EU England - Some coastline and suburbs

These are from the far western tip of Cornwall between Penzance, passing over Lands End airfield and on towards St Ives, and the suburban shots are around Manchester.

(Moderator note: Mark is using Prepar3D exclusively for his testing of FTX England)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fantastic captures here Mark!

And:

The suburban areas look amazing - representing "reality" very, very well (at least as far as i can say or judge from a distance and by what i know about the "looks of GB-landscapes")!

WOW!

And the coastlines ... just:

WOW! - ... again

SUPER!

Glad you're enjoying these guys.... and yes all with an exclusive P3D sim environment, with a very subtle ENB config, which you can try below.

Great shots Mark, the Cornish coastline looks great.. and I could work out St Ives too :)

You saying you got enb working with P3D... Is it as easy to install as it is in fsx or is there a different procedure from fsx?

Many thanks :)

Great shots Mark, the Cornish coastline looks great.. and I could work out St Ives too :)

You saying you got enb working with P3D... Is it as easy to install as it is in fsx or is there a different procedure from fsx?

Many thanks :)

Thanks John... yep, simply place the config and d3d9.dll in the main P3D dir and your good to go. Like FSX some people have trouble with it, but I seem to have no issues.

All the towns I know are instantly recognisable in EU England - they really have done a remarkable job with both rural and urban locations.

Thanks John... yep, simply place the config and d3d9.dll in the main P3D dir and your good to go. Like FSX some people have trouble with it, but I seem to have no issues.

All the towns I know are instantly recognisable in EU England - they really have done a remarkable job with both rural and urban locations.

Many thanks Mark :)

Such a pleasure to see the UK of my youth coming to life in the sims, and what a treat to see realistic coastlines.. I get so sick of looking at coastlines that look as if they were drawn with a wide pen nib. Thanks to the team for more wonderful work. Teecee.

Excellent shots Mark...

Are you able to fly VFR and recognise the ground below to how you know it should be (Obviously you need to know the area lol)

EG In the UK when approaching aiports etc there are VRP (Visual reference points)...Can you see these??

Excellent shots Mark...

Are you able to fly VFR and recognise the ground below to how you know it should be (Obviously you need to know the area lol)

EG In the UK when approaching aiports etc there are VRP (Visual reference points)...Can you see these??

Thank you all for the comments.

And yes, there are many reference points to allow VFR... not everything is in place on the ground as yet, so it can only get better as it approaches completion.

Any chance of seeing Salisbury Plain - which I imagine is difficult to do as it has unique terrain.

I've yet to fly over Salisbury Plain, but I will do so at some point.

Here was an unexpected pleasure, flying somewhere north of Blackburn I came across this area of moorland that has this strange camouflage appearance, which is caused by the burning in patches (called swaling in Devon) to clear heather and bracken, giving better grass for livestock. Over the years you get this patterning, with different ages of growth and plant types; this shows the remarkable attention to detail in this scenery... I've come across three different moorland classes thus far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi,

Looking at your suburbs somethings looks odd to me.

For me, my life in England was simple, It was all about moving up the ladder from terrassed to semi detached to detached. I don't seem to see any terrassed in your screen shot which are like 90% of london suburbs backbone,Or maybe this wasnt the right region ?

Overall the look and feel is great and do look like england.

Etienne

The landscape looks wonderful but with the area of cornwall covered i'm concerned as to how the beach areas are depicted, Cornwall has some pretty impressive large stretches of beach, these shots dont show too well how the sea meets the land and how its been done, i'm sure around liverpool there are plenty of sandy expances and the land just doesnt turn into sea.....any chance we can see some more coastal shots showing how the land changes to the sea with the beaches etc....sand dunes.....

looking great tho.....a buy for me so far

Mark

Where can I find the d3d9.dll

Archived