTX Europe but saw in the Global 2010 I could cover the whole world with one product for a one off price and one compatible with FTX.

Anton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, All members in this thread

I had followed this thread closely and have read and reread the message a couple of times and

fully understoood what FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible do . Almost all the important part of downloading

for the first time such a big files questions , extract and install expectation I was about to ask, had already been answered here.

Thank you guys, I will go on to buy FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible BUT Just to be certain, is this the version you guys had bought?

I do not wish to be the outstanding one by buying such a costly software difference from the majority uses

Thank you all in advance,   ricky1088

Hello, All .......

......FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible BUT Just to be certain, is this the version you guys had bought?

I do not wish to be the outstanding one by buying such a costly software difference from the majority uses

ricky1088

Yep, certainly is and together with FTX:Global VECTOR I'm very happy so far (few flights in USA mainland, Hawaii and UK).

Yep, certainly is and together with FTX:Global VECTOR I'm very happy so far (few flights in USA mainland, Hawaii and UK).

+1 

Even tho it took me close to 2 hrs to figure out the unzipping procedure...LOL... it was all worth it the time. :)      

Why is nobody ordering the DVD's?

Luckily I ordered the DVD's as well. Downloaded all files as well using Free Download Manager and every one of them came up corrupted with mismatched checksums. Each download was about 4 hrs using Australia's state of the art internet.

Hello, All members in this thread

I had followed this thread closely and have read and reread the message a couple of times and

fully understoood what FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible do . Almost all the important part of downloading

for the first time such a big files questions , extract and install expectation I was about to ask, had already been answered here.

Thank you guys, I will go on to buy FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible BUT Just to be certain, is this the version you guys had bought?

Thank you all in advance,   ricky1088

Hi ricky1088,

The FS Global 2010 FTX package we are talking about (well, me especially), is the one Adrian at FSS is selling.  You can for a little extra (which includes shipping costs), get your copy put on DVD-ROM/Digital Media Service as well as a download too.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=249&products_id=2648.

I hope this helps you out some more.  

Kind regards.

Tim...

Hi Tim, Thanks for that,

But I am having a hard time downloading the software, since last night (home)  until now (office) only manage to successfully grab 1 file, that 's the first one in the top, poor things, my connection speed

is tortoise and worst my payware Getright version 6.5 is misbehaving today and not taking instruction  seriously by refusing to do a resume whenever there is a DL connection breaks , then I have to start

all over again otherwise the server at FSS will say files not found or bad request. (3rd attempt in all just to dl the 2nd files) you see, how much time had been lost. My first bad  experience dl such a large files but

I do not encounter this for my past purchases at FSS. just wondering why?  Yes, I did order the software with dvd by snail mail. This is what I do for my download. At home dl  1 file, office dl the 2nd files, with a

slow internet connection, you want to beat them. has anyone here dl file this way? hope I am not the only odd one. Any suggestion how to get my payware getright STAND ATTENTION.

after post this message, try my luck dl 2nd file only again.   Phwee, take air.......      regards.. ricky1088

Gooday everyone,

I have sent FSS two seperate emails indicating the issues I have. The bins download no problem, but the Zip will not extract properly. NAM03.bin comes up with a corrupt file and NAM04.bin indicates no local header for me. Files before and after all unzip with no issues. So I have sent pictures off to FSS and have talked to Stefan from Pilots, no resolution so far but hopefully soon as I installed Vector it looks great but I can see areas where the mesh is required, Toronto harbour as an example where the islands are all missing but the docks there :). So hopefully this mesh program issue sorts out soon as thats over 150 dollars spent for these two products and I am itching to fly with them installed. If I hear anything I will post on here. 

This is my first post on Orbx, but a big fan of the products have most of the North American stuff and like to wish Orbx team continued prosperity in the New Year and looking forward to openLC for NA. 

Thanks

Blake Kelly

This is the answer I sent you after your first email:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. It appears your download is corrupt and the file will need to be downloaded again. Please clear out your browser cache and temporary files and restart your internet connection and computer before reattempting the download.

Sometimes the corruption is due to the inability of the Windows inbuilt unzip facility to handle large files, we recommend downloading one of the following software :

We also recommend using a download manager such as Internet Download Manager (http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com) which offers a free trial period to handle the transfer of large files from our servers. This program will ensure the download is resumed in the event that an interruption occurs on your connection to the server, which seems to be the case here.

Perhaps you can try re-downloading using a download manager. Alternatively you can have the software delivered on disk with the purchase of a Digital Media Service (DMS). For further information on the DMS please see the following product page on our website:

When ordering the DMS please select the appropriate delivery option (either CD-ROM or DVD-ROM) for the size of the files to be delivered, and be sure to enter a comment during checkout quoting your original order number and the product titles you would like delivered on the disk. Note, you do not need to purchase these products again, only the DMS.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Sorry Mozz but inbuilt download managers of Chrome and Firefox are rubbish. @Ricky IDM is the only way to go in this case, it has a free trial

Archived