PAVD Alaska part 4

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Roger Dodger said:

I’m enjoying your series Jack. You seem to be getting along really well with v5 now.

Thanks Roger.  I don't have a lot of time or even inclination to make sim flights right now so the jury is still out on how stable it is.  When Iain quits it because of VRAM memory issues alarm bells go off for me because I get the same in V5 too.  I have serious doubts LM will ever fix it.

Thanks Jack, a great suggestion. It was a bit challenging with real world weather today, since clouds were sometimes over Thompson Pass and I had to return the first time. But on the second run I could fly there VFR and land. First time I overshot since I was way to fast :rollmyeyes:. I was there with the Aero Commander 500.

I have the Valdez scenery quite some time but never before discovered the mountain beauty of this area.

Dan

57 minutes ago, Blaunarwal said:

Thanks Jack, a great suggestion. It was a bit challenging with real world weather today, since clouds were sometimes over Thompson Pass and I had to return the first time. But on the second run I could fly there VFR and land. First time I overshot since I was way to fast :rollmyeyes:. I was there with the Aero Commander 500.

I have the Valdez scenery quite some time but never before discovered the mountain beauty of this area.

Dan

Thanks Dan!  Glad you recreated that flight, it’s a tiny dirt strip isn’t it?

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Dan!  Glad you recreated that flight, it’s a tiny dirt strip isn’t it?

Very bumpy and a pleasure to taxi :D. It´s a great training place for takeoffs and landings. Like these kind of airfields. I recently created 05UT. It´s in the community scenery section.

2 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

Hi Jack,

For all 4 parts in and around PAVD: a fine collection of splendid screenshots and an entertaining exploration of this great Alaskan Scenery, very well put together.

Thank you sir, very kind of you to say.

Archived