Things I'd never have seen.

olderndirt

This particular route, the North Cascades highway, was on my 'wan't to but no way' list in real life.  Now with this scenery it's close to the real thing.

Departed Concrete, along the Skagit River and State Route 20. 

chelan1.jpg

The power lines you see are a large part of Seattle Power Co.

chelan2.jpg

A company town, Newhalem (no witches) - part of the Power Co operation.

chelan3.jpg

The source of all this power, Diablo Dam - the lake is colored by material in the local rock sediment.

chelan4.jpg

Heading south to the area where 'Brad' flew yesterday.  Looks like one lonesome highway.

chelan5.jpg

Cut across to Lake Chelan, climbed a little and a couple of deft clicks - clouds were gone.  At 50.5 miles this is a long boat ride.

chelan6.jpg

Imagination is a wonderful thing that we humans possess and if you let it run wild and squint your eyes a little you can experience a heck of lot of adventures  in today's Flight Sims powered by ORBX! :D

Great shots of your"want to" adventure OND! :)

22 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Thanks to your clear indications and crisp pics, I've just flown the same route in the old PNW. Ouch, the LC scenery is not bad  but clearly shows its age !  

Would I be indiscreet  to ask why you wanted to fly the route but there was no way you could do it  ?

1 hour ago, dominique said:

Thanks to your clear indications and crisp pics, I've just flown the same route in the old PNW. Ouch, the LC scenery is not bad  but clearly shows its age !  

Would I be indiscreet  to ask why you wanted to fly the route but there was no way you could do it  ?

Actually my flying days ended with my medical, more or less and my driving days have a reducing radius of operation - old age has come calling.  This scenery helps fill a gap.

Archived