RG4R4yp.jpg

9BJ5SRb.jpg

ev3nDyO.jpg

z7NyUtl.jpg

2ax7R4h.jpg

1px4iAJ.jpg

SGMeaBU.jpg

erX4P7p.jpg

The next shot is where I had a "yard sale," my term for a crash.  I may never get the knack for tail draggers and no longer care.

Nice, very nice.

Haven't sprung for the "farm" even though its the price of a coffee, as in the P3D version I only a couple times went there. Too many other great places to fly to.

You might think that Orbx would just toss that one in for us folks who are buying all the TE Regions.

2 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

Nice, very nice.

Haven't sprung for the "farm" even though its the price of a coffee, as in the P3D version I only a couple times went there. Too many other great places to fly to.

You might think that Orbx would just toss that one in for us folks who are buying all the TE Regions.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

:lol: Okay, Jack, where's the trick? I can't believe you actually flew a yellow Cub for that distance without once going inverted or flying under a bridge. 

Thanks Rodger, no trick, I wanted to unwind and have a slow and enjoyable flight without any antics.  Only my lasting was a disaster.

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Duh , I missed these .... Sorry Jack ; the shot's look grand . :blink::)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, this was done a week or so ago and I remember it well.  Talk about low and slow, it was exceedingly serene over this beautiful scenery.

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

This is my kind of flying, low and slow, so you can soak up the countryside that passes by gently ;). Excellent pics, my friend; what sort of map do you use in some of your pics? 

Thank you Bernd!  The map is a freeware plugin called AVITAB.  It's amazing at what it does at no cost.

38 minutes ago, flavik said:

Stunning shots!

Bit addicted to low (not necessarily slow) flying since WA and OR was released. So much to explore! 

Thank you kind sir, I agree, it would take a while to see everything, I've only started to scratch the surface.

1 minute ago, paulk said:

Nice shots Jack, I'm back off my Canadian Adventure but suffering with jet lag, so thought I would catch up in the forum, during the early hours.

Thanks Paul!  Nice to be back isn't it?  But I'm envious of that trip you took, it must have been awesome!

I have to disagree, I never like returning from a holiday :) It was a great trip especially for my 5 and 11 year old sons. Such a  beautiful part of the world. I hope one day JV and Orbx will be able to make a TE BC Canada if the price for the ortho's is right.

1 minute ago, olderndirt said:

Your usual good stuff.  I see a bit of haze which I also had 'til I ran my visibility back out to 100 miles.

Thanks OND, that's the next thing I look for.  Where is this setting?  Is it under the main setup page where the weather conditions are or somewhere else?

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks OND, that's the next thing I look for.  Where is this setting?  Is it under the main setup page where the weather conditions are or somewhere else?

It's on the the 'customize weather' page  - cloud stuff on the left and upper right, 'visibility' - all the way right.

25 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack

You have some good distant haze going in the early shots. Is that from the xVision - Nordic?

I haven't found Nordic in xVision, is it there somewhere?

TTM

Thanks TTM.  Yes, xVision Nordic.  I don't remember now where it came from.  I can send it to you if you'd like.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

PM sent.

Three different Nordics and I don't know which one I use as this is still baffling to me.

Ok, thanks Jack. 
I'll get a look at them in the next day or so. 20 degree drop in temps means I'm mowing lawns/weeds frantically.

TTM

20 hours ago, olderndirt said:

It's on the the 'customize weather' page  - cloud stuff on the left and upper right, 'visibility' - all the way right.

Just did it, I think what happens is AS4 changes it depending on the last weather setting.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Just did it, I think what happens is AS4 changes it depending on the last weather setting.

Regarding which 'nordic' - when you '.exe' XVision, top left of the opening page will say which solution's in use - also says at the bottom too.

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Regarding which 'nordic' - when you '.exe' XVision, top left of the opening page will say which solution's in use - also says at the bottom too.

I was quoting the wrong quote.  Was referring to the one above between you and 'TigerTM' - which 'Nordic I'm using'.

Archived