Alice Springs Compatibilty

Badl4ndz

I don't want to nit pick, but actually the new decade only starts 2021. Since the first decade lasted from year 1 - 10 AD,  the next one 11 - 20 and so on, then 2001 - 2010, the current one is 2011 - 2020. So 2020 will be the last year of the current decade.

Anyway, Happy New Year, guys! :)

Hello,

I enjoy comments like yours.

I researched it a little and it turns out that opinion is divided and that there is no official fixed or agreed definition,

except that everyone agrees that a decade is a period of ten years.

Regardless of your opinion or mine, here in the UK, the press are busy publishing lists of what happened in the

last decade, on the basis that it ends today.

Logic would suggest that as a decade is a period of ten years, it should be counted from the first day of the first year.

Starting from midnight on 1st January 2000, ten consecutive periods of one year would end at midnight on 31st

December 2019.

The system you propose, ignores the year 00 and starts counting from midnight on the first day of year 01.

Either way, the elapsed time is ten years and a decade has passed.

Therein lies the debate.

12 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

Just a simple question for those with the Austrailian scenery. Does YBAS Alice Springs blend well with Austrialia V2? I assume it certainly does with Austrialia V1 but V2 is much newer than YBAS.

Thanks

You can see how it blends at the end of this post:

Happy new year!

Nick, the year 0 neither belongs to BC nor to AD, it is in between. Of course the media celebrates 2020 as first year of the new decade, because they also celebrated 2000 as the beginning of the new millenium, which was also wrong. Where I live, many historians pointed this out but have been ignored.

Coincidentally I had the same discussion (not started by myself B)) with friends last night at a New Year's Eve party. There I have learned, that there is actually no year 0. The year before Christ's birth is called 1 BC and the immediatelly following year (the year Christ was born) is the year 1 AD. So no year 0. This is confirmed by Wikipedia.

Happy New Year everybody!:)

Archived