Peaks and Valleys

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

I don´t have Darrington yet :'(

These are nice shots Don

Darrington is worth the buy, Carlos. Lovely but it also is an iconic airport because it was one of the first of  what I call the "small airports with a soul" to be created,. First in Fs2k2 by an indie developer long gone  and then OrbX took up the torch with a Darrington of their own. Its school buses are a FS landmark :) ! It makes a good pair with Concrete in PNW.

12 hours ago, dominique said:

Darrington is worth the buy, Carlos. Lovely but it also is an iconic airport because it was one of the first of  what I call the "small airports with a soul" to be created,. First in Fs2k2 by an indie developer long gone  and then OrbX took up the torch with a Darrington of their own. Its school buses are a FS landmark :) ! It makes a good pair with Concrete in PNW.

Thank you so much Dominique for the reference

Included in my next shopping list :)

18 hours ago, dominique said:

Thanks Dominique, a little bit of history I wasn't aware of, and yes it definitely is a pearl and well worth having. Buy the way, I saw your short flight in your Diamond DA42 on Avsim - nice.

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was great Don, I especially love that last one, shows how rugged this area is.

Thanks Jack, flying in from Vancouver makes it relatively easy to find, I was a bit high on arrival, so just had a bit of a problem finding the runway, it's sort of hiding amongst the trees. I also approached from the easy end :smile:

20 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some beautiful scenery from your flight Don.:)

Thanks Martyn,

What you see in the mountain area's, is really beautiful. I thank ORBX for their great work, this is the only way I'll ever get to experience it.

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks Martyn,

What you see in the mountain area's, is really beautiful. I thank ORBX for their great work, this is the only way I'll ever get to experience it.

Same here Don, all these far away places do look so impressive.

mmd.png.a65c9b19b45912a114bdba60e4254fb0.png

Never mind, there is always Mount Major just a few clicks away from me!:lol::lol::lol:

Archived