Introducing MSFS Global Trees HD for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

Just a short, neutral question: is this tool a competitor to REX Accuseason or Bijan seasons ? It looks like as if they can't coexist. Or is the purpose of this treetool another one than the others, maybe a supplement to them?

Kai

Hello,
it is incompatible with:

the presence of a third-party mod for trees in the "Community" folder.
This can be either a folder or a symbolic link containing a nested folder "vegetation" with the file 10-asobo_species.xml of a third-party mod for trees.

17 minutes ago, The Merowinger said:

Just a short, neutral question: is this tool a competitor to REX Accuseason or Bijan seasons ? It looks like as if they can't coexist. Or is the purpose of this treetool another one than the others, maybe a supplement to them?

Orbx MSFS Global Trees HD is a completely different addon than REX AccuSeason and Bijan. Don't get hung up on seasons. REX AccuSeason and Bijan are similar addons, they just recolor the default vegetation depending on the season. Orbx MSFS Global Trees HD - replaces all the default vegetation with high-quality vegetation and adds new regional vegetation such as eucalyptus, shrubs, etc.
AU-001.gif

It also creates seasons, but adds new winter vegetation without leaves.
Flight-Simulator-2024-07-04-18-51-22-853

Flight-Simulator-2024-07-04-18-51-51-870

Orbx MSFS Global Trees HD is not compatible with third party tree mods REX Accuseason or Bijan

There is a Canadian developer who has a common library (for all of there airports) named vegetation-material-lib

Does it also conflict? Because if yes, if I disable it I guess it could cause problems in all of their airports.. and if so, could that cause the sim to crash?

I also found a freeware ethnicfs-vegetation-library used by many free addons.. 😪

I guess this needs to be removed too, but will affect all the sceneries that need it, right? or by the replacement by Orbx it would yet look fine?

I'm stating to feel that it conflicts more than expected with my addons 😭

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 1

Carlos, that is a good question.  However, I believe the "ethnicfs-vegetation-library" is an object library of specific trees and so on which are simply placed as objects wherever a developer wants to use them.  I  don't think it has any xml coding that would cause it to alter Asobo's default vegetation.  Hopefully, Dmytro, the MSFS Global Trees HD developer can confirm that ethnicfs-vegetation-library would not be a conflict as many user would have this package like you and I do.

I believe that "chrispiaviation_palm_trees_library" is also an object library that would not conflict though I will defer to Dmytro to be sure.

Rod

Edited by stiletto2
  • Upvote 1

So, I have REX Accuseason installed, I clicked on the "restore original files" option and turned off automation, should that be enough? Or should I delete/remove the app? 

thanks, and thanks to the community for the info on Photogrammetry!!

I can't wait to try this out!!

2 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

Carlos, that is a good question.  However, I believe the "ethnicfs-vegetation-library" is an object library of specific trees and so on which are simply placed as objects wherever a developer wants to use them.  I  don't think it has any xml coding that would cause it to alter Asobo's default vegetation.  Hopefully, Dmytro, the MSFS Global Trees HD developer can confirm that ethnicfs-vegetation-library would not be a conflict as many user would have this package like you and I do.

I believe that "chrispiaviation_palm_trees_library" is also an object library that would not conflict though I will defer to Dmytro to be sure.

Rod

Thank you Rod

Ok let's wait for confirmation from Dmytro

Meanwhile to avoid and to test I got all that out of my folder but next is to test the airports that required those libraries mainly the Canadian ones.

For now here some shots of the surroundings of my local airport (MROC)

q41SyC5.jpeg

There is some transparency as the default ones..

lIYcESl.jpeg

I selected grass 6 but it seems shorter than expected

hSpqZHY.jpeg

I do have the impression that vegetation got darker

This in California, Monterrey airport

There are some kinda orange

zgLO6Cb.jpeg

zpr5vJY.jpeg

LrPyAbJ.jpeg

zDt6nB4.jpeg

It is your trees right? 🙂 

I'll test Europe, and Japan, then will try the Canadians that required the other library..

Cheers

Carlos

In Norway it is indeed notorious

g2EJLuF.jpeg

g0VD8z7.jpeg

cxCohkF.jpeg

Let's check grass 6

zYD4jyU.jpeg

BrYS1fe.jpeg

This area near Oslo looks a bit weird

x9fNtqL.jpeg

Switzerland

Lower on the grass

t8SPNHK.jpeg

MQu8wpx.jpeg

SS1wqNd.jpeg

KQi9qAw.jpeg

It's weird that I feel sleepy it is just 10 so I'm to bed

I'll test Canada tomorrow but so far it seems it's working fine

Cheers

Carlos

7 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Will this one also conflicts, chrispiaviation_palm_trees_library?

