Overweight

VH-KDK

I should have lightened the payload and fuel before taking off from Aero Pelelican!

1.BE5ldXg.jpg

I used every millimetre and possibly some grass.

2.60Y3vJc.jpg

A pleasant view of the beach.

3.JS147WN.jpg

I want to keep climbing over the treatment works.

4.VbpZZeQ.jpg

Looks like a blackout at the power station!

On 1/4/2020 at 8:20 AM, Stillwater said:

Always a problem when you load too many Pelican steaks in the back of the King. You should learn from Mule Air, they balance it out with beer in the cockpit!

I was lucky they didn't send the bill along with the steaks!

On 1/4/2020 at 9:48 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Very cool Martyn, but how can you tell the power station isn’t working?

Thanks Jack, I had a screenie where the power station was just black but good old me uploaded the wrong image!:rolleyes:

22 hours ago, olderndirt said:

FLAPS - get airborne ASAP - just enough nose up to clear obstacles - gear up and accelerate to normal climb.

Thanks for the advise OND.

Glad you didn't say that the best course of action was to give up trying to fly!:-

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for the advise OND.

Glad you didn't say that the best course of action was to give up trying to fly!:-

Full flaps are a bit like an elevator in that they get you off the ground but with not much airspeed so be very timid with pitch 'til you have some. 

14 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Full flaps are a bit like an elevator in that they get you off the ground but with not much airspeed so be very timid with pitch 'til you have some. 

That is interesting OND, I will have to try some experimenting.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is interesting OND, I will have to try some experimenting.

Once I landed in a terrible place in my Pacer - broke the gear empennage and had to rope it together for takeoff.  Some advice about full flaps to get off the ground ASAP came to mind and it really works - just don't even think about raising the nose 'til you've gained a bit of speed and can begin bleeding off the flaps.  Sort of similar to an FAA soft field takeoff but not as close the edge - FAA want's pilots in the comfort zone :)

12 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Once I landed in a terrible place in my Pacer - broke the gear empennage and had to rope it together for takeoff.  Some advice about full flaps to get off the ground ASAP came to mind and it really works - just don't even think about raising the nose 'til you've gained a bit of speed and can begin bleeding off the flaps.  Sort of similar to an FAA soft field takeoff but not as close the edge - FAA want's pilots in the comfort zone :)

Real bush flying, doing running repairs with some rope!

Great stuff.:)

Archived