Getting closer to XP only

Jack Sawyer

I was feeling very lonely in my personal Orbx skies, so @Scott Harmes had me download and install the freeware AI traffic program.  So now I have traffic and with the sliders all maxed out it hasn't made one difference at all in FPS.

And to make it even better I got the Reality XP GTN 750 to see the traffic too.  So with these two additions, plus running ASXP and xVision things are really improving.

If I could somehow convince the people at PMDG and A2A and ChasePlane to make XP version it'll be all over for P3D.

Here's some shots over Orbx's TE Washington, KSEA.

6YvgAId.jpg

b5nxgp1.jpg

9Uls7Cu.jpg

4ClY7nz.jpg

GY09Dpf.jpg

AAleTPi.jpg

Oyw8yhf.jpg

2BYNkPa.jpg

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I don't feel like chucking more money down the flight sim hole.:(

yes, Don

the $point being many of us have invested significant $$$s into our hobby...

it's great when we get a return on our $investment...

& it is wonderful when we experience those particularly special flights (& we love the hero screenshots that are shared on these Orbx forums!)

6 hours ago, BradB said:

I have been thinking about letting P3D go also . :):(

This is interesting. You and Jack are both considering XP11 as your primary sim. I've tried XP 11 with payware addons and some of the best freeware and I still stay away from it.

What am I missing?

ASXP?

X-Vison?

Freeware AI traffic?

The one thing that keeps me away from XP11 is that the planes do feel like one is flying on rails.

If this subject is too controversial for some, please PM me. I'm seriously interested in knowing why XP11 is all of sudden so special.

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Awesome shots Jack , sadly I have been thinking about letting P3D go also . :):(

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I know it'll never really happen with me because PMDG, A2A, and ChasePlane will never be on XP. So it's cool to have them both.

5 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

but, Jack

we all love our P3D seasons!

embrace the current 2019 sims as they are - btw, we Orbxers give the flight sim developers clues to what we are seeking!

cheers & onwards, Jack

Thanks Craig, spot on, I too like seasons, but it was mentioned that Orbx isn't going to be developing seasons in TE, which is fine, this is why I keep both sims.

5 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Not sure I really need it that bad. At my age, I don't feel like chucking more money down the flight sim hole.:(

Don

Thanks Don, I know exactly what you mean, and there's a slight learning curve.  XP still has me baffled as can be over how to set up cameras which is like #1 in importance to me.

1 hour ago, JoseCFII said:

This is interesting. You and Jack are both considering XP11 as your primary sim. I've tried XP 11 with payware addons and some of the best freeware and I still stay away from it.

What am I missing?

ASXP?

X-Vison?

Freeware AI traffic?

The one thing that keeps me away from XP11 is that the planes do feel like one is flying on rails.

If this subject is too controversial for some, please PM me. I'm seriously interested in knowing why XP11 is all of sudden so special.

Hi Jose, it'll never ever happen, I know PMDG, A2A, and ChasePlane will never in life support XP.  I agree, the planes feel very odd to me.  Having flown many light planes I feel XP is way to sensitive in yaw especially.  Without getting too controversial I like XP because it has far less stutters and seems more fluid.  But it's lacking in many areas.

Jack,

Have you heard of X-Camera? It's free.

PMDG has one aircraft available for XPlane. SimCoders turns some aircraft in "A2A like" in XPlane 11.

Maybe you already knew this.

Jose

Yes sir, but it's not ChasePlane, this app is very important to me, I really wouldn't like a copy, I love the original.

The one PMDG has available isn't the one I want, I need their big jets.

And again, if it ain't the genuine A2A then it's not worth it to me.

Just my two cents.  Maybe I was a little too enthusiastic.

1 hour ago, TerryM said:

haha...... I remember our early conversations Jack, and getting you set up;

Some excellent screenshots there :)

Thanks Terry, I remember yes, but there's some things about XP that have me over a barrel, and some are very non-intuitive but that's another conversation.

I think that ORBX True Earth is the perfect add for XP 11 because that where XP really shines. But, that's the only difference I see from years ago. It's still the same sim with awful sounds and the weather is getting better with an expensive add-on, but it's just not at the level of P3D v4.5

I do love XP's terrain engine, roads and traffic movement, and the dusk & night lighting are second to none. But it's missing too many important features that are not even available as add-ons. The main issues are inherent within XP and they can only be addressed by the main developer.

