"I'll bet you...."

Orbx Flyer

...that TE-W is a clear-out, running winner...in sales...and that to the prospective purchaser...if they have to also spring for a multi-TB hard-drive, that won't be a turn off, either...

Too bad ORBX doesn't post 'unit' number of sales of a product...that would be very interesting to know...at least for myself.

53 minutes ago, PNW User said:

...that TE-W is a clear-out, running winner...in sales...and that to the prospective purchaser...if they have to also spring for a multi-TB hard-drive, that won't be a turn off, either...

Too bad ORBX doesn't post 'unit' number of sales of a product...that would be very interesting to know...at least for myself.

Thus far, TE-W is for X-Plane only.  I wouldn't know the figures off the top of my head, but my instincts tell me that, for the present, there are many more P3D owners than XP owners.  That may not hold true in the future, but is probably the case now.  So how is TE-W a "clear-out, running winner"?  Do you know something the rest of us don't know?  Just saying...

Hello Stewart,

who or what is the winner depends on the race and you have made assumptions

that may not necessarily apply.

Or indeed they might.

I think the point of the topic is to express the enthusiasm felt

for the product and we have no problem with that at all.

58 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Stewart,

who or what is the winner depends on the race and you have made assumptions

that may not necessarily apply.

Or indeed they might.

I think the point of the topic is to express the enthusiasm felt

for the product and we have no problem with that at all.

I'm not a big fan of unnecessary hyperbole, is all....

1 hour ago, PNW User said:

We will never know that. Commercially secret me thinks.

58 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Thus far, TE-W is for X-Plane only.  I wouldn't know the figures off the top of my head, but my instincts tell me that, for the present, there are many more P3D owners than XP owners...

The reason I did not go to Xplane is, some time ago JV commented that "Orbx for Xplane will never happen."  Now I could never afford to repurchase Orbx products for another sim. :( I guess in some cases, the saying "Never say never" is true.

Even though I have X-Plane I will wait for this one to come out for P3D, after all P3D is my main Flight Sim. X-Plane for me is an extra and I like it, but I will probably not invest in it as I did with P3D!

14 minutes ago, tuisong said:

We will never know that. Commercially secret me thinks.

Yes I think so

But I would love to know which is Orbx top seller and the least sold. A list from top to least. That would be nice for me

I still have many product on my wish list and I think having that as a reference could help prioritize. 

I think I'm a kind of particular that my go for the least sold just for curiosity, just for not being part of the mass, just for knowing why

You know, I've seen airports that didn't impress me much, added them and removed them from the cart and at the end when I bought them I simply found them fantastic contrary to some very popular, so this is interesting as all depends on taste and expectation, but a list from top to least could be useful as a guidance for the ones still to buy.

I once thought that when I have bought all of my interest for what is left make a list and then ask the community for references, to know their experiences, why should I have X airport and then decide which goes first of all left that didn't catch me at the very start. But so far I feel quite satisfy with the ones I have bought and the order followed, but still there are many out there.

Sometimes you ask yourself, this one or that one? So this list /information could be a good tool as reference

Cheers

Very impressive, indeed ! 

I think I need to seriously re-visit my next build spec sheet, as 10 of these TE products will use up my separate 2TB sim only dedicated SSD in a few months, lol !

Anyone have any ideas how to store all these big files ?

Given the prices for SSD's, .. will the more economical HDD's  affect sim performance ? 

Is storage of scenery feasible on external hard drives...or will this affect performance ? 

I have had good luck with mechanical HHD's but I prefer the smaller SSD; less space! So far I am up to 8TB and I would much rather have storage than rely on streaming and an internet connection. I have not noticed that great of a difference in speed between mechanical and SSD, both good.

12 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Very impressive, indeed ! 

I think I need to seriously re-visit my next build spec sheet, as 10 of these TE products will use up my separate 2TB sim only dedicated SSD in a few months, lol !

Anyone have any ideas how to store all these big files ?

Given the prices for SSD's, .. will the more economical HDD's  affect sim performance ? 

Is storage of scenery feasible on external hard drives...or will this affect performance ? 

I have two copies of XP, each on their own dedicated 6TB hard drive.  I anticipated where the scenery was going...(smile). As to your question, no degradation in performance.  Once loaded...the system is forgotten....

10 hours ago, W2DR said:

At 200+ GB I don't think it will be a "clear-out, running winner". In addition to P3D/FSX I own XP11 but I won't be buying this one. Time will tell.........

HD's in the TB's are no longer expensive..for it's still my opinion, that you get what you need, to make things happen.  If someone sees the grabs, the videos..and want this...200 GB to install,  is simply no barrier...

Anyone who is an XP11+ fan has long ago bought a mega terabyte drive or two and is already an avid collector of orthoscenery, and I believe that "sales" willl be high and the more the merrier because I love this stuff. Personally I have many terabytes of ortho installed. And its glorious.

1 hour ago, fltsimguy said:

Anyone who is an XP11+ fan has long ago bought a mega terabyte drive or two and is already an avid collector of orthoscenery, and I believe that "sales" willl be high and the more the merrier because I love this stuff. Personally I have many terabytes of ortho installed. And its glorious.

You won't need a big hard drive for MSFS 2020.  The scenery will be streamed to the computer.  No one has a 2 Petabyte HD.  Sales will be zero.  Monthly subscriptions will be very high.

16 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

You got it!   I have the whole world Ortho4Xp'ed...and bought some time ago, the TB's to do just that....TE.x is just icing on top of my already ortho'd XP world!

On 6/24/2019 at 12:38 PM, ArtFlyer said:

You won't need a big hard drive for MSFS 2020.  The scenery will be streamed to the computer.  No one has a 2 Petabyte HD.  Sales will be zero.  Monthly subscriptions will be very high.

Scenery streamed to the computer .......... Microsoft may be on to something here.

Archived