Beautiful Muscat of the Gulf of Oman (with open LC Africa !) ... with a new repaint for A2A P40

jean marc

Muscat is a small town located on the northern coast of Oman, between desert, mountains and turquoise sea ...

It was a small fisher village 70 years ago Wilfred Thesinger provides beautiful shots and decription in its books as well as Henri de Monfreid books...It was before the petrol age...At present the place is still magic to visit ...

Here are a few shots with a A2A P-40 repainted to fly over this place and around, with pictures on the fuselage got from old stamps ...  (This repaint will put on avsim next coming days...)

sU3omiY.jpg

Q6lZmKi.jpg

HtNdkY8.jpg

fGCjS3o.jpg

wXF7G3o.jpg

GtD6d5r.jpg

S5HGIJB.jpg

7yCgcB7.jpg

qushIXS.jpg

qhAV3uU.jpg

S5HGIJB.jpg

Also one from Somalia Coast ... with a MV Corsair repaint with drawing of Corto Maltese.. (also nextly available on avsim...some details to check before to upload it...)

DJDiIiq.jpg

and finally 2 shots from Sanaa in Yemen ...

L7Q6orK.jpg

msa7ug7.jpg

... and 1 from Bissau  - Bijagos Archipel, great too to visit :)

gAfVJAc.jpg

Plenty of beautful places to visit...not too high not too speedy :rolleyes:

Happy Flights in Africa  O0

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Fantastic shots you have there! Somalia reminds me of this one:

Wow . my kind of sterile cockpit ; I mean AC-DC in the background and the Captain flying like Jack Sawyer . :rolleyes::o:lol:

John

12 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Fantastic shots you have there! Somalia reminds me of this one:

thank you very much Lars :) 

great video indeed : that's another world where adventure could arrive everytime  :lol: I love the flegmatism of the pilot during its turn at maybe 100 ft over the sea B)

10 hours ago, BradB said:

Fantastic shots Jean Marc !! .

Glad you liked John, thank you 

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent shots Jean Marc, I really loved #10!

Many thanks Jack ...

#10 ... yes great but with a tragic end in the sea due to the deep stall ... but it doesn't mind it is the sim world  :lol: easy to repair and up again B)

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding shots Jean Marc. :)

Thank you Adam : yes the pilot is great ... and the plane gorgeous :lol: 

PS : I forgot to precise that the original skin is the "Primer USAAC" by Tom Weiss from SOH that I repainted for Oman flights thanks to FSRepaint and Gimp and (many !) beautiful stamps I collected on the web.

FS Repaint is very cheap (about 20$) and great for easy repainting nice to remove previous registration code and flags (as alpha channels is not easily removed with Gimp - or I do not know how to do it) ... and I use Gimp (freeware) to insert new pictures on the plane ... and nextly some colors (need to learn how to do it)

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Nice shots.

cheers

Iain

thank you Iain. I hope open LC Africa is a sale succes : it deserve it - so really well done and great to be able to fly at present in Africa and Arabian Peninsula

16 hours ago, Dario said:

This plane fits perfectly with this scenery! Well done!!

Glad you like it Dario :) a really lovely one : great primer color O0 Thanks 

I have uploaded 5 plane repaints yesterday night : AH P47, P51, P40, spitfire A2A,...to fly in Africa B) on AVSIM 

Archived