Edinburgh to Newcastle part 1

Jack Sawyer

More to follow but I made some changes.

I didn't like the look of UWXP 2.5's purple clouds so I went back to 2.4.  And I didn't know how much of a hassle it is to simply change textures.

I mean you have to reload all the cloud puff textures, it's very non-intuitive but it works.

So this is Orbx's TE, UWXP 2.4, ASXP with real time weather on.

h3oCMBp.jpg

MHBJVV4.jpg

7Qkb8dh.jpg

7rmlvmF.jpg

Lt1w3SS.jpg

19 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

Very nice indeed Jack.  I wish Edinburgh saw skies like this more often :(  Cheers,

Calum

Thanks Calum, I use ASXP and keep it set to historical weather.  So this was the other day when it supposedly had clear skies there.  It took me several tries to get a clear day as ASXP kept giving me overcast and rainy skies.

great shots Jack...I managed to adjust the color in 2.5 but not sure how as I have a lot set to random...

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Very realistic shots Jack , I can't use ASXP anymore because of a WIN10 security update .....:):angry::(

Cheers

John

not sure what's going on for you, I recently had a win10 update but ASXP still works...

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots Jack...I managed to adjust the color in 2.5 but not sure how as I have a lot set to random...

not sure what's going on for you, I recently had a win10 update but ASXP still works...

I worked with AS tech support for weeks on this issue with no luck :

AS.PNG.23810e35fe7ba4f4972f86bf6b3ce880.PNG

They said I needed to do a complete WIN 10 reinstall to fix , I moved on .....

John

Never made that trip by air but did go, by rented car in '51, to see my new sister - before 'M' roads they still had the old roadside mileposts from stagecoach days.  Did it again headed for the 'new land', in '53, saw my remarried Dad for the last time.  FWIW - read where REX is finally throwing their hat in the ring with XP.  Their latest effort, when completed, will hopefully be made in an XP version.  Last but certainly not least,  your shots are excellent. 

10 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Never made that trip by air but did go, by rented car in '51, to see my new sister - before 'M' roads they still had the old roadside mileposts from stagecoach days.  Did it again headed for the 'new land', in '53, saw my remarried Dad for the last time.  FWIW - read where REX is finally throwing their hat in the ring with XP.  Their latest effort, when completed, will hopefully be made in an XP version.  Last but certainly not least,  your shots are excellent. 

That must have been something back then OND!

On 4/30/2019 at 8:54 PM, BradB said:

I worked with AS tech support for weeks on this issue with no luck :

AS.PNG.23810e35fe7ba4f4972f86bf6b3ce880.PNG

They said I needed to do a complete WIN 10 reinstall to fix , I moved on .....

John

I guess you tried turning UAC down or off in Win10? If you are the Administrator of the machine this should be easy to fix? The windows update probably reset UAC at some point. Some apps require a lower level of UAC to run correctly.

I would recommend trying to install as admin also.

Daz

1 hour ago, Dazzleruk said:

I guess you tried turning UAC down or off in Win10? If you are the Administrator of the machine this should be easy to fix? The windows update probably reset UAC at some point. Some apps require a lower level of UAC to run correctly.

I would recommend trying to install as admin also.

Daz

I tried the new Beta this morning from the AS site and turning off UAC did the trick . Install was successful , thanks for your suggestion .

John

On 5/11/2019 at 11:49 AM, BradB said:

I tried the new Beta this morning from the AS site and turning off UAC did the trick . Install was successful , thanks for your suggestion .

John

Awesome. Glad to help and to hear you are up and running.

Daz

Archived