Sorry Jack.......

paulb

13 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

Great performance...now turn around and try to land and come to a stop before.....:o

Thank you my friend :). Do they have an arrestor cable system there? (I have a tail hook :D).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Now we have it in Summer, and then Lukla looks more familiar.

I wonder when one of you will start a 747 from there :D...

I would have to allow Jack the first attempt with a 747 Gerold ;).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Yep, I too am waiting for the landing attempt Paul :D Who can land a fast mover at Lukla first, Paul or Jack? Excited simmers want to know! Cool images ;) 

Well it was Jack's idea, so I should let him go first :). But, I think that landing might be much harder than take-off. I guess it will be important to use a minimum landing speed without stalling ;).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fantastic Paul!  Ok, I might try a landing with "a" plane, and will take off in the 747.  B)

Thanks Jack :). Well I am going to play with it again tonight to see what happens :lol:.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Paul, and so colorful

Yes, they have, Paul. It's called stone wall and it's at the end of the runway :D

Thank you Bernd :). I had been told that they had a crash barricade there (similar to an aircraft carrier). Was I misled? :unsure::o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Well it was Jack's idea, so I should let him go first :). But, I think that landing might be much harder than take-off. I guess it will be important to use a minimum landing speed without stalling ;).

I reckon I’d have to actually stall onto the runway.  Stall speed would be a mile out basically.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I reckon I’d have to actually stall onto the runway.  Stall speed would be a mile out basically.

Thanks Jack. I will try a landing later today. Have to do some real life work this morning :).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Paul, I tried a 747 but couldn't do it.  Despite crash detection off this sim has "hard points" so the 747 couldn't go down the runway without the plane hitting a building and spinning it around.

I learn something new every day Jack :). Interesting that this sim works that way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Paul, I tried a 747 but couldn't do it.  Despite crash detection off this sim has "hard points" so the 747 couldn't go down the runway without the plane hitting a building and spinning it around.

Hi Jack, Well I tried landing in a jet today. I used the T-45 Goshawk. A straight in landing proved impossible as I needed to get over the mountain and then lose 2,000 ft very quickly!  It seemed impossible to get a low enough landing speed after 'diving' 2000 ft.  

So I tried flying around the mountain to keep my altitude around 10,000'. This was a better route, but (after three attempts) I was unable to get even close to a decent 3 point landing on the runway. I do have some nice shots of me bouncing on the runway though! :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack, Well I tried landing in a jet today. I used the T-45 Goshawk. A straight in landing proved impossible as I needed to get over the mountain and then lose 2,000 ft very quickly!  It seemed impossible to get a low enough landing speed after 'diving' 2000 ft.  

So I tried flying around the mountain to keep my altitude around 10,000'. This was a better route, but (after three attempts) I was unable to get even close to a decent 3 point landing on the runway. I do have some nice shots of me bouncing on the runway though! :lol:

That’s what I thought would happen.  It astonishes me that this really exists.  I think the only thing I’d want to fly there in real life is a helicopter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That’s what I thought would happen.  It astonishes me that this really exists.  I think the only thing I’d want to fly there in real life is a helicopter.

I think that I have seen real life photos of Twin Otters flying there :).

• Like 1