Does my XP Heathrow look right?

Jack Sawyer

I made a terrific flight from Cardiff to Heathrow in the 737 and when I taxied in I was wondering if EGLL looked correct?  So I quit XP and ran it again with this copter.  It doesn't look right, or is it me?  And if it doesn't how can I fix it?  I haven't done anything to the sim except add the 737.

Lvj8GlV.jpg

hFzATgf.jpg

C78yzOZ.jpg

FqL9idh.jpg

RdA0KUF.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, craigeaglefire said:

are you using xOrganizer, Jack?

very useful & easy (basically automatic) to tame scenery packs in XP11...

best regards,

craig

Hi Craig, thanks for replying, never heard of it.  Is it easy to use?  Where would I get it?

Just now, craigeaglefire said:

from XPlane store about $10...

Michael @pmb recommended it to me & I am amazed how easy & comprehensive it is...

an an absolute must for the full XP11 experience!

Thanks but is Heathrow looking wrong?  And will it fix it, and if so how?

it did exactly that for me - fixed Heathrow & everything else...

i had had the added complication that I had also installed the payware Aerosoft Heathrow...

completely sorted all my payware add on scenery & plays well with Orbx sceneries too...

with your skills, Jack, you’ll have it fully sorted very quickly & without grief...

TIP: just install as it suggests but remember once you fire it up to set it to write to scenery .ini file...

1 minute ago, craigeaglefire said:

it did exactly that for me - fixed Heathrow & everything else...

i had had the added complication that I had also installed the payware Aerosoft Heathrow...

completely sorted all my payware add on scenery & plays well with Orbx sceneries too...

with your skills, Jack, you’ll have it fully sorted very quickly & without grief...

TIP: just install as it suggests but remember once you fire it up to set it to write to scenery .ini file...

Thanks but there's no other way?  How did it get like this in the first place since all I did was add a plane?

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

This what I have jack.

If it is not meant to look like that, what should it look like??

TTM

jSb7Jho.jpg

Thanks TTM, so mine is fouled up.  I am looking at that xOrganizer but somehow mine got messed up.  Any ideas how to fix it without this app?  And why it happened in the first place?  All I have is Orbx stuff, no other third party scenery.

Hello,

as far as I am aware, Global airports and London landmarks must be installed and above the TEGB

entries in the scenery_packs.ini file.

These are X Plane 11 files and nothing to do with Orbx.

There are no airports in TEGB for X Plane 11.

Hi Jack. Definitely does not look right, what Heathrow are you using and X organiser is in the Xplane.org store and it was supposed to sort your ini file out. I had the first one and it still didn’t sort it out to bad but had a habit of forgetting where to put things as some one said. There is a new out as some one mentioned but not sure if it’s better now. Derek.

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as far as I am aware, Global airports and London landmarks must be installed and above the TEGB

entries in the scenery_packs.ini file.

These are X Plane 11 files and nothing to do with Orbx.

There are no airports in TEGB for X Plane 11.

Thanks Nick, so I just cut and paste those two lines to top I think as per a post I saw here.

2 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack. Definitely does not look right, what Heathrow are you using and X organiser is in the Xplane.org store and it was supposed to sort your ini file out. I had the first one and it still didn’t sort it out to bad but had a habit of forgetting where to put things as some one said. There is a new out as some one mentioned but not sure if it’s better now. Derek.

Thanks Derek, I’m gonna try the manual cut and paste rearrange lines in the ini file first and see what happens.  Will keep ya’ll posted.

why should Jack (& others) submit themselves ‘to a world of pain’?

xOrganizer completely sorts it in about 1 minute...

just downloading & sorting all the UHD Mesh V4 - if he gives good support I will give him a donation...

so so glad I actually listened to @pmb when I asked for XP11 advice on these very Orbx forums...

will not not look back!

(Ortho4XP tiles next for northern NSW - it’s not rocket science)...

;)

& because i feel like it - as a significant Orbx customer - here is a shot that i just took of Mt Rainier...

i am an Orbx fan & have $paid heaps - i do like to listen to others' advice tho'...

the 'powers that be' might wanna boot me off the forums ;)

168947965_EpicE1000MtRainierforOrbx.thumb.jpg.b6346af2edb3c6649ad06a835058dfe0.jpg

jeez i had fun also with my Orbx Monument Valley pack - waiting to enjoy my Orbx Broome...

this XP11 is fun - although next mobo definitively needs 64GB RAM (the new 2019 32GB)...

i'm sure @tonywob knows exactly what is going on - & i admire what he has so far deployed for us Orbx XP11 converts...

tally ho,

i'm off to see the XP11 world!

(while i wait for P3Dv4.5)

cheers,

craig 

Wow, Jack is with XP11!! How cool is that. :):)

Jack, I don't have (yet) xOrganizer. This is what I did to sort out my messed-up payware and freeware airports in XP11. When I added them to the "Custom Scenery" folder, I put the letter "a" in front of the airport name. So Frankfurt for example is now aFrankfurt, Seattle became aSeattle etc. This makes sure that they alway stay on top of the  libraries etc. Don't touch any ORBX entries!!

The next thing you need to do: 

scroll down to the very bottom of the Custom Scenery folder, there you'll see the scenery packs file. Delete it.

Fire up XP11, once it is active, close it down again. This way a new scenery packs file has been built by XP11.

Fire up XP11 one more time and go flying.

