RTMM Releases Halibut Cove for ORBX SAK

stiletto2

Hi all,

Return To Misty Moorings has just released a fantastic new piece of freeware scenery for the ORBX Southern Alaska Region.   It is named Halibut Cove and models a very unique location on the Kenai peninsula just across from Homer, Alaska.   The community of Halibut Cove lies in a protected stretch of waterway called the narrows, which runs between the hourglass-shaped Ismailof Island and the south shore of Kachemak Bay. Many of the houses sit on pilings (due to regular tidal variances of almost 25 feet), and the only transportation is by boat - there are no cars. There are no roads.  There are no runways.  Halibut Cove can only be reached by ferry, floatplane or amphibian.

tgz6.jpg

If you are looking for a floatplane base on the Kenai....this is it.  RTMM's Halibut Cove is not like its normal scenery addons.  This one is special!!  The whole RTMM team has been working on this scenery for months.  RTMM has made hundreds of hand-made changes to terrain elevations and textures to give you the feeling of actually being there.  Many custom modeled objects have been used to provide key photo-similar structures to real-life.  This scenery also feature AI Boats and Floatplanes that have been repainted to look like the real boats and floatplanes at Halibut Cove.  Using RTMM's Season Switcher and the Season Selection direction in the twenty-one page User Guide, the scenery integrates into all of the FSX seasons.  In addition, RTMM's Halibut Cove contains a fully-featured Control Panel so that you can tailor the scenery to your system and your likes/dislikes.

0fcg.jpg

Click below for a 5 minute movie introducing you to RTMM's Halibut Cove:

gncs.jpg

r7dw.jpg

This is a place you want to visit in real life because it is quite unique and in a beautiful setting.   However, since a lot of us don't make it to that part of Alaska, now you can visit it on your computer any time you want.  

baf5.jpg

This is the link to the RTMM Halibut Cove release posting in the RTMM forum.  We hope to see you there.

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=1756.0

Rod Jackson

Halibut Cove Project Leader

RTMM Staff

Hey Rod.

Thanks for the info Rod, i look forward to explore also this Great Scenery from Your Team/RTMM. ::)

I think actually, that the easyest way to access RTMM and these beatyfull and FREE Scenerys, is to start, downloading all the librarys and the "rtmm_scenery_test_3", and make

it work in the first place (ive never had a problem, downloading from RTMM).

Then scenery.

And the first time isnt always easy. Maybe a bit more patience would be in place. 8)

Kind regards

Henrik

Hey Rod.

Thanks for the info Rod, i look forward to explore also this Great Scenery from Your Team/RTMM. ::)

I think actually, that the easyest way to access RTMM and these beatyfull and FREE Scenerys, is to start, downloading all the librarys and the "rtmm_scenery_test_3", and make

it work in the first place (ive never had a problem, downloading from RTMM).

Then scenery.

And the first time isnt always easy. Maybe a bit more patience would be in place. 8)

Kind regards

Henrik

Hi all,

First let me thank Henrik for his fine words above.   You are so correct!

Wolf2grey:   If you have all of the RTMM Object Libraries installed (which you may have done in prep for using Taku Lodge) then you have the libraries you need for Halibut Cove except that you would have to update the CeyX and RTMM Object LIbraries since new versions came out a couple of days ago.  If you have more questions, it would be to post on the RTMM forum.

MustangAce:  I'm sorry if you are having trouble downloading from flighsim.com.    You are correct, one of the object libraries that RTMM uses does come from flightsim.com.   Our team would be happy to help you get that library, if you post your issue on the RTMM forum. 

One other correction that was inadvertently posted, Halibut Cove does require FSX Acceleration and Tongass Fjords X to be installed.  That is not an option.

Some general comments:    RTMM produces some very good looking scenery at no dollar cost to the user.  Halibut Cove is quite possibly the best looking scenery RTMM has ever produced.  However, the new RTMM user does need to take some time to understand RTMM's approach.  We have a base set of object libraries that a user needs to have.   Some are downloaded from public sites like flightsim.com.  And, yes it takes a little bit of work to get established using RTMM scenery.  Then, once you have all of the RTMM object libraries loaded, things become much easier.  We don't use a lot of automatic installers and don't have our own proprietary set of libraries.  Though we do create custom object models that we allow to be shared.  So, yes it takes a bit more work to get started than payware.  A new user has to invest some time in return for......quality looking scenery for free!  

RTMM has a very dedicated staff ready to answer any questions and/or help a new user get started or a returning user who has an issue.  All that I ask is that, if you want to use this amazing software, post your concerns and issues on the RTMM web site and we will work with you so, that you too, can enjoy this great scenery. 

It is interesing to note that, though a number of people have posted here on their concern about the difficulty in installing this scenery, nobody has posted on the RTMM web site asking for help.  Bottom line, if you would like to use this software and feel you need help in understanding how to use RTMM software or how to install Halibut Cove, please visit us at our forum and let us work with you.

Rod

All I can say about RTMM is that this group of dedicated and talented people produce some of the most inventive, enjoyable and satisfying freeware (that means it doesn't cost users any money!) that is as good as some payware and in some cases even better....

I haven't downloaded Halibut Cove yet as I just found out about it.   I'll do so shortly and I'm sure it will be excellent.

When I first started installing RTMM scenery, I found there was a lot of "start up" stuff to do involving the libraries etc.  

I took my time and installed all required files and ran the library test etc.    It took time but it was well worth it.

Thank you RTMM team for all your efforts.....   Howard

Hi guys,

first off, many thanks to the RTMM team for this new free add-on; it's much appreciated and it certainly looks that a huge amount of effort went into it!

I've cleaned up this thread a bit. If you have specific concerns or installation issues please use the RTMM forums: http://forum.mistymoorings.com/

Cheers, Holger

Many thanks Rod and your team!  ::)

we do a lot of online flying,and use much of yout great stuff...............

you have a flying group? good idea, I always wondered why ORBX regulars haven't formed a group, would be a great idea

you have a flying group? good idea, I always wondered why ORBX regulars haven't formed a group, would be a great idea

yes,we fly at

http://digitalthemepark.blogspot.de/

next is this today 19.00 z

we fly scotland   info here; http://digitalthemepark.blogspot.de/p/achievement-uk-blighty-flights.html

i have post many events here in the forum,but no one join.........they do not know wat they miss 8)

and i do also not understand why orbx do nothing for online flying,if there were no online flying i have never buy any scenerey or plane................

i have buy my stuff to fly with other users they have it...................

Archived