Mr

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

Welcome to the forum(s). But.........what do "realistic people" have to do with flying an airplane?..................Doug

They make the airplane realistic.

I flew realistic airplanes for over 13,000 hours, and they  would not have been realistic without me.

:inquisition:

Dont you think we already have enough "realistic" people in the real world. You want them in the sim too >:D

Seriously, OrbX added its little animated Mickeys in most of its P3D airports which is neat.  Realistic ? 10 years ago there were none, I suppose that in 10 years you will be able to flirt the in-game stewardess into a date.

1 hour ago, Hotfuss said:

Blowing ones own trumpet was never a good personal quality.

Hello,

I would think that I drove realistic lorries (trucks) for over 13000 hours in any 7

of my 45 years of being a lorry driver and I agree with Lawrence that they would

not have been realistic without me.

Probably they would not have moved at all.

Probably if you want loads of realistic looking people at airports, that’s bound to hit your frame rates which what we do not want. If you want them in aircraft, like passengers then I would think the same applies. I’ve always had a gripe that when looking to the right in the cockpit there’s nobody there, and would really like to see the co-pilot at least, but I see some plane makers have started doing that. You can have a few passengers as well which adds to the realism. Derek.

I have a really fabulous co-pilot named Sue.  Her voice is like silk and her face and body well....wow.   I wonder if one day I'll meet her?!

Well, I also think some of the "people" in the scenaries are quite freaky, like the walking dead look, stiff with too squared look or ugly, non realistic.

Some developers have designed more realistic staff they look very human and have a lot better look

I wish all could be like these...

In some cases you see the same avatar up to 4 times in the same scenery :blink:

I think this might be what Hotfuss might be referring to, an improvement of those, which I see no wrong in desiring or requesting.

For some it might be irrelevant but for others we are very happy that someone is already creating them ^_^

Cheers

Carlos

Welcome to the Orbx Forums, Hotfuss.

I would also like to see more improvement in the People Flow models.  I like what Carlos said about this being a good request and hope we'll see more.   I also hope Laminar Research XP will code to allow bone animations so we can have more life at XP versions of Orbx airports. 

It's a great time to be a simmer!

I think it is a slow evolution and different Orbx airport sceneries have been released at different stages along this evolution.

There was a time when you had to opt-in or out from people or Object flow because of the frame loss encountered. I reckon most people leave it on now.

If you do go to the older sceneries, the people do have limited actions. Maybe, someone could work on a replacement program for the older objects. Maybe that is too difficult.

(One item I particularly like, is the lady in red. She seems to have evolved over the years to become more fluid. I particularly like the instance of her on the terminal balcony in Broome. She is on the phone with movements quite natural.)

I note that the GSX add-on have just gone up a notch with the representation of air side personnel in the PBR version of GSX2. I think they explained that they could only animate 16 joints in their old personnel but now do 32 joints?

I particularly enjoy watching the refuelling personnel.

Have a look at this video if you wish.

Aussie

There is a program called something like Passenger something or other.  I had it with FSX and it wasn't bad.  Doesn't seem to be available any more.

Archived