Landing at Carlisle

Jack Sawyer

6 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful landing Jack, you are doing so well flying your Cub.

Which taildragger next?

Thanks Martyn, sorry, this is the one and only and only just for fun.  I need modern avionics and modern cockpits, just my personal preference. ;) 

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Wain, it’s not hard to do with this cool plane.

yeah I like this plane, it's so docile and such a calm thing to use, will be idea as I have just bought Honolulu and this will be my perfect explorer, slow and low.....

7 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

As you sit with your hand on the throttle ready to roll - that attitude is how it should look when you touch down - it says here in my little book.  I admire your determination.

Thanks OND.  This plane is one taildragger I finally handle.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks OND.  This plane is one taildragger I finally handle.

Landing from the back seat is better because of the CG but, even when I had students up front, my landings were better.  Peripheral vision is all you need and your butt seems to know where the ground is so much better. 

7 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Landing from the back seat is better because of the CG but, even when I had students up front, my landings were better.  Peripheral vision is all you need and your butt seems to know where the ground is so much better. 

Thanks.  Yeah, I always fly the back seat.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Don.  I need to glue myself to my flying chair.  Haven’t been making flights like I used to.  

I have a similar problem. As I'm limited with sim time, I try to share it between flying and checking out what you guys are up to. 

Don

Archived