Updated London landmarks

Hi

Thank you for the latest update

I'd like to provide some feedback

There is a huge red light floating heading Canary Wharf (right behind my plane) and some white ones over the Arena

Not sure if this is Orbx doing or MS, just wanted to pointed it out

kYrps4G.jpg

T8mzYzQ.jpg

It gets a bit tough flying it (frames) even though I kept the lower settings I used for Paris. It is more notorious in London City airport

Not sure if recent instability of the sim could be a reason... I'll test later today as it is already 2 am here

The weirdest thing I noticed was a sort of flash, black flashes that happened in different areas but again not sure if it is due to MS or the product, I'll test again later just wanted to report those things

A nice thing is that now you can fly through the London Bridge B)

tDRiFo3.jpg

Apart from that all looks great, I took 55 shots already :rolleyes: and I'll be waiting for part two

emr2Yw9.jpg

Thank you!

Carlos

Hi Ken

In my case, I removed the landmarks before installing UK update

And installed yesterday the Landmarks update

But your question is interesting as it would be good to know if the uninstall is mandatory. In most of freeware products they recommend the uninstall first.

Let's wait and see if we get an official reply

Cheers

Carlos

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

There is now a control panel, have you set that yet?

Yes, it's the "Configure" button in between the "Store" and "Verify Files" buttons for those who haven't found it. Just installed and looks great.

Hello ,

Just out of curiosity !

I just Reinstalled Orbx London City pack , and i realized that the London eye , Rotates !!  Before the update it wasn't !

Beside this pleasant surprise, is there is anything else that i am missing ?

Thank you 

Mike  

4 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Ken

In my case, I removed the landmarks before installing UK update

And installed yesterday the Landmarks update

But your question is interesting as it would be good to know if the uninstall is mandatory. In most of freeware products they recommend the uninstall first.

Let's wait and see if we get an official reply

Cheers

Carlos

No uninstall is required, just perform a normal update and the changed files are overwritten. 

Just tested the updated landmarks pack and I think they've done a very good job blending the default scenery with the custom stuff. There are still some photogrammetry skyscrapers that stick out, but on the whole it's pretty seamless between Orbx and the Asobo stuff.

I'd say one of the biggest problems are photogrammetry cranes, of which there are plenty in London, they translate really clumsily into the scenery. I don't know how hard it would be to delete these and replace with a 3D model, but it would make a big difference. 

Overall, a great addon to the sim that makes a significant improvement to default. Once all the prominent buildings are clear and sharp, the background sprawl is much less offensive, it then works really well to fill the gaps and suggest a living city.

I love the update, overall seems to all work very well together. Fly at 1500-2000ft and London looks good.

There are still water issues at LCY airport but I think a LCY Update is planned which will fix these, don’t know if anyone can confirm that, sure I read it somewhere. 

6 hours ago, AndyM01 said:

Yes, it's the "Configure" button in between the "Store" and "Verify Files" buttons for those who haven't found it. Just installed and looks great.

Thanks for that.  I missed that.  Non user-friendly way of doing it and no mention of that particular button in the update announcement.  Ah well, live and learn.  Cheers.

4 hours ago, mikee said:

Hello ,

Just out of curiosity !

I just Reinstalled Orbx London City pack , and i realized that the London eye , Rotates !!  Before the update it wasn't !

Beside this pleasant surprise, is there is anything else that i am missing ?

Thank you 

Mike  

Hi Mikee

They stated that there is a second update coming with more landmarks :wub:

Happy weekend

London looks amazing and I'm looking forward to even more new structures in the next update. Thanks Orbx!

"A nice thing is that now you can fly through the London Bridge"

That's Tower Bridge. ;) London Bridge is the next one down (past the HMS Belfast).

And I've been flying through it since day one with crash detection off.

" just Reinstalled Orbx London City pack , and i realized that the London eye , Rotates !!  Before the update it wasn't !"

As an FYI, that's from the Asobo UK update. Everyone gets that beauty. :)

8 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Thanks for that.  I missed that.  Non user-friendly way of doing it and no mention of that particular button in the update announcement.  Ah well, live and learn.  Cheers.

We have added a Control Panel option for customers who have chosen not to install the World Update UK. 

User guide:

3.jpg

On 2/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, TimInIreland said:

I just installed the new update but it still looks the same. Flat scenery where photogrammetry is supposed to be, flickering textures, and still got two London Eyes.. Should I perhaps delete my rolling cache file? To force the photogrammetry to download again ?

I had flat scenery and flickering textures, make sure you dont have the Thames water fix in your community folder.

On 2/26/2021 at 11:31 AM, TimInIreland said:

I just installed the new update but it still looks the same. Flat scenery where photogrammetry is supposed to be, flickering textures, and still got two London Eyes.. Should I perhaps delete my rolling cache file? To force the photogrammetry to download again ?

Im having same issue ! Have you resolved it yet? if so how?

Thank you

DD

3 hours ago, Jagman44 said:

Thanks for your help........I am new to Orbx Central.....not used to it yet !

Regards

David

Welcome to the forum

No problem, feel free to ask in case of any doubt, there will be always someone trying to assist

Cheers

Carlos

Hi

I would like to report another thing I just saw while flying near Canary Wharf

Is like a black leaf left of the building. Not sure if it is Orbx or MS but it would be good to check

xsjElbz.jpg

I zoomed in to check with the drone, looks like batman but it isn't :lol: the "figure" tends to split, show cracks. After going back to normal camera I had that black flash again. It happens from time to time

kCkHdsz.jpg

Also this building (not sure if Orbx or MS) seemed to me shorter now and the reflection is a bit weird as it seems to show shadows of a close building but there is none...

You can see how it changes if you go up or down

TTAYojN.jpg

u1mZNma.jpg

And to end still heavy frames that doesn't happen in any other city package.

Thanks

Carlos

Archived