A2A L049 KPSP Palm Springs To KAVX Catalina

Almedin

Lovely captures of the Connie, mankind's most beautiful creation. Still have vivid memories of sitting on my back fence watching 121s landing at KAFB. If A2A did a B-29, I'd be in heaven. Scenery's quite nice too. :)

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Beautifully done Almedin!  I sure miss this plane in my hangar, I might have to reinstall it.

I'm expecting a screenie of the Connie flying under a Melbourne bridge on the Australia v2 release date.

1 minute ago, patful said:

I'm expecting a screenie of the Connie flying under a Melbourne bridge on the Australia v2 release date.

I'd love to but with all the problems I'm having now since I "upgraded" to 4.5 my sim is broken. :banghead:

1 minute ago, patful said:

I got lucky, I think. Fresh Windows 10 install, full P3D install, everything seems okay. Hopefully my sort-of-new 1080 eats up Melbourne.

I'd rather have a root canal without anesthetic than reinstall everything.  A certain aircraft company who shall remain nameless destroyed my PC's OS recently and I ain't going through that again.

21 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd love to but with all the problems I'm having now since I "upgraded" to 4.5 my sim is broken. :banghead:

Interesting comment Jack, me too. YBCG used to take around 90/120 seconds to load, now it's 4 min35 sec, amongst other problems 

Just now, Aussieflyer38 said:

Interesting comment Jack, me too. YBCG used to take around 90/120 seconds to load, now it's 4 min35 sec, amongst other problems 

Yep, I knew I should have ran an Acronis but I "trusted" LM.  N.E.V.E.R. A.G.A.I.N.  EVER.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yep, I knew I should have ran an Acronis but I "trusted" LM.  N.E.V.E.R. A.G.A.I.N.  EVER.

Just curious - would 'system restore' get you back before you installed that update? 

I feel your pain Jack, so far this year has been the worst for me with re-installs! Everything is working and running fine then here comes the supposed new and improved update; Trouble!

The past 6 months I put the brakes on a certain Flight Sim Platform and reverted to my backup X-Plane! As of late I have built a brand computer not because what I had was bad but an updated system was needed for all of the new and bigger add on,s coming out! I was at a point that I was spending much more time fixing than flying. At this point in time I am running a much lighter system in terms of downloads and I think it is a much better idea; keep it lite! If add on's require me to jump through hoops to install then I simple do not use them, I am learning the hard way.

1 minute ago, Cyclone1 said:

I feel your pain Jack, so far this year has been the worst for me with re-installs! Everything is working and running fine then here comes the supposed new and improved update; Trouble!

The past 6 months I put the brakes on a certain Flight Sim Platform and reverted to my backup X-Plane! As of late I have built a brand computer not because what I had was bad but an updated system was needed for all of the new and bigger add on,s coming out! I was at a point that I was spending much more time fixing than flying. At this point in time I am running a much lighter system in terms of downloads and I think it is a much better idea; keep it lite! If add on's require me to jump through hoops to install then I simple do not use them, I am learning the hard way.

I got it fixed.  It was several things.  GTN, Client, And AS4.  

But now 4.5 works flawlessly!  It loads much faster, no stutters, and locked 30 FPS gives me 30 solid FPS.  Acronising now.  It just took my sleeping on it to work it out.

On 5/15/2019 at 2:44 AM, carlosqr said:

:o

You landed that giant there!!

I'm a lousy pilot :lol:

These are great sceneries aren't they?

Amazing shots Almedin

Yeap landed successfully little bit a tricky but alles gut!

On 5/15/2019 at 2:47 AM, BradB said:

+1 - :lol::o:lol::)

John

:lol::smile:

On 5/15/2019 at 3:14 AM, patful said:

Lovely captures of the Connie, mankind's most beautiful creation. Still have vivid memories of sitting on my back fence watching 121s landing at KAFB. If A2A did a B-29, I'd be in heaven. Scenery's quite nice too. :)

Thank you very much man!

On 5/15/2019 at 3:19 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Beautifully done Almedin!  I sure miss this plane in my hangar, I might have to reinstall it.

Thank you Jack my friend it worth every penny definitly my favorite aircraft!

On 5/15/2019 at 3:26 AM, patful said:

It will be my friend soon! :smile:

On 5/15/2019 at 3:56 AM, olderndirt said:

The '049' first of many.  While stationed at Yakutat AK in '62, Pacific Northern Airlines used 749's so I had several great rides in those.  Love your overhead shots.

Thank you very much junge man! Glad you like it!

On 5/15/2019 at 5:42 AM, adambar said:

Splendid flight and shots fot sure! :)

Thank you very much man! Cheers!

On 5/15/2019 at 6:51 AM, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much lain!

On 5/15/2019 at 12:22 PM, Aimee Sanjari said:

One of my favorite aircraft. Great job! 

Thank you very much Aimee also my favorite I love the sounds and physics of this aircraft it's so realistic!

On 5/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, European Mountain Man said:

Wow what fantastic set of shots Almedin  and what a super aircraft and i love your shot where the wheels are touching down on runway good shot regards EMM

Thank you very much EMM, glad you like it!

On 5/15/2019 at 12:47 PM, lifejogger said:

Super shots of the scenery and the Connie.

Thank you man jogger i appreciate it!

On 5/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, mikee said:

Amazing Scenery , great set of shots :)

Thank you very much mikee! Cheers!

Archived