Ketchikan ?

I was just thinking the same thing and even posted about it myself. The current airport from the orbx region looks like it offers more than the one being shown in those pictures. Those screen shots look nice and all, but they really look like their all about beautiful colors and such, instead of focusing on the actual airport itself (which is what I'm interested in).

I think the pictures posted thus far only "hint" at how good this airport will be when released. Did you notice the screenshot showing the multiple airport levels and sloping taxiways. I have compared it to photo's of the actual airport and it looks spot on. All of the aiport buildings are not showing but I would expect them to be faithfully rendered in the final product. I noted this bullet on the product page' "Unbelivable level of object detail!!"

Take a deep breath and relax. I think we all know Orbx will come through with the goods.

The answer to that question is one that I would really rather not go into detail on, as it would probably end up changing the subject of this thread, among other reasons. I will just sit tight and wait until I learn more about this airport before making the move. I've always been one to have the need to clearly "see" what it is that I'm spending money on, or in this case prepaying for. Don't let that suggest though that I have any doubt's in the extremely talented capability of the entire Orbx team. I do love the products that are released.

Hi guys,

those are very early screenshots of PAKT and the feature bulletins on the product page give a more complete "picture" than the images. I'd expect that you'll get the usual 24-hour warning before the airport gets released (about six weeks from now) so it's perfectly OK to wait with your pre-paying until preview screenshots are being posted that show more details.

Cheers, Holger

The answer to that question is one that I would really rather not go into detail on, as it would probably end up changing the subject of this thread, among other reasons. I will just sit tight and wait until I learn more about this airport before making the move. I've always been one to have the need to clearly "see" what it is that I'm spending money on, or in this case prepaying for. Don't let that suggest though that I have any doubt's in the extremely talented capability of the entire Orbx team. I do love the products that are released.

A wise man, unlike me who opens his wallet far quicker than perhaps I should!

I prepaid without question, if the dev didn't like it he wouldn't have it available for purchase. These guys are to professional for that. I agree with your second post Howard.

Regards,

Jim.

A reputation sometimes is all you need.

Russell White, Orbx and PAKT...out of the 8 releases (all of which I plan to get) I've only ordered PAKT so far. Knowing it's a Orbx release done by Russell White had me sold. On the package banner it says all that I need to see.

Posted Image

City of Ketchikan, Seaplane ports, ferry terminal, dry dock, Cruise liners, Ferries and Unbelievable level of object detail...oh this is gonna be sweet!

Hey guys, about time i chimed in on this one :)

PAKT is still very much in development, large areas are incomplete and there for cannot be shown up close in screen shots just yet. I am working hard to meet the release date in 5 weeks time, and by that time the airport will exist in great detail, with the most impressive feature being the elevation differences between aprons and runway, with sloping taxi ways etc.

AI aircraft will not be able to use the sloping taxi ways, so AI will only be doing touch and goes, on the runway as FSX will not support the use of multi level airports with AI. However, PAKT has a very active sea plane base, so there will be AI float planes making full use of the waterway next to the airport.

Yes, both Stewart and Bella Coola are projects on my 'to do' list after PAKT is released :)

Russ.

• 2 weeks later...

This just seems a little on the rushed side of things to me. I remember a time, not that long ago, when giving the developer more than enough time to complete the task was a priority, even above releasing any screenshot's or news about the airport. As a customer, I find this quality an important one myself, as I can then make a well informed decision about which purchases I'd like to make, instead of wondering how complete the airport is at the time of release and then wondering how much further it will be developed with service packs/updates afterward. Just my "general" concern as a customer is all.

I am frequently flying around the PFJ areas and i often use PAKT as my starting point - i truly like this rather remote area already very, very much and when i look at the great various levels of details that will be feautured within the new scenerypackage of PAKT, my heart really starts smiling.

Good things take some time to develop - so no need to hurry - as long as it does not become some sort of a "never-ending-story" (which i really don´t assume, when keeping in mind how much sceneries had been released by ORBX continiously over the last months) - i am happily looking forward for PAKT being finally released in the near future ahead!

And besides that, i most of all just really like the fact much, that ORBX does not leave the "further north" and the already released PFJ area aside now, but keeps imroving it continuously - and PAKT is the first add-on from ORBX there to prove that!

So: Gonna go up there flying again very soon!

I think it will be fun taxing an aircraft up and down those slopes. I have no issue with the AI doing Touch & Go's only. With ORBX they offer a little of this, and a little of that. Always something new to play around with. The sloped taxiways will be very cool.

If having AI taxing around becomes an issue then their is always the uninstall button that will go back to the Fiords default (flat) airfield, if that is what is what you require for a time being. Then just reinstall the Premium once again when you need it.

Cheers :D

Archived