NZQN Latest Screenshots

Hi Guys sorry its been a long time coming, but I can now post some more shots from Queenstown. I will post more close up shots in the next week. The PR resolution is 60cm as unfortunately there is no high res imagery available, so the details around the airport are a bit lower than most of our previous releases.

post-321-0-87550500-1361930900_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-62215400-1361930922_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-57669400-1361931113_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-77714300-1361931137_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-64192200-1361931164_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-53046000-1361931184_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-87684200-1361931215_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-65703500-1361931259_thumb.jpg

Love the cute hangar & cabin above, my dream holiday house!

That's actually the clubhouse for Wakatipu Aero Club, One of the best places in the world to train for mountain flying. IIRC Last time I was there back in 2011 they had the Aerostunts (An aerobatics outfit for adventure tourists) Pitts Special parked in the hangar below. Awesome work as usual Orbx!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Martin,

She is looking fantatsic!

I would like to ask if there will be the grass strip that is 4nm south of Queenstown (along Kingston Rd that NZONE do their skydiving from), included with this package?

Kind regards

Tim...

I would like to ask if there will be the grass strip that is 4nm south of Queenstown (along Kingston Rd that NZONE do their skydiving from), included with this package?

Kind regards

Tim...

That would be really cool. We visitid Queenstown during a holiday trip in February, and one of my sons made a skydive there (which I was observing with mixed feelings from the base).

Kind regards, Michael

That would be great. As a former skydiver, how about also modelling the drop plane and/or have canopies in the sky?

I normally fly out Hamilton as I am getting my PPL there, and I was amused to see a dozen or more hot air balloons in Orbx FSX the other morning :-)

Cannot wait to get my hands on it... I just love the South Island and Queenstown is perfectly situated there.

Just a humble remark: the neutral grey of the apron/taxiway/runway does make the airport stand out noticeably from the surrounding area. I think giving this neutral grey a yellowish tint (to the apron at least) would help a lot to melt the airport into its surrounding where everything white/gray has a yellow tint.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Martin,

is there a chance of some more teasers for Queenstown ?

This is the one I have been most looking forward too, (along with Bathurst, Canberra, FTX Global etc)......lol

Cheers

Phil

+1 ::)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Credit card ready. Poor thing. It's recently had to work for Alaska and Pacific Fjords as I buy up the regions when I get some spare $$$ on my round the world trip. Won't get there for a bit, but I'm getting 'em when I can.  Anything in NZ is an automatic purchase for me, given I live here :)

Archived