An unexpected journey

Stillwater

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Across the Ditch and on to a new adventure in NZ , I look forward to your shots Gerold . :D:)

Thank you John, and feel yourself invited to follow & join!

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

Superb shots of a great flight...QW I assume?

Thanks Wayne. Yes, this is the QW. Their best product so far, and a pleasure to fly.

• Like 3

I would love to go hiking and exploring in New Zealand Gerold! Great pics and I am looking forward to more of you sim exploration of the region. Something seems amiss though with these shots....is as if something is missing...can't quite put my finger on it though...hmmm....:D

Landon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you Iain!

6 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Very nice flight, Gerold, but if you allow me to say so, NZ with the Orbx mesh looks so much more real nowadays in MSFS that it is hard to go back to P3D with its Orbx landclass sceneries

Danke Bernd. No doubt, the MSFS NZ has reached another level. On the other hand, I currently enjoy having the choice of planes in p3d, as shown here. Time will come...

11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I would love to go hiking and exploring in New Zealand Gerold! Great pics and I am looking forward to more of you sim exploration of the region. Something seems amiss though with these shots....is as if something is missing...can't quite put my finger on it though...hmmm....:D

Landon

Thank you Landon. I´d be with you on the hike...

And, just to close the gap that you might have felt: If that ain´t a straight path forward...

xr45KMg.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I would love to go hiking and exploring in New Zealand

I have always said I would love to go visit NZ and wander around the fantastic looking scenery, it just looks an amazing place to visit.....might get there one day, I think some of us have forgot how to travel after the last 2 years....

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, wain71 said:

I have always said I would love to go visit NZ and wander around the fantastic looking scenery, it just looks an amazing place to visit.....might get there one day, I think some of us have forgot how to travel after the last 2 years....

Well, I can say that I have not forgotten completely how to travel, as I have managed to travel all around my own country all during the pandemic exploring National Parks and such. But, yes, international travel has been put on hold. That said, my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Iceland for next year that will involve lots of hiking and exploring. That will be our first international trip since the pandemic. And, that is if the the world situation is stable otherwise by then....who the Hell knows at this point. :unsure: 

Landon

Edited by Sniper31
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, adambar said:

Great set of NZ captures Gerald! :)  Seems like a long time since I've been there in PD3. 

Thank you Adam. Obviously there are 2 possible reasons for your long NZ-P3D-absence: The fresh MSFS mesh, or you were busy flying elsewhere. However: I hope you have fun!

15 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots Gerald, your P3d looks great.

Thank you John. Flying airliners in p3d still works perfect!

22 hours ago, wain71 said:

You make a number of good points, Wayne: Travelling to and wandering around NZ would be great. We also might go there one day...

And forgetting how to travel - many of us come into that direction. How packing a suitcase? How passing a security control? Which documents to prepare (especially after all these changes in the past years)?

13 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, I can say that I have not forgotten completely how to travel, as I have managed to travel all around my own country all during the pandemic exploring National Parks and such. But, yes, international travel has been put on hold. That said, my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Iceland for next year that will involve lots of hiking and exploring. That will be our first international trip since the pandemic. And, that is if the the world situation is stable otherwise by then....who the Hell knows at this point. :unsure: 

Landon

You are lucky your country is big, Landon. In Europe we had / have different rules in much smaller areas, and part of the last years travel was really complicated, with dooming quarantine after crossing borders or even more restrictions: No touristic travel between states IN our country. Then came the adventure: My wife and I drove to Italy last autumn... prepared all the meanwhile-required documents, made all the bookings (take care all can be fully cancelled). Times have changed.

Not only to mention Ukraine.

23 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

That would be awesome Gerold!

Landon

That would be! And Iceland is a place in the middle for us...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You are lucky your country is big, Landon. In Europe we had / have different rules in much smaller areas, and part of the last years travel was really complicated, with dooming quarantine after crossing borders or even more restrictions: No touristic travel between states IN our country. Then came the adventure: My wife and I drove to Italy last autumn... prepared all the meanwhile-required documents, made all the bookings (take care all can be fully cancelled). Times have changed.

Not only to mention Ukraine.

Gerold, if you and the Missus could manage a way over here to Colorado, you are more then welcome to stay at my place and then I would love to take you both out exploring. There is much to see, especially in Colorado and the surrounding states like Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Utah and New Mexico. I know that might not be an actual possibility, but the offer is real and you would both be welcome. Tons and tons of great hiking in all of those states I just listed ;) 

Landon

• Like 2