Some more from England's green and pleasant land

Hi Ed,

Thanks for posting. As I asked Iain is there any chance of posting more recognisable Urban areas? estuaries? or other well known geographic locations.

One observation I would make is that in all the shots posted so far the ground cover looks very dull and lacking in contrast for some of the Blue sky shots posted? I know many overseas visitors get the impression that the UK is constantly greyed over but when the sun is out it's as bright as anywhere else on the globe.

Any chance of brightening the textures Devs?

Geoff

Glad you all like screenshots. The first few are from P3D from Dover to the River Thames. The others are from FSX in the West Country. It is a delight flying in this new region and the UK team have done well.

Speechless..bring it on..

Any clues as to what area will be covered in the first release?.. I am hoping for Yorkshire and the Lake district.. Teecee.

Have a look here teeceee http://www.orbxsyste..._80#entry438303 , looks like you won't be disappointed

Glad you all like screenshots. The first few are from P3D from Dover to the River Thames. The others are from FSX in the West Country. It is a delight flying in this new region and the UK team have done well.

Have a look here teeceee http://www.orbxsyste..._80#entry438303 , looks like you won't be disappointed

Ohh wow!

I recognise shot no 3!

This near Tilbury, where I live!

The plane is on the Kent (South) side of the Thames, looking over to Essex and East Tilbury. If you fly further west up the river, you will pass Grays, QE2 bridge, Dagenham, London City and then London.

You guys have it spot on and makes me grin from ear to ear to see where I live in Orbx land! :)

Got this from Google Earth.. pretty darn close guys... actually, looks more like Tilbury than what Tilbury does ;)

Posted Image

As these are from a Beta I guess there's quite a few major landmarks still to come then? Dover Harbour and Castle, The Power Station, Liner terminal and Fort at Tilbury etc. Once I got the orientation thought I recognised Rochester. Just one suggestion and that's the width of the Motorways. They ought to be wider. They're one of the most prominent landmarks for VFR pilots in the UK today.

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

Intersting,

this selection of pics do not look anywhere near as good or accurate as some of the others posted. The river colours are wrong and the scenery lacks the same feeling, maybe this is because the dev is in the southern hemisphere and the others are based in the uk with a better first hand knowledge of what things are really like?

Intersting,

this selection of pics do not look anywhere near as good or accurate as some of the others posted. The river colours are wrong and the scenery lacks the same feeling, maybe this is because the dev is in the southern hemisphere and the others are based in the uk with a better first hand knowledge of what things are really like?

The Screenshots are taken from an array of different Beta Builds. Thus meaning the difference in Quality.

Intersting,

The UK team live and work in the UK :)

Archived