Update on openLC Africa and Asia

John Venema

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

from one of the Orbx Direct product pages:

We began our FTX Global openLC series with Europe, covering an area over 10,000,000 sq. km with FTX Global custom textures and new textures unique to openLC. FTXG openLC as the name suggests, replaces the default landclass layer with higher detailed and a better variety of land types. This in turn creates a more varied and accurate terrain with FSX or P3D. It has been specifically designed to work with both FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector as part of the total simulator overhaul. With FTX Global and openLC Europe you now have a whole new continent to explore. Start putting the pieces together now!

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

from one of the Orbx Direct product pages:

Aah- sorry, but something I missed - it doesn't look like this openLC applies to us X-Plane 11 only users. Or does it? I assume that there would be a clash between openLC and any TE scenery within the same areas?

1 hour ago, Herman Auer said:

Actually our friend from China has posted a very valid question...

Based on past discounting practises, I too was hoping for some sort of Haloween sale.

Herman :(

Halloween is over until next year - thank goodness. Just gotta get Thanksgiving (for what I don't know) and Christmas out of the the way then clear air until Easter.

4 hours ago, xuehua china said:

How come there is no information about Asia?

I don't know.  But logic says there is no information about Asia, and Africa, because it's not being worked on.  Logic says that if they are being worked on then Africa would have been completed some time ago and Asia would be coming soon.

8 hours ago, Geezer said:

I don't know.  But logic says there is no information about Asia, and Africa, because it's not being worked on.  Logic says that if they are being worked on then Africa would have been completed some time ago and Asia would be coming soon.

Hello,

since you have already made this incorrect assertion and been answered, we must conclude that 

your motive for posting does not include a desire for accuracy.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

since you have already made this incorrect assertion and been answered, we must conclude that 

your motive for posting does not include a desire for accuracy.

Hi Nick.  If my prediction is faulty then why does JV agree with me at least with Asia?  

In the meantime I have worldwide landclass with a different company even if it doesn't have the same quality.

Considering the number of FSX products this year it's obvious Orbx has made a move away from FSX to P3D and X-Plane.  As I've stated in the past, this is a good business decision.  However, it might turn full circle with the new FSX.  Time will tell.

Hi Geezer,

I can assure you that openLC Africa has been in development on and off for 2.5 years since openLC South America was released. It was always intended for release by the end of 2017 or early 2018. However, its development was sidetracked by two other side projects worked on by the developer; TrueEarth Netherlands for AFS2/P3D and the port of TrueEarth GB South from XP11 to P3D.

For issues not yet ready for public consumption we have not yet been given a beta build of OLC Africa by the Ukraine-based developer. This is an unfortunate situation presently not in our control, but we are doing our best to resolve this.

Archived