As real as it gets

ydelta

2 hours ago, cyberpilot said:

Fantastic shot.

What A320 are you using?

I'm thinking of getting the Flight Factor one.

This is the Flight Factor, very good aircraft, I would say close to study-level 

3 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Default  Heathrow ?

Stunning picture.

Scott

Heathrow Extended from Aerosoft but I did some edition in WED to get it blended with Orbx TE GB South photo tiles colorimetry 

Well, I was sucked in 100% right up to your reply to cyberpilot “This is a Flight Factor”, don’t do that to us gullible old folks anymore!! :lol:

Now that I know that it is not real I am duly impressed! :D

Thanks guys for the comments, actually this shot is a replica from an actual shot I did in a real A320 from that famous window seat and my challenge was to create a picture in the sim that was as close as possible to the real thing, playing with the clouds' shadows on the ground, the infamous Rayleigh haze effect that is native in XP  - and that most people dislike but which is actually so real we you are used to fly real aircrafts - and some other 'little edits' to make it look and feel like the original picture.

It proves one thing: there is no better model to real-looking shots than actual pictures to see how the scenery can be perceived at a given altitude. It also shows that Orbx did a pretty good job with the photorealistic rendition and the autogen all around that blend perfectly with the capability of XP11 to render lighting better than P3D (for the time being but let's wait for V5 ;) )

Archived