Hello Carlos,
the key seems to be the 10-asobo_species.xml file, so if the addon doesn't include one, it will not conflict.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,
the key seems to be the 10-asobo_species.xml file, so if the addon doesn't include one, it will not conflict.

Ok Nick, thanks

I did read that but was not sure what meant, I searched inside the folder and couldn't find anything similar so I doubted if I was getting it right. So chose to ask.

I'll check Bern city as one identified here as conflict to locate what you mean for a better understanding

Cheers

Carlos

19 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Hi Carlos,

That area near Oslo you show looks like PG trees.  Global Trees HD can't change them.  Maybe try turning of PG for a quick test at this area to be sure.

Thanks Rob, that I thought, so all okay as I won't turn off PG

thanks

Carlos

Hello Carlos,
there is a marvellous search engine, named Everything.
If you download and install that and search your entire PC for 10-asobo_species.xml,

in the blink of an eye, you will see them all.

image.png

I cannot recommend Everything highly enough, it is freeware and outperforms the Windows search engine in every respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,
there is a marvellous search engine, named Everything.
If you download and install that and search your entire PC for 10-asobo_species.xml,

in the blink of an eye, you will see them all.

image.png

I cannot recommend Everything highly enough, it is freeware and outperforms the Windows search engine in every respect.

I cannot thank you enough for this Nick as I was lot yesterday trying to find out how to identify that within my sceneries

I was opening every folder and layout and manifest files trying to locate the 10-asobo_species.xml with no avail

I said, I can't be that fool...

Thanks a lot, I'll test it right now

Cheers

Carlos

Awesome!

The two libraries I asked about are free of the 10-asobo_species.xml  and nothings else showed up except Bijan that I had moved out of the community folder

Look at this beauty!

All airport services folders at a blink of an eye for when you need to check a faulty one!

jYbUM5F.png 

Awesome tool, thank you Nick!

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I'm having a strange behavior with my trees/ground in Poland

Seems like when I'm flying to an area the trees start to disappear and the ground textures just look flat, or these ground textures overlap the trees but when I passed the area the trees start to appear again as you can see in different angles of this video. What's going one here and can it be fixed?

https://mega.nz/file/Z4FwiBDD#A8t0tnHc9UE2uEcy4Y-Jl_iAwu5kM2SfmydlFSCpHVM

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Carlos

PS

I think a image with the map showing the location could be useful

DO2Hm8U.jpeg

Edited by carlosqr

4 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I'm having a strange behavior with my trees/ground in Poland

Hi Carlos.

I suspect this is a problem with the basic simulator - or the bing data etc.

I emptied my community folder (so should just be seeing default scenery).

I see the same as you.

All the best,

John

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Hi Carlos.

I suspect this is a problem with the basic simulator - or the bing data etc.

I emptied my community folder (so should just be seeing default scenery).

I see the same as you.

All the best,

John

Thanks for checking John

I was almost sure it was on Asobo as I saw an ugly thing in New Zealand too, then understood it

Cheers

Carlos

On 30.07.2024 at 21:23, Dmytro Krykunov said:

Orbx MSFS Global Trees HD - это совершенно другой аддон, чем REX AccuSeason и Bijan. Не зацикливайтесь на seasons. REX AccuSeason и Bijan - похожие дополнения, они просто изменяют цвет растительности по умолчанию в зависимости от сезона. Orbx MSFS Global Trees HD - заменяет всю растительность по умолчанию растительностью высокого качества и добавляет новую региональную растительность, такую как эвкалипты, кустарники и т.д.
AU-001.gif

В нем также создаются сезоны, но добавляется новая зимняя растительность без листьев.
Flight-Simulator-2024-07-04-18-51-22-853

Flight-Simulator-2024-07-04-18-51-51-870

Orbx MSFS Global Trees HD несовместим со сторонними модами tree для REX Accuseason или Bijan

Дмитрий, добрый день!!! Приобрел вашу программу, но почему то не работает ваши текстуры. Папка комьюнити пустая. tmJlpdpOizU.jpg?size=1609x752&quality=96&sign=47f4520f36e24028013990f650692317&type=album

23 hours ago, ARCHI95 said:

Дмитрий, добрый день!!! Приобрел вашу программу, но почему то не работает ваши текстуры. Папка комьюнити пустая.

Привет, Archi95. После установки программы через Orbx Central вам необходимо установить дополнительное приложение, в котором вы настраиваете время года и траву. На второй странице этого поста есть видео, ссылку оставляю здесь еще раз, чтобы вы могли ориентироваться самостоятельно. Начало на минуте 2:05

Удачи и будьте очень здоровы.

11 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Привет, Archi95. После установки программы через Orbx Central вам необходимо установить дополнительное приложение, в котором вы настраиваете время года и траву. На второй странице этого поста есть видео, ссылку оставляю здесь еще раз, чтобы вы могли ориентироваться самостоятельно. Начало на минуте 2:05

Удачи и будьте очень здоровы.

