Adventures with grown kids

Hi all,

Last Friday I had a great day fishing with my  youngest son Bryan out near the Golden Gate Bridge.  This makes me wonder what types of adventures any of you have and like to do with your grown (or not so grown) kids.

Couple pics of the day fishing for Halibut.

IMG_7476.thumb.jpg.b1bbfdf7dda191b28bdec72f99bb9a88.jpg

IMG_7448.thumb.jpg.4b03d471b406d67cad2523adea09a142.jpg

IMG_6023.thumb.jpg.3f1d1a35df317814f983e8c018e8d555.jpgIMG_6021.thumb.jpg.4a296e114bd8bc6e13d478db01be3165.jpg

IMG_9369.thumb.jpg.e978d806db080c8619fdda2605ccac9a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Nice pics and catch, Rob!  It's great to get away with your son and enjoy a day of fishing.  This summer, I have played golf several times with my 19 year old grandson who is trying to learn the game.  I have really enjoyed it! 

Rod

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

What a catch!  Great pics of a great day, Rob.

I don't have kids, but these pics remind of days as an older teen and young adult having similar days with my dad.  Fishing, and sailing together.  Alas, he left too soon, he died at 44 when I was 25.  Cherish these days!

Ken

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

What a catch!  Great pics of a great day, Rob.

I don't have kids, but these pics remind of days as an older teen and young adult having similar days with my dad.  Fishing, and sailing together.  Alas, he left too soon, he died at 44 when I was 25.  Cherish these days!

Ken

O, I surely do Ken!  Usually my other son is with us on these trips but had other commitments.   We all golf together as well.  Sorry you lost him so young.  My kids lost their Mom when they were 25-28 so I think they make a special effort to have adventures with the ol Man.

• Like 4

Great to see you and your son have a successful day Rob.

What type of fish are they? I've never caught anything bigger

than Whiting and Brim.😟

I'm not much of a fisherman but I do enjoy it.

cheers

Gumby

• Like 3

On 8/8/2024 at 11:07 AM, gumbypickett said:

Great to see you and your son have a successful day Rob.

What type of fish are they? I've never caught anything bigger

than Whiting and Brim.😟

I'm not much of a fisherman but I do enjoy it.

cheers

Gumby

These are halibuts Gumby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My son is into aviation for some reason. If there's an airshow within 3hrs drive we're both there! As a youngster, we were night fishing and he caught a little stingray. I was petrified and had to seek the assistance of an old dude to help us.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Halibut are nearly $40/lb now, so a $200 charter fishing trip netted me almost $600 worth of fish.  The adventure with my Son was a bonus.  These are N California Halibut so a 20 pounder is good size.  When I was in Alaska in the Navy we would consider a 40 pounder as medium size at best..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Really good eating, Gumby. But really expensive. Rob was smart to catch his own. 

They look very meaty, one would feed

an entire family of ten I reckon.

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1