Some more Tradewind shots!

mikee

Great set mikee

Is that last shot some sort of motorised wheeled cradle for taxing purposes or what ??

Stu

Thank you Wolter , stu and Christoph for your nice comments!

I think so Stu!  I haven't try turning left or right yet,  but it is for landing and takeoff purposes on concrete runways!

Great set mikee

Is that last shot some sort of motorised wheeled cradle for taxing purposes or what ??

Stu

Thank you Wolter , stu and Christoph for your nice comments!

I think so Stu!  I haven't try turning left or right yet,  but it is for landing and takeoff purposes on concrete runways!

Its beaching gear. Its run out under the hull while the Tradewind is afloat, so that it the aircraft can then be brought up onto dry land for maintenance etc. Just about every non-amphibious flying boat had some such arrangement. I very much doubt they would have used it for powered taxying ( how do they brake ? ) - more likely it would have been towed.

It is definitely NOT for landing and taking off from concrete runways !!  :lol:

Its beaching gear. Its run out under the hull while the Tradewind is afloat, so that it the aircraft can then be brought up onto dry land for maintenance etc. Just about every non-amphibious flying boat had some such arrangement. I very much doubt they would have used it for powered taxying ( how do they brake ? ) - more likely it would have been towed.

It is definitely NOT for landing and taking off from concrete runways !!  :lol:

You are absolutely right paul!  It is impossible to take-off or even more impossible to land on those weels! ( I think it is just for fsx purposes......)  Thank you very much for the information!

Archived