How it all started, 1 shot

andiflyit

Hi all,

here you can see how it all started. How people start something and what becomes of it is sometimes amazing.

It only takes a few years, or a few more. :)

Sim is FS9 and scenery is Vista Australis, and the Wright Flyer.

9mzxb4s.jpg

Thank you very much for viewing.

Cheers

Andreas

• Like 8

17 hours ago, BradB said:

Wheels ..... we must have wheels . :rolleyes::lol:

Yes John, this was understood a bit later...:o so far they applied a bit of soap underneath the wooden parts! :)

16 hours ago, Kodiak73 said:

Wow, FS9? Hard to believe it still runs.

Keep it up Andreas!!

Yes Sir, I will. I first thought of uninstalling it but it works again now, I can fly. Did a flight yesterday from CYVR to KBLI using 

the Aeroworx B200 which is great but does not even work in FSX. Only issue with FS9 now is that I have to switch it to "windowed mode" for the menue to work.

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

The seat comfort in economy has not developed much since then in many airlines. The service is absolutely the same.

You are right Gerold, open the door and throw pax in, close the door and go flying! :lol:

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is an excellent view Andreas.

The good old FS9 days, I enjoyed the ease of repainting the planes and I spent as much time making liveries as I did flying.:P

Thank you Martyn, in those days it was fun to work on the stuff. In FS9 I even changed the fde if it didn't work :o:) and I also 

did some rudimentary panels on my own. FS9 was well appreciated by simmers and with FSX a lot of problems started.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, andiflyit said:

You are right Gerold, open the door and throw pax in, close the door and go flying! :lol:

Self-loading cargo, that’s what we are called. And that’s how it sometimes feels like…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Self-loading cargo, that’s what we are called. And that’s how it sometimes feels like…

I would be happy just to get on a plane again but I am limited these days to where I can go.:(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I would be happy just to get on a plane again but I am limited these days to where I can go.:(

I had 7 flights last month, and I am fed off. Conditions have even worsened during the pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I had 7 flights last month, and I am fed off. Conditions have even worsened during the pandemic.

Fly while you can Gerold.

As the song goes, "you ain't seen nothing yet.":ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ahhhh FS9 for all the reasons given above - the last sim made for the customer to really learn and manipulate.  I have a mate (a LAME) who has refused to progress beyond it for precisely that reason.

AND who at the time could forget the magic of VOZ and its associated community participation :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I don't see why not, it may not strictly be Orbx but without it, there would have been no Orbx at all.

It looks like it is still available too: https://www.flightsim.com/download.php?fn=voz180complete.zip

and FS9 performs extremely well on Windows 11 and today's hardware.

Thank you Nick, just posted a few more...

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2022 at 3:15 AM, TerribleT said:

Ahhhh FS9 for all the reasons given above - the last sim made for the customer to really learn and manipulate.  I have a mate (a LAME) who has refused to progress beyond it for precisely that reason.

AND who at the time could forget the magic of VOZ and its associated community participation :D

We all couldn't forget it! :) In those days it all was not so sophisticated as it is today but it was interesting and a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1