March Sale Finshed ????

Craig Hanley

As the title mentions....went to purchase some things just now and it appears the discounts have gone???? As far as I can tell, its still the 20th March? There is no mention of a particular cut off time that I can find? I checked late last night and the sale was still on. Clicked the link from my reminder email and got no sale???

Am I missing something or does anyone else show no "sale discounts"?

image.thumb.png.98e1b88d9e49c250b0a0a0ec6dc62cd8.png

image.thumb.png.097fe35bcc553a1835afcd50362b0192.png

image.thumb.png.cffed3b84654ef0c08cb9ec2975d238b.png

Edited by Craig Hanley
  • Upvote 1

Very misleading Nick...Still got 4 hours of the 20th March left here in OZ, and longer in other parts of the world. I would even go as far to say that it would breach retail fair trading rules in a lot of countries I imagine. Maybe even false advertising...

I must say I am very disappointed as the email does not specify a time that the sale ends, so one would assume it is midnight on the 20th. 

Not happy at all.

Edited by Craig Hanley
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

I recall this debate from long ago and the resulting decision to name a UTC/GMT/Zulu time when the sale would finish.

That did remove any room for ambiguity, as UTC/GMT/Zulu are worldwide, whereas the date changes at different times

across the time zones and as you point out, it is not clear whether the end is applied at the beginning or at the end of the

date in question.

I will suggest that this solution is re-applied.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, cargisur said:

when the next discount sale will be live

Orbx never announces sales...they just happen...you have to stay vigilant :) That said, I usually get an email notice when there is a sale. So, as long as you are set to receive emails from Orbx, then when a sale happens, you will know. 

Actually there is a way to still enjoy the March sale. All you need is a time machine like Dr Who's TARDIS. Once you have obtained your working time machine, simply head over to the point in the galaxy where the electromagnetic waves generated by the computers back in March have reached at the speed of light. Then log on and the discounts will still be there. 

Only one small problem, you'll need to also find a wormhole that lets your transaction burrow back in time and emerge back in March, however, unlike time machines that occasionally surface on eBay, it might be more difficult to find. 

A third and perhaps easier option is to pretend the sale finishes the day before the announced date and buy before that day is done. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, John Dow said:

Actually there is a way to still enjoy the March sale. All you need is a time machine like Dr Who's TARDIS. Once you have obtained your working time machine, simply head over to the point in the galaxy where the electromagnetic waves generated by the computers back in March have reached at the speed of light. Then log on and the discounts will still be there. 

Only one small problem, you'll need to also find a wormhole that lets your transaction burrow back in time and emerge back in March, however, unlike time machines that occasionally surface on eBay, it might be more difficult to find. 

A third and perhaps easier option is to pretend the sale finishes the day before the announced date and buy before that day is done. 

It seems like you had a boozy birthday party John. :lol:

• Haha 1