Kelowna to Edmonton part 5

Jack Sawyer

8 minutes ago, Roger Dodger said:

Another enjoyable series Jack.

You’ve been north a while now so no doubt you are now familiar with Timmies for some Timbits and a double-double, eh. :lol:

Thanks Roger, but what are Timmies and Timbits and a double-double? :wacko:

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Roger, but what are Timmies and Timbits and a double-double? :wacko:

I didn’t mean to catch you out Jack :)

Timmies is the familiar Canadian term for Tim Hortons, a Canada wide quick service coffee and doughnut franchise, there’s over 4800 of them. It was founded by Canadian hockey player Tim Horton in 1964. Timbits are small round dough balls about an inch across traditionally taken from the center of the doughnut. A double-double is a coffee, two creams, two sugars.

If ever you cross the border any local you ask will have no problem directing you to the nearest Tim Hortons. I sometimes think it’s the first place Canadian parents take a new-born  :lol:

1 hour ago, Roger Dodger said:

I didn’t mean to catch you out Jack :)

Timmies is the familiar Canadian term for Tim Hortons, a Canada wide quick service coffee and doughnut franchise, there’s over 4800 of them. It was founded by Canadian hockey player Tim Horton in 1964. Timbits are small round dough balls about an inch across traditionally taken from the center of the doughnut. A double-double is a coffee, two creams, two sugars.

If ever you cross the border any local you ask will have no problem directing you to the nearest Tim Hortons. I sometimes think it’s the first place Canadian parents take a new-born  :lol:

Well Roger, thanks, I never knew all this.  I love donut holes and used to love coffee like that.  Very nice.

Just now, Wakashi said:

Grand shots Jack, I won't compliment on the short stack of pancakes (oops, just did)! :rolleyes:  Gonna have to go back and check out the first four posts to get the full story! :)

Thanks Roger, it does look like that doesn't it?  Modern design I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jean marc said:

Great last step Jack ... And hopping you are well ... I guess on holidays ...O0

30 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. I think that airport was designed by IHOP.:P:D

Thanks Fellas.  I won’t be coming here very often anymore.  I’ve moved on to other things.

On 8/30/2020 at 6:12 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Fellas.  I won’t be coming here very often anymore.  I’ve moved on to other things.

Jack, I hope I am subject to a misunderstanding? Do you, like our friend from Mooropna, plan to take some vacation from this forum? It would be a huge loss. I NEED your and Martyns humour, ideally everyday!

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Jack, I hope I am subject to a misunderstanding? Do you, like our friend from Mooropna, plan to take some vacation from this forum? It would be a huge loss. I NEED your and Martyns humour, ideally everyday!

Very kind words Gerold.  I may come back daily as in the past, but please understand, I have some very serious real-life issues I'm trying to deal with.  It has stifled my desire to make flights, make comics, write, and a lot more so it's difficult to find humor in things right now.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very kind words Gerold.  I may come back daily as in the past, but please understand, I have some very serious real-life issues I'm trying to deal with.  It has stifled my desire to make flights, make comics, write, and a lot more so it's difficult to find humor in things right now.

Jack, whatever is going on you take care and stay safe sir....hope it gets sorted.....I certainly know that feeling so don't feel you are alone....

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Take care my friend. And never forget you need to add some pleasure even in difficult times. You have added so much pleasure to our lives in this forum - let me know if I can support you!

6 hours ago, wain71 said:

Jack, whatever is going on you take care and stay safe sir....hope it gets sorted.....I certainly know that feeling so don't feel you are alone....

Thanks Wain.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Take care my friend. And never forget you need to add some pleasure even in difficult times. You have added so much pleasure to our lives in this forum - let me know if I can support you!

Thanks Gerold.

Archived