Sydney

jaydor

At last after a long wait, it's over.  Australia is here and all I can say is "Wow. :yahoo:

I will admit that I am using Orbx cities with world7 as I have found them to be better than the photogramy from Asobo (although very good)

So join me on my stop over in Sydney.

An overflight caught this different view:

XydwKLt.jpg

I booked myself into a cheaper hotel in the city centre The Orbx Plaza and this is my view from the room:

Fw1B3NE.jpg

After I settled in, it was time to get out and about, so camera and drone at the ready, off we go.

I used the drone from the park just outside St Mary's Cathedral for this shot:

gGxT3MY.jpg

After a meal at the top of the Sky Tower, I ventured out onto the viewing cage for this shot:

6CHC7zw.jpg

After a walk over to the bridge, I was a glutton for punishment and took the climb. :fool:

3vkMTcD.jpg

Oh oh, that was fun, so off to Luna Park for some more:

CECZLI0.jpg

What a great day in Sydney, but evening was approaching fast:

BRaJKqf.jpg

Then it was time to say goodnight Sydney:

jdNHp9L.jpg

As a UK simmer, Australia 2020 ud7 has change the sim for me, as I have been flying Oz for months.  Now it's a new discovery again.  :hat::pilotic:

Now Orbx, I am ready for all your new Oz stuff.

• Like 8

Jaydor, I am with you as regards the Orbx preference vs. the Asobo photogrammetry....the Orbx cityscape with PG turned off just looks so much crisper, colorful and more clear :) This was a great showcase from cool angles of the scenery! Nicely done.

Landon

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Oh right that's interesting..

Wayne, I am sorry I misunderstood the term PG.  I thought you meant Points of Interest.  I take it PG stands for Photogrammetry, then No PG is still on.

I assume Orbx cityscape supresses the original PG buildings to show the Cityscape and allows others non Cityscape to show also.   If you look close at the shot from the sky tower you can also see PG buildings there.

Edited by jaydor
  • Thanks 1

I have a doubt: The Sky Tower is a double superinposed modelling in your shots. If you're using the Sydney Cityscape from Orbx together with the WU7 then you can see that Orbx will in the near future patching their Sydney City Add to align the tower and possible more buildings and/or objects all around. And I suppose in same way for Brisbane and  Adelaide will be updated. Otherwise a nice collection of interesting viewpoints made via these screenshots.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ikbenik said:

I have a doubt: The Sky Tower is a double superinposed modelling in your shots. If you're using the Sydney Cityscape from Orbx together with the WU7 then you can see that Orbx will in the near future patching their Sydney City Add to align the tower and possible more buildings and/or objects all around. And I suppose in same way for Brisbane and  Adelaide will be updated. Otherwise a nice collection of interesting viewpoints made via these screenshots.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I notice that with the ANZAK bridge also.

unmuv2F.png

Edited by jaydor

5 minutes ago, jaydor said:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I notice that with the ANZAK bridge also.

unmuv2F.png

I have noticed there are a few eagle eyed forum members who notice the details I don't. They have far too much time on their hands ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1