v5 - Congo II

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very curious shot indeed, is this a bug or a feature?

i think/guess its EA at work Jack with the sun low on the horizon coming into a cloud that is thicker at the bottom than the top & is thereby reflecting light differently from top to bottom.

TTM

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

i think/guess its EA at work Jack with the sun low on the horizon coming into a cloud that is thicker at the bottom than the top & is thereby reflecting light differently from top to bottom.

TTM

Thanks, I'm hoping to install V5 today but still waiting on so many things to be ready.

41 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks, I'm hoping to install V5 today but still waiting on so many things to be ready.

If you do I think you put in a full install of v5 HF1. 

I think from what I have read that some add ons have to be updated from v5 to v5 HF1.

TTM

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

If you do I think you put in a full install of v5 HF1. 

I think from what I have read that some add ons have to be updated from v5 to v5 HF1.

TTM

Right, I was minutes away from installing pre-HF1 then I had to re-download all of it. And what a headache now tracking down more updates.  I spend or waste more time doing this in both sims.  Makes me really want to just dump it all and do something else in life.  I wish everyone out there would follow Orbx’s installer model. 

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Right, I was minutes away from installing pre-HF1 then I had to re-download all of it. And what a headache now tracking down more updates.  I spend or waste more time doing this in both sims.  Makes me really want to just dump it all and do something else in life.  I wish everyone out there would follow Orbx’s installer model. 

I was going to say v5/v5 HF1 may frustrate you. It seems to take some tuning, particularly if you swap between using EA & not.

Have you kept v4.5??

TTM

nice shot but weird cloud........I have just set it up, added Orbx and away I have gone......I am quite happy at the moment, very smooth in either standard or EA.....however sometimes in EA the clouds can be a bit orangey in the evening.....I am liking how you can go from one view to another and it takes a while to adjust, much like your eyes, I saw this a while back in v4 with REX EF......still keeping v4.5 for my tubes though....

19 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I was going to say v5/v5 HF1 may frustrate you. It seems to take some tuning, particularly if you swap between using EA & not.

Have you kept v4.5??

TTM

Yes, not going to dump 4.5 for any reason. My add-ons are worth way more than the sim.  I have very detailed install logs and screen caps so I’m matching settings as much as possible to 4.5, the new FSUIPC will help too.  Just installed it and am flying a Carenado default plane over KATL and it is smooth.  Not installed Orbx yet.  But gotta go out for a hike, it’s a special and depressing day for me, cannot say here why.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, not going to dump 4.5 for any reason. My add-ons are worth way more than the sim.  I have very detailed install logs and screen caps so I’m matching settings as much as possible to 4.5, the new FSUIPC will help too.  Just installed it and am flying a Carenado default plane over KATL and it is smooth.  Not installed Orbx yet.  But gotta go out for a hike, it’s a special and depressing day for me, cannot say here why.

couldn't believe the change in the scenery when I first installed. so used to Orbx.....take care Jack.....

38 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You're on v5 HF1??

Well done.

I think you went for a hike about this time last year, so all the best & hang in there.

TTM

53 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, not going to dump 4.5 for any reason. My add-ons are worth way more than the sim.  

Same with me jack, and I will wait for some weeks before changing.

I have very detailed install logs and screen caps so I’m matching settings as much as possible to 4.5.  

That sounds like a very clever move.

Not installed Orbx yet. 

How could you? I would be afraid to see a sim not on Orbx level!

But gotta go out for a hike, it’s a special and depressing day for me, cannot say here why.

All the best for you, Jack, keep safe and stay health. I have done the hike alread today, before flying...

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

You're on v5 HF1??

Well done.

I think you went for a hike about this time last year, so all the best & hang in there.

TTM

Thanks TTM, yes, I hike every day, did 7 miles yesterday.

Sad for me today though.

Yes, HF1, brand new install.  Before I left I was set up to add in all my Orbx stuff, any advice about Orbx?

38 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks TTM, yes, I hike every day, did 7 miles yesterday.

Sad for me today though.

Yes, HF1, brand new install.  Before I left I was set up to add in all my Orbx stuff, any advice about Orbx?

Orbx- Yes, follow Nicks notes, there are some 'must do's with Base & OLC. 

TMM

2 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Orbx- Yes, follow Nicks notes, there are some 'must do's with Base & OLC. 

TMM

Can you post a link TTM, I’d appreciate it.  I’m hoping to see the “air show” as I hike but fear I’m too far west.

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Can you post a link TTM, I’d appreciate it.  I’m hoping to see the “air show” as I hike but fear I’m too far west.

Here you go. Note the Orbx procedures after v5 HF1 is installed. TTM

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Here you go. Note the Orbx procedures after v5 HF1 is installed. TTM

Hi TTM, this doesn't seem to apply to my situation because I'm doing a post HF1 bran new installation.  I never installed V5 before.  Remember, I was moments away from installing V5 Pre-HF then downloaded all the files for the new V5, HF1.  Make sense? I dunno.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

if you are making a fresh installation, then all you need to do after downloading the file from  your P3D account

and extracting it is to run Setup_Prepar3D.exe.

Thanks Nick.  I did that this morning, went for a hike, and now I'm back.

I have Central open, and it sees V5.  Anything I should or shouldn't do in Central?  Just start installing?  I hope I don't have to download all those files, I mean I have everything Orbx makes plus ChasePlane.

Will it pull the files from my Library or should I maybe sync the sim first ?

Thanks for your help, I very much appreciate it Nick.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

And a waste of money too, many developers like DD is charging for the update to P3D v5, sick.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

What is DD?  Not familiar with it.

Hi my friend Drzewiecki Design is a developer 

http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/products.htm

Simmarket:

DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - POLISH AIRPORTS VOL1 V3 FSX P3D at simMarket, you are entitled to the special upgrade price of EUR 17.10 only.

Funny how the sentence ends, regular price is 28.46 Eur just to have it again in v5

Not acceptable.

Just now, carlosqr said:

Hi my friend Drzewiecki Design is a developer 

http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/products.htm

Simmarket:

DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - POLISH AIRPORTS VOL1 V3 FSX P3D at simMarket, you are entitled to the special upgrade price of EUR 17.10 only.

Funny how the sentence ends, regular price is 28.46 Eur just to have it again in v5

Not acceptable.

Oh, ok, thanks Carlos, I don't use any of their products.

Archived