Australia V2 Service Pack Status? - now released

BrettT

Several months ago there were discussions about a Service Pack (SP) for AUS V2 to include things like extended night lighting (like other regions)...i.e not being clipped by the autogen radius particularly on major roadways.  Just looking to see where this is in the pipeline.

Thanks,

Brett

Thank you! My Australia 2 display issues were finally fixed by last month's Nvidia drivers (or some random event), and I'm finally flying around there again. Can't wait for this update, and hopefully a Buildings HD update (airport terminals) won't be far behind.

Hi there,

Does the SP1 include the extended night lighting? It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the release announcement.

Sorry, indeed I forgot to mentioning that. Yes, the service pack includes the long-distance night lighting for urban roads throughout the country.

Cheers, Holger

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Australia V2 Service Pack Status? - now released
6 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The traffic should still work the exact same as before.

I'm not sure how that would be possible. Those 70 airports didn't exist when Graham did his last AI Traffic update. I haven't seen anything but a couple of static aircraft at the new ones.

I landed at Mallacoota  - YMCO - 2days ago using AV2.1 - and there were a few folks around

--including a bloke walking his Dog - Damn thing cocked his leg up on my front wheel:ph34r:

He was there again  - when I left  -- yesterday to go to Moorabbin - YMMB

The spit of land in the distance is the bottom right hand corner of Australia and is the landfall

for all International flights for Melbourne from NZ and the Americas

Annotation 2020-02-13 160443.jpg

Just for interest sake of all Aussie PP simmers - I did a complete new install of P3D - exclusive to one

brand new 2TB HDD 7500rpm - and only loaded AV 2.1 -  3 days ago when we  got the upgrade.

Also reloaded 4 - HD Carenado twins and 1 single for the trip (PA 32 Saratoga)

My Comp is only a Mid range I5 - 1050 TI --- 130 GB loaded so far - all Orbx Global/LC/AV2.1 exclusive

plus A/c - approx. 3 GB - and reduced my 43" to a windows size of 150 % - 1980x1080 HD - (scrapping the 43" 4K

back to the X Box One)

Having previously completed a "keep Queensland on the Right' circum. - decided to do a Complete OZ circulation

" keep Australia on the Right" so to speak reprising a few flights in the late 70s in my PA 32 - 300   - (see Avatar)

In the last 3 days I have gone from The Gold Coast YBCG - to Moorabbin YYMMB - with O/Ns at Sydney Bankstown YSBK

and Mallacoota - YMCO - all with AV2.1 exclusive in the HDD

I found - that despite the limitations of my Computer - I never got less than 30FPS - with all the main slides to the right

and in accordance with settings recommended on here. The only time it hiccupped - was when I went to 4times speed

in the boring Aussie bits. (My next test will be install latest Britain TE on top of AV2.1 and see what effect that will have)

Now just lining up for my flight to circumnavigate Tasmania via Flinders Island - Launceston (Orbx freebie) - Hobart  back To YMMB.

As far as the "New" airports go - Philip Island didn't get much of a facelift - if any

Considering that PI is home to some great Car and Motorbike (Aus Grand Prix) racing

and the Vietnam Veterans Museum - and Aircraft display - in the big Hangar 

not forgetting that Orbx is based in Victoria - I wish we had something better

I used to holiday near there and flew in regularly - as I did today in the Tiger

Tiger at Philip Islandf.jpg

Philip Island.jpg

Extract from the User Guide:

Please make use of the Google Earth kmz file included with this product ("FTX Australia v2 Coverage and Features Map.kmz", in the \ORBX\User Documents folder) as it provides geographic markers and additional information for the large number of airports, landmarks, and photoreal areas across the coverage area. 

On 2/12/2020 at 8:58 AM, Benny said:

How big (MB) is the update, thanks.

My Central backup folder for AUv2 contains 1.54GB of files (36 files) all dated the day I installed the service pack update.

21 hours ago, John Heaton said:

As far as the "New" airports go - Philip Island didn't get much of a facelift - if any

Considering that PI is home to some great Car and Motorbike (Aus Grand Prix) racing

and the Vietnam Veterans Museum - and Aircraft display - in the big Hangar 

not forgetting that Orbx is based in Victoria - I wish we had something better

I used to holiday near there and flew in regularly - as I did today in the Tiger

Tiger at Philip Islandf.jpg

Philip Island.jpg

ORBX basically just kind of updated the default Airports to not be so sparse..If you want truer versions of Airports around Australia you need to go find them, either the ORBX standalone or via other developers....

For YPID maybe put in  OZX ;)

2020-2-15_15-59-34-442.png

Archived