Big nose at Southampton

VH-KDK

Great to see this plane again after 60 years! As a child, living in Oostende at the Belgian Coast, our home was 1Km from the airport(EBOS) and these type(also the 4-engines ones)

often seen with British tourists and some with their car(max. 4) for crossing the Channel to Southend in England. An impressive sight as child and Indeed very noisy.

On 12/25/2019 at 9:55 PM, adambar said:

Terrific shot of the Bristol Martyn. :)   I've seen some pretty large taildraggers at Wal-Mart. :D

Thanks Adam, they are everywhere these days and we have our fair share of them here!:ph34r:

On 12/27/2019 at 2:14 AM, ikbenik said:

Great to see this plane again after 60 years! As a child, living in Oostende at the Belgian Coast, our home was 1Km from the airport(EBOS) and these type(also the 4-engines ones)

often seen with British tourists and some with their car(max. 4) for crossing the Channel to Southend in England. An impressive sight as child and Indeed very noisy.

An interesting story and always great to hear our experiences from the past.

When I visited EBOS in 1969, plane spotting, there were several Carvairs there. The days of the old Bristol 170 were almost over then.

10 minutes ago, Steve Colbert said:

Great shot and fascinating plane!!!

Would you be so kind as to please post a screenshot of the cockpit sometime....I just saw the ad for this and this looks like the perfect plane to fly around the wonderful new True Earth Great Britain in?

Steve

Thanks Steve, I will try and get some done later for you.

For some reason I haven't taken any yet on my previous flights.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Steve, I will try and get some done later for you.

For some reason I haven't taken any yet on my previous flights.

Thank you Martyn,

I think I read somewhere that all airplanes are beautiful in their own way, and I fear I’ve developed a crush on this one! :)

Steve

On 12/29/2019 at 2:29 PM, Steve Colbert said:

Thank you Martyn,

I think I read somewhere that all airplanes are beautiful in their own way, and I fear I’ve developed a crush on this one! :)

Steve

Very true Steve and as well as liking the actual plane there is the nostalgia of this one.

On 12/29/2019 at 2:42 PM, adambar said:

Maybe through the truck delivery doors. :D  Of course going down the aisles would create a whole new set of problems. :D

Just give her a liberal coating of goose dripping and she can slip down the aisles a treat!:ph34r::ph34r::o

Archived