Проблема не в этом, возможно я неправильно выразился,  в плане что после открытия приложения, и установки текстур , папка появляется в комьюнити, но текстуры не работают, конфликта с другими приложениями у меня нет, я даже специально удалил все из комьюнити. Но что то не так, впустую потратился....

I have just installed this, not really sure what I have bought....I opted for summer north, winter south and grass 2...not really sure what all that does but I thought I'd give it a go, what's the worst that can happen...

11 hours ago, ARCHI95 said:

Проблема не в этом, возможно я неправильно выразился,  в плане что после открытия приложения, и установки текстур , папка появляется в комьюнити, но текстуры не работают, конфликта с другими приложениями у меня нет, я даже специально удалил все из комьюнити. Но что то не так, впустую потратился....

Как странно. Подождем ответа Дмитрия.

4 hours ago, ikbenik said:

???  English Please ???

Can't see any need if people are more comfortable in another language. If the content intrigues you there's always Google translate. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, ikbenik said:

???  English Please ???

Hello,

he said:

The problem is not this, perhaps I expressed myself incorrectly, in the sense that after opening the application, and installing the textures, the folder appears in the community, but the textures do not work, I have no conflict with other applications, I even deliberately deleted everything from the community. But something is wrong, I wasted ....

Do you have any advice for him?

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:45 AM, ARCHI95 said:

On 8/21/2024 at 10:34 PM, ARCHI95 said:

Dmitrey dont answer 

I have a few questions for you.

1. Did you get a "Orbx-global-trees-hd" folder in your "Community" folder?

2. If so, I need to see two files "layout.json" and "10-asobo_biomes.xml" that are in "Orbx-global-trees-hd/vegetation".

Attach these two files to the message or a link to them and I will tell you exactly what the reason is.

У меня к вам несколько вопросов.

1. В папке "Community" у вас появилась пака "Orbx-global-trees-hd"?

2. Если да, то мне надо увидеть из не два файла "layout.json" и "10-asobo_biomes.xml" он находится в "Orbx-global-trees-hd/vegetation".

Прикрепите эти два файла к сообщению или ссылку на них и я точно скажу в чем причина.

15 hours ago, Dmytro Krykunov said:

У меня есть к вам несколько вопросов.

1. У вас есть папка "Orbx-global-trees-hd" в папке "Сообщество"?

2. Если это так, мне нужно увидеть два файла "layout.json" и "10-asobo_biomes.xml", которые находятся в "Orbx-global-trees-hd / vegetation".

Приложите эти два файла к сообщению или ссылку на них, и я точно расскажу вам, в чем причина.

У меня к вам несколько вопросов.

1. В папке "Community" у вас появилась пака "Orbx-global-trees-hd"?

2. Если да, то мне надо увидеть из не два файла "layout.json" и "10-asobo_biomes.xml" он находится в "Orbx-global-trees-hd/vegetation".

Прикрепите эти два файла к сообщению или ссылку на них и я точно скажу в чем причина.

layout.json 10-asobo_biomes.xml

On 8/27/2024 at 9:27 AM, ARCHI95 said:

Most likely you had a failure when installing the MSFS Global Trees HD application for the first time. Run Orbx Central and uninstall MSFS Global Trees HD, then reinstall it.

Вероятнее всего у вас произошел сбой при первой установки приложения MSFS Global Trees HD. Запустите Orbx Central и удалите MSFS Global Trees HD после чего сделайте повторную  установку. Сообщите о результатах.

On 30.08.2024 at 15:56, Dmytro Krykunov said:

Скорее всего, при первой установке приложения MSFS Global Trees HD произошел сбой. Запустите Orbx Central и удалите MSFS Global Trees HD, затем переустановите его.

Вероятнее всего у вас произошел сбой при первой установки приложения MSFS Global Trees HD. Запустите Orbx Central и удалите MSFS Global Trees HD после чего сделайте повторную установку. Сообщите о результатах.

ChFMrBVw36o.jpg?size=1631x849&quality=96&sign=6204c2108702818f9f9cee47ec640d51&type=albumя так понимаю заработало) после переустановки

On 30.08.2024 at 15:56, Dmytro Krykunov said:

Скорее всего, при первой установке приложения MSFS Global Trees HD произошел сбой. Запустите Orbx Central и удалите MSFS Global Trees HD, затем переустановите его.

Вероятнее всего у вас произошел сбой при первой установки приложения MSFS Global Trees HD. Запустите Orbx Central и удалите MSFS Global Trees HD после чего сделайте повторную установку. Сообщите о результатах.

How about a mask for the ground, so that not only the grass changes color with the season, but also the lawns themselves are at a height (they are also green in winter)? And so that the seasons change smoothly, like early autumn, late. Otherwise, it turns out that the seasons need to be changed when it is already deep autumn everywhere.