NZSI in P3D

Stillwater

Here you see us boarding in Christchurch, ready to bring tourists to the adventure capital.

Mc7w2DI.thumb.jpg.9c29550986e33d5cfa7bb330583f1d02.jpg

Quite a big city, at the pacific coast of the southern island.

aETCXkG.thumb.jpg.e7a5d3c9754b37d022ff1cb1f4e542c6.jpg

No doubt: flying the higher level planes is still a lot of fun in p3d. Everything works seamless: GSX, AI traffic, ATC, weather.

LJs0viC.thumb.jpg.b35b55320a1c66eb83c6b7d4c4470e98.jpg

Coming to the region of Wanaka a question pops up: Does the landscape look so dry because it is the end of summer? Or should it look more greenish in reality and the look is due to the sim version?

wHJFS7l.thumb.jpg.5118875eb47751408e9aad3406e37468.jpg

The Crown Range appears even drier. But: we can see Lake Wakatipu in the distance...

FDmA6gZ.thumb.jpg.6c6254d1f98bcad020f282e0371bc383.jpg

And as we descend the landscape gets some more colour again. We follow Kawarau River...

6FdxnCS.thumb.jpg.2a1b3636308265e7a0fb8f6e7ac09194.jpg

... straight into Queenstown. Ready for some days of hiking, abseiling, speedboating and bungy.

4qde1zM.thumb.jpg.017fee6ddc693410e13d12d76158adae.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Another great post. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you, Iain!

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Terrific shots Gerold! :) 

Thanks for your comment, Adam.

3 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Gerold, P3D looks very good.

My pleasure John. The reference is reality, and I cannot judge that in NZ (yet!). In addition, I do not know how MSFS shows the area.

9 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Splendid shots Gerold.:)

Where is the Airbus from?

cheers

Gumby

Thank you Gumby. That´s the Aerosoft A320 - not perfect because it has some unwanted automatisms programmed, but challenging enough.

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Fine set of shots Gerold , I’m off to cook up some spam and eggs for breakfast now ……..:):P:D

Thank you John. I suspect you have seen the other shitty post and my comment as well, which lead to your "menu" :D...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, Iain!

Thanks for your comment, Adam.

My pleasure John. The reference is reality, and I cannot judge that in NZ (yet!). In addition, I do not know how MSFS shows the area.

Thank you Gumby. That´s the Aerosoft A320 - not perfect because it has some unwanted automatisms programmed, but challenging enough.

Thank you John. I suspect you have seen the other shitty post and my comment as well, which lead to your "menu" :D...

I was sleeping so I missed it sadly . :rolleyes::(

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2022 at 12:17 AM, Bullfox said:

Very nice shots!

Thank you, mate!

7 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Nice shots. Curious your AC is the only object producing shadows at Christchurch. :)

Thanks for your comment. Interesting observation re the shadows, I did not even notice that. Now I´ll keep my eyes open for that issue...

On 3/10/2022 at 8:42 AM, wain71 said:

nice set of shots there Gerold....

Thank you Wayne!

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Gerold, great set of screenshots and what looks like a great flight as well in the 'Bus. Love that approach shot coming into the valley before landing. Great stuff!

Landon

Thanks Landon. These approaches into Queenstown can be quite tricky, due to the mountains, but this time I was prepared well...

PS: How was your skiing week?

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

PS: How was your skiing week?

Gerold, my week of skiing in Stowe Vermont was very enjoyable! Lots of good skiing and fun socializing in the evenings. Good times. 

Thanks for asking :) 

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1