Sorry for my rant, but I have respect for Jack & John and value their opinion. I was just hoping that my initial XP investment was not a waste of money. It looks like it still is.

2 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

What am I missing?

ASXP?

X-Vison?

Freeware AI traffic?

Hey Jose , I am anxious to compare XP11 TE WA to P3D TE WA . Might be a few months out , but that is the time when I seriously decide to shed a Sim .

John

3 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

I think that ORBX True Earth is the perfect add for XP 11 because that where XP really shines. But, that's the only difference I see from years ago. It's still the same sim with awful sounds and the weather is getting better with an expensive add-on, but it's just not at the level of P3D v4.5

I do love XP's terrain engine, roads and traffic movement, and the dusk & night lighting are second to none. But it's missing too many important features that are not even available as add-ons. The main issues are inherent within XP and they can only be addressed by the main developer.

Sorry for my rant, but I have respect for Jack & John and value their opinion. I was just hoping that my initial XP investment was not a waste of money. It looks like it still is.

Well, I can't disagree with you Jose, I'm trying to be optimistic that things will improve.  If it wasn't for Orbx's amazing TE stuff I never would have bought XP, I mean it looks terrible outside of Orbx regions.  But for "serious" sim flights it's P3D all the way.  

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Hey Jose , I am anxious to compare XP11 TE WA to P3D TE WA . Might be a few months out , but that is the time when I seriously decide to shed a Sim .

John

P3D v4.5 is a different animal. I can't  wait to see how WA is going to look. Every other photo scenery I've tested looks amazing in p3d v4.5HF1.

P3D v4.5 is a different animal. I can't  wait to see how WA is going to look. Every other photo scenery I've tested looks amazing in p3d v4.5HF1.

I just bought Skagit and it looks great but one thing I detest about XP is when I load a plane after TWO WEEKS I have no choice but to enter my serial number for the plane.  I can very seriously live without this!

20 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I just bought Skagit and it looks great but one thing I detest about XP is when I load a plane after TWO WEEKS I have no choice but to enter my serial number for the plane.  I can very seriously live without this!

I never get asked to re enter serial and I sometimes don't use stuff for months with the testing I do on new planes...

JF currently in developement is Traffic Global for XP, it's coming along nicely but is payware which will put some off......I am also not seeing any sim slowdown with it on max.....

I now use Skymaxx Pro for weather with FSGRW and UWXP, all seems to work fine...

15 minutes ago, wain71 said:

I never get asked to re enter serial and I sometimes don't use stuff for months with the testing I do on new planes...

JF currently in developement is Traffic Global for XP, it's coming along nicely but is payware which will put some off......I am also not seeing any sim slowdown with it on max.....

I now use Skymaxx Pro for weather with FSGRW and UWXP, all seems to work fine...

I was told by XAviation for my TBM and Carenado that you absolutely must renter serial numbers every two weeks not matter what, and that’s exactly what I have to do and I feel it’s ridiculous.

This freeware traffic was working yesterday at KSEA, I guess it only works at large airports but it isn’t working now with KSEA below.

THIS is why I like P3D better, it’s more reliable for things like this.

I’m willing to pay for a GOOD AI Traffic, I mean a lot of money IF it works.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I was told by XAviation for my TBM and Carenado that you absolutely must renter serial numbers every two weeks not matter what, and that’s exactly what I have to do and I feel it’s ridiculous.

I fully agree with you Jack, that is absolutely ridiculous! But like Wain71, I'll never ever get asked to reenter my serial number a second time, on any of my payware planes, and I have quite a few by now. Even if I have upgraded let's say from 11.34 to 11.35. I'm not sure, but would it make sense to contact Carenado for this?

2 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

I fully agree with you Jack, that is absolutely ridiculous! But like Wain71, I'll never ever get asked to reenter my serial number a second time, on any of my payware planes, and I have quite a few by now. Even if I have upgraded let's say from 11.34 to 11.35. I'm not sure, but would it make sense to contact Carenado for this?

I did contact them and they say this is their policy to prevent piracy.

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

@Scott Harmes had me download and install the freeware AI traffic program.

I hit the wrong key.

Ok, thanks re Skagit.

Glad to know its something else stuffing my XP at the moment.

TTM

I see, yes, AI, it works.  But only big jets there, it doesn’t inject light planes.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I did contact them and they say this is their policy to prevent piracy.

And this is even more ridiculous my friend, because why do you have to do this, but not I (I have four Carenado/Alabeo planes for XP11)

Archived