These names sound so exotic...

Stillwater

Some famous islands in the southern sea will be touched in this freight delivery tour from Pago Pago.

R4iNOhP.thumb.jpg.55884c0e6ede342eaebb583f6f0a0a53.jpg

The fire brigade is ready to help, but not required, luckily.

MmHKLK7.thumb.jpg.7dae36c839783a32031e9082d9ac6833.jpg

So we get out into the clouds.

xOd7hV9.thumb.jpg.40a1cdf4422625a7c0196d4c3edab464.jpg

AaMX2KZ.thumb.jpg.f65158f9084d3ea4a7475215054c18ee.jpg

The sky gets blue over Raiatea, ...

DYobnOv.thumb.jpg.7d85d13d4fbeaf08d285ebd10747b20c.jpg

... Moorea...

wU3IKAH.thumb.jpg.2742be579ff5617d6c6a6e1fd7209cd1.jpg

... and Tahiti, our destination.

ZgOYkyI.thumb.jpg.26592f2a731709e50765e34b2f8431fe.jpg

A straight approach, ...

IUSo62p.thumb.jpg.fe377354ff6664ca3dc8c5e97df9fa0f.jpg

... an easy landing.

zo7waev.thumb.jpg.ad76b88532ace0e27a20426f00e7194e.jpg

And the ground crew is already waiting to get off the supplies. Whatever these may be?

xWdFQKR.thumb.jpg.50d0c1be4180f8c5c6103d73dc863ac1.jpg

VXV6QDX.thumb.jpg.77c4e6b2cb1aae115a276953dbb97c86.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice flight there Gerold, I only hear do of one place before, your map shows how these place rely on air transportation both for movement and supplies, sea is an option but so much slower...

Thank you Wayne. Yes these names sound familiar, but the places are really quite remote. At least for us.

2 hours ago, boetie said:

An exotic trip Gerold. I can see where you're heading. Looking forward to it whether I'm right or wrong.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme. There is a heading indicated, indeed. But this time there is a good probability your guess will lead you to another place than mine... >:D

50 minutes ago, BradB said:

Great flight Gerold , for your next flight may I suggest a flight around the Solomen Islands ; I hear there is a strange “Red Line”

in them . :wacko::o:D

Thank you John. After having crossed the strange date line (especially strange in my VFR planner) there can´t be anything more difficult. Plus, trust me, I don´t want to land on a "solo men" island, as I always enjoy our famous red spot in the scenery... ;)

• Haha 1

So, exactly just what IS in those delivered supplies Gerold??? You never released that information ;) Conspiracy theorists might jump at that and come up with their own ideas, just sayin' :D Nice island hopping cargo flight nonetheless :)

Landon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

So, exactly just what IS in those delivered supplies Gerold??? You never released that information ;) Conspiracy theorists might jump at that and come up with their own ideas, just sayin' :D Nice island hopping cargo flight nonetheless :)

Landon

They have plenty of coconuts and fish. Haggis does not fit to the weather, so they ordered rum, rice, beer and Ibuprofen…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Lars. I missed you already!

Thank you.

The thing is that I, much like you, like sharing flight stories. When Orbx started enforcing its policy not to show third-party stuff, I became quite restricted at posting screenshot stories, since it is really rare for me to fly from one Orbx airport to another. Due to this policy (which is understandable from Orbx' point of view) posters are left to showcase screenshots (presenting exceptionally good shots like in the screenshot contest), and I am honestly not very good at this. ;) I'm not even sure if it would be allowed to post screenshots of a scenery which is in the portfolio of a company that sells products via Orbx, but not this particular one.

And that I take too much screenshots and am too lazy to sort them in time. ;)

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Great flight and shots Gerold!  :)

Thank you Adam!

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Quite a nice trip in an exotic location, Gerold. You must have been the only one up there. ;)

Danke Bernd! In fact I was not the only one, many GA planes buzzing around Tahiti (fed in by UT Live). At least I did not have to go around...

10 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

The thing is that I, much like you, like sharing flight stories. When Orbx started enforcing its policy not to show third-party stuff, I became quite restricted at posting screenshot stories, since it is really rare for me to fly from one Orbx airport to another. Due to this policy (which is understandable from Orbx' point of view) posters are left to showcase screenshots (presenting exceptionally good shots like in the screenshot contest), and I am honestly not very good at this. ;) I'm not even sure if it would be allowed to post screenshots of a scenery which is in the portfolio of a company that sells products via Orbx, but not this particular one.

I can fully understand this dilemma, Lars. And this is probably a reason why we have lost a lot of contribution in the screenshot forum. Unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

And that I take too much screenshots and am too lazy to sort them in time. ;)

:D! Yes, that is indeed quite a bit of work, best done with a glass of good stuff...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

In fact I was not the only one, many GA planes buzzing around Tahiti (fed in by UT Live). At least I did not have to go around...

Sorry Gerold, I didn't make myself clear enough. I meant more the stretches over the Pacific :) I used to fly from Asia to the US a lot. In those lucky days I was still able to visit the crew on the flightdeck and usually the captain told me that there was no other commercial airliner around us for miles on end ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Enjoyed your flight and shots Gerold.

Thank you John!

11 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Sorry Gerold, I didn't make myself clear enough. I meant more the stretches over the Pacific :) I used to fly from Asia to the US a lot. In those lucky days I was still able to visit the crew on the flightdeck and usually the captain told me that there was no other commercial airliner around us for miles on end ;)

Ah, now I got you. I only crossed that pond once, and that was a damn long leg. Combined with connection flights before and after, plus the date line I got totally puzzled. At least you were lucky to get some entertainment from & in the cockpit.