Paypal returned... And v5

Pukcip

Hi. I expect Nick will jump in here . It’s something you have opt into to get the latest versions of P3D, like in Xplane you can update it to the latest version or wait until it’s all checked out and there no bugs or whatever in it. I’m sorry I am not very good at explaining things. But hey I know what mean. :lol:. Derek 

1 minute ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi. I expect Nick will jump in here . It’s something you have opt into to get the latest versions of P3D, like in Xplane you can update it to the latest version or wait until it’s all checked out and there no bugs or whatever in it. I’m sorry I am not very good at explaining things. But hey I know what mean. :lol:. Derek 

Ok I have it already and I understood it to be another name for Beta version but I was really asking whether that meant you could use your V4 Prepar3d sceneries with the new version 5. So many changes at the moment in our flight simulation world its hard to keep up, XP 11.50B3 , P3D v5, Aerofly FS2 teasing a major upgrade and of course the French based Microsoft Flight Sim FS2020 that has the potential for another round of shake ups if that is, assuming Microsoft has learned its lesson from 2012's dead-on-arrival Microsoft Flight but with FS2020 reportedly being produced for Xbox as well as PC, perhaps this is a similar throw of the arcade dice. Should be interesting when we finally get P3D V 5 in the morning. Did Microsoft sell the code to ESP to LM? 

I think we just need to wait for the Orbx announcement.  I think the update note simply says that Orbx Central is now V5 aware and not that all the Orbx products are V5 ready.  We’ll see what they say and I’m sure it will only be a few more hours.  

Allow me to refer to to the excellent reply just above your post.

1 hour ago, gpickup said:

I think we just need to wait for the Orbx announcement.  I think the update note simply says that Orbx Central is now V5 aware and not that all the Orbx products are V5 ready.  We’ll see what they say and I’m sure it will only be a few more hours.  

18 hours ago, pmb said:

Wait... April Fool's day was when?

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael, these are technical forums and  in my opinion not a place to lurk and make small chat. May I suggest you send a personal message rather than clog up the forums with this type of comment. Thankyou

Hi @Bellah1w,

Welcome to the Orbx Community and Support Forums :)

You are currently in the "general discussion" subforum, which is solely intended for lurking and making small chat ;) see the description "Please use this forum to discuss any topic related to Orbx's products or plans, field general questions to the Orbx team, and also to discuss flight simulation, aviation and flying in general".

We do have areas of the forum that are more focused on technical discussions, support, etc.

41 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi @Bellah1w,

Welcome to the Orbx Community and Support Forums :)

You are currently in the "general discussion" subforum, which is solely intended for lurking and making small chat ;) see the description "Please use this forum to discuss any topic related to Orbx's products or plans, field general questions to the Orbx team, and also to discuss flight simulation, aviation and flying in general".

We do have areas of the forum that are more focused on technical discussions, support, etc.

I joined this commercial forum to get away from the lurkers but they pervade the internet with comments that are irrelevant to the actual discussion. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, Bellah1w said:

I joined this commercial forum to get away from the lurkers but they pervade the internet with comments that are irrelevant to the actual discussion.

That's true, this is a commercial forum. However, the title of this forum is "Orbx Community and Support Forum". The name alone implies a more conversational and informal tone.

Like I said before, the "general discussion" subforum you are currently in is intended for non-technical posts of almost any nature. If you don't want to see irrelevant comments, please stop reading now.

Michael's post is fine. I encourage him to post more lighthearted comments.

End of discussion.

Just now, I8Orbx said:

If you buy V4 scenery does it automatically install or do you have to muck around with that business of downloading as V5 are moving files to a new folder?

Give me an hour and I will have it installed and I shall  tell you:)

3 hours ago, Bellah1w said:

Give me an hour and I will have it installed and I shall  tell you:)

I set up a new My library on a new M2 memory using Orbx Central and then downloaded just the library using Orbx Central to make sure it all worked and ran p3d v5. I then followed the Official Orbx instructions and I have started copying the compatible products into the new directory no problem. I could have re-downloaded but I guess Orbx doesn't want 1000's of  users all downloading their library again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived