No I've joined the DX10 Band-wagon

Capnsully

Yep, thanks to Andy and all the others in the various threads. Can't say I've seen any fps improvement, but the overall look of the sim is definitely nicer, plus ace AA.

9Fj6g.jpg

ysKeE.jpg

i9FSu.jpg

7IPlr.jpg

This last pic is taken well to the North of Cairns, the amazing coastal highway, magical place it is. Especially in a nice handling car!

Ho17.jpg

Yep, thanks to Andy and all the others in the various threads. Can't say I've seen any fps improvement, but the overall look of the sim is definitely nicer, plus ace AA.

Yay - another convert :lol:

I'm surprised you're not getting performance increases. The manual is definitely worth ploughing through and Paul J's "How to" guide: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387343-the-how-to-doc/

Adam.

Adam, I use the DX10 Fixer since saturday, I can't say my FPS are better but they seems smoother than before. but sur the look is better than before specially the shadows in VC.

I'm still have problem with lights but i'm not sure it's DX10 problem, I will post some screens in the DX10 forum

Cap welcome int he DX10 band-wagon ;)

Beautiful set indeed but I' m not ready yet for DX10, since some sceneries and older aircrafts that matter to me are not functioning properly if not on DX9. So, a sorry compromise until I get tired of both older planes and specific sceneries. ^-^

Beautiful set indeed but I' m not ready yet for DX10, since some sceneries and older aircrafts that matter to me are not functioning properly if not on DX9. So, a sorry compromise until I get tired of both older planes and specific sceneries. ^-^

Old sceneries I'm not sure about (it seems to vary whose they are), but which "old" aircraft are you worried about? Maybe I have some of them installed and can tell you whether they work or not ...

Adam.

Old sceneries I'm not sure about (it seems to vary whose they are), but which "old" aircraft are you worried about? Maybe I have some of them installed and can tell you whether they work or not ...

Adam.

For example, the DHC5. I open FSX to choose aircrafts. I pick the DHC5 or the Constellation. If I work with dx9, they show up with their colours. If I check the box DX10 Preview, they get all white. Same thing for the Zeppelin, etc. I've got suddenly close to 200 aircrafts that turn white, and if I uncheck the dx10 preview, all the colours are back... Since I don't know much about computers and more about airplanes, I play it safe...

Yay - another convert :lol:

I'm surprised you're not getting performance increases. The manual is definitely worth ploughing through and Paul J's "How to" guide: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387343-the-how-to-doc/

Adam.

Performance increases depend on how well FSX was set up with DX9. If you go from a DX9 setup without any tweaking or whatever, the step to DX10 can be huge. But if you go from a well set up DX9 sim, the differences are smaller or hardly there. I also don't get a noticable performance increase but 1. DX10 is a little bit smoother and 2. I can use some higher settings (if I want to). Bloom works without any performance cost for instance (but since I don't like the effect I have it turned off). I personally really LOVE the VC shadows which look a lot better too when you use the DX10 Fixer. All in all the differences aren't staggering on my PC but certainly worth it!

For example, the DHC5. I open FSX to choose aircrafts. I pick the DHC5 or the Constellation. If I work with dx9, they show up with their colours. If I check the box DX10 Preview, they get all white. Same thing for the Zeppelin, etc. I've got suddenly close to 200 aircrafts that turn white, and if I uncheck the dx10 preview, all the colours are back... Since I don't know much about computers and more about airplanes, I play it safe...

I'm 99% sure that all your "white" aircraft will work fine. I had at least four running as AI (via Ultimate Traffic 2) that were white. There's a P-3 Orion like that in one of my other topics. All got sorted with no problems. Only the *really* old aircraft (ex FS2002 etc.) may not work. I used to run FS Aircraft Converter which seemed to do exactly the same thing - with the same small drawbacks. Any aircraft that I did have problems with (way back then) I probably wouldn't have wanted to keep anyway. As I said - all my current freeware crop run fine.

Performance increases depend on how well FSX was set up with DX9. If you go from a DX9 setup without any tweaking or whatever, the step to DX10 can be huge. But if you go from a well set up DX9 sim, the differences are smaller or hardly there.

Good point. I thought I'd got my DX9 working as best I could - but I think you can easily get yourself into an over-tweaked and messed up fsx.cfg. That said, the main core of my fsx.cfg is the same old DX9 one - no changes in the traditional tweaks.

Adam.

Archived