Direct Flights with Stops

EasternT3

I stumbled across this wiki page the other day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_flights#Direct_flights_with_stops

It has given my some food for thought of routes to do when the relevant planes release for 2020. Does anyone know of any website or just any other direct with stops flights like this. Like ANZ1 AKL-LAX-LHR or BAW1 LCY-SNN-JFK and I think ACA operates YYZ-SYD via YVR?

Thanks

• Like 1

That takes me back I did the first half of that Air New Zealand flight many years ago ANZ1 LHR-LAX-LHR, used a load of Air Miles and upgraded to Business Class both ways. It was a great flight, upper deck of B747-400.

Sadly Air New Zealand now longer fly the route and the B747-400 have gone.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, paulk said:

That takes me back I did the first half of that Air New Zealand flight many years ago ANZ1 LHR-LAX-LHR, used a load of Air Miles and upgraded to Business Class both ways. It was a great flight, upper deck of B747-400.

Sadly Air New Zealand now longer fly the route and the B747-400 have gone.

I think I may recreate the route with the 747 oppose to the 777-300ER.

I wonder how long till we can have a direct flight between LHR and AKL and if it'll be successful, same with Qantas's own project sunrise 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulk said:

Alaskan Airlines used to do a milk run from Anchorage to Seattle stopping at Cordova, Yakutat, Juneau, Sitka, Petersburg, Wrangell and Ketchikan. Never flown it but would of loved to of done it in real life.

https://simpleflying.com/alaska-milk-run/

https://airlinegeeks.com/2021/11/05/trip-report-alaska-airline-s-milk-run-flight-65/

EasternT3 please see links above.

Edited by paulk
  • Like 1

My first intercontinental flight was Lauda Air OS5 Vienna-Kuala Lumpur-Melbourne. The first time I did this we were allowed to leave all our baggage on board during the 2h night stopover in KUL, later we had to grab all the stuff and carry it. Equipment was OE-LPB, a 777-200, and this plane is still active.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 12:54 PM, paulk said:

Alaskan Airlines used to do a milk run from Anchorage to Seattle stopping at Cordova, Yakutat, Juneau, Sitka, Petersburg, Wrangell and Ketchikan. Never flown it but would of loved to of done it in real life.

Many years ago I was visiting my sister up in Anchorage and I did the milk run back to SEA . A song by the 80’s band Supertramp summed up the trip : Take the long way home ………

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Air New Zealand operated the "Coral Route" for over 50 years.

The initial route was Auckland - Nadi - Rarotonga - Papeete vv.

It was then reduced to Auckland - Nadi - Rarotonga vv. and finally closed in 2007.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/266802/air-new-zealand-ends-the-coral-route/

Air Tahiti Nui's famous TN 7/8 flights, operating Papeete - Los Angeles - Paris vv., will commence operations again, tomorrow, Nov 17.

• Like 3

Fascinating read!   At first I thought it was an oxymoron but learned at by the end of the thread and following links.   Very interesting stuff for sure. 

I just came back from a flight PHNL to KSMF but it was direct with NO stops!  Coming in at night just north of San Francisco was amazing.

• Like 1

I dont know whether this qualifies or not  - to the subject but my favourite flight with stopsI did 3 times a year -

over a week

Qantas 707 to Auckland - NZ to San Diego - visit McDonnell Douglas - United to L.A. - visit my Pasadena factory =

T.W.A. 707 to Seattle - visit Boeing Factory - Pan AM - 747 200 - via Greenland Circle  to Heathrow

This last I loved  - and did some 5 times - because Pan Am first class used the top lounge as a dining room full 

silver service on table cloths:D 

I also did boring monthly trips to the UK via the usual Singapore  - KL -  Bangkok -  Bahrein - etc

visiting  factories

• Like 1