4 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

why should Jack (& others) submit themselves ‘to a world of pain’?

xOrganizer completely sorts it in about 1 minute...

just downloading & sorting all the UHD Mesh V4 - if he gives good support I will give him a donation...

so so glad I actually listened to @pmb when I asked for XP11 advice on these very Orbx forums...

will not not look back!

(Ortho4XP tiles next for northern NSW - it’s not rocket science)...

;)

Thanks Craig, but I'm trying to do this without buying extra things.  It sounds like this app is XP

s version of SCE for P3D, Scenery Config Editor.

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Wow, Jack is with XP11!! How cool is that. :):)

Jack, I don't have (yet) xOrganizer. This is what I did to sort out my messed-up payware and freeware airports in XP11. When I added them to the "Custom Scenery" folder, I put the letter "a" in front of the airport name. So Frankfurt for example is now aFrankfurt, Seattle became aSeattle etc. This makes sure that they alway stay on top of the  libraries etc. Don't touch any ORBX entries!!

The next thing you need to do: 

scroll down to the very bottom of the Custom Scenery folder, there you'll see the scenery packs file. Delete it.

Fire up XP11, once it is active, close it down again. This way a new scenery packs file has been built by XP11.

Fire up XP11 one more time and go flying.

Thanks Bernd!  I don't have any freeware or payware in XP at all.  Just ORbx's stiff.  All their TE stuff and several Orbx airports, otherwise it's the entire Earth Laminar stuff.  Not even that Ortho stuff which I still have to read up and learn.

If you are able can you send me a screenshot of the directory so I can see what it looks like?

Thanks Bernd!

Ok, I had a saved file where JJ @jjaycee1 modified my ini file for me.  So I copied it over (after reading it) and it works.  EGLL looks normal again.

So this begs the question.  How do I learn the correct sort order for scenery?  Seems Orbx has to be in a certain order.

I guess I can do what Bernd suggested in a PM, delete that file, start XP but don't make a flight, let XP rebuild the file then run it and fly?  

Sound right?

I love seeing the buildings of London in the distance when you reach a certain altitude.  This X-Plane and Orbx's scenery is really amazing to me.

VP8iKS5.jpg

kY5vLQU.jpg

T6GUf9S.jpg

pUtttDM.jpg

ecRDH09.jpg

ne5yZZP.png

Hard landing

EwBSNxK.jpg

The scenery.ini is attached for you although I see since you have reintroduced an earlier one.

The Scenery_packs.ini should always follow the ;layering sequence:

1.3rd party airports (ie not the default Global Airports0

2. Global Airports

3. Landmarks

4. Sceneries like Orbx TEGB

5. Libraries

6.Mesh 

The layering example I give above is based on your current sceneries because you have no 3rd party freeware airports from the XP.org forum/downloads. Theses airports will require the installation of a whole load of XP Libraries, but we can address that at a later date.

scenery_packs.ini

2 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

The scenery.ini is attached for you although I see since you have reintroduced an earlier one.

2. Global Airports

3. Landmarks

5. Libraries

6.Mesh 

The layering example I give above is based on your current sceneries because you have no 3rd party freeware airports from the XP.org forum/downloads. Theses airports will require the installation of a whole load of XP Libraries, but we can address that at a later date.

scenery_packs.iniUnavailable

Thanks JJ, Orbx tells me I don't have permission to look at or download this file.  Such is life on an iMac with Safari.

3 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

2. Global Airports

3. Landmarks

5. Libraries

6.Mesh 

scenery_packs.iniUnavailable

Also, how do I even know which is which?  How do I know what a Landmark scenery is compared to a Library or a Mesh?

I like Bernd's advice, after installing scenery, delete the ini file and run XP and let it rebuild.  Sound logical?

Landmarks are labelled as X-Plane Landmarks in your Custom scenery folder. You can't go wrong with that. Take a look in your Custom Scenery folder and also look for the entries in your scenery.ini

Libraries are not a concern at the moment as you only have one and that is Orbx library.

Mesh is again no concern at present because you only have Orbx TEGBs installed and they include mesh (except TEGB North) 

Deleting the scenery.ini after installing a new scenery is not necessarily Ok nor logical. XP will form the scenery.ini alphabetically and all new installs of anything go to the top of the .ini. If you install a new Airport then OK because airports are supposed to be at the top. If you instal a mesh for example it will also go to the top of the new .ini but should actually be right at the bottom. 

XP follows a logic like P3D does inasmuch as you need to layer things like it does in P3D. At the bottom of a scenery (underground) is mesh. On top of that is scenery and on top of that are default airports and  to override a basic default airport with a more detailed 3rd party airport, you put that airport highest. Simple.

Same as P3D in it's logic.

3 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Landmarks are labelled as X-Plane Landmarks in your Custom scenery folder. You can't go wrong with that. Take a look in your Custom Scenery folder and also look for the entries in your scenery.ini

Libraries are not a concern at the moment as you only have one and that is Orbx library.

Mesh is again no concern at present because you only have Orbx TEGBs installed and they include mesh (except TEGB North) 

Deleting the scenery.ini after installing a new scenery is not necessarily Ok nor logical. XP will form the scenery.ini alphabetically and all new installs of anything go to the top of the .ini. If you install a new Airport then OK because airports are supposed to be at the top. If you instal a mesh for example it will also go to the top of the new .ini but should actually be right at the bottom. 

XP follows a logic like P3D does inasmuch as you need to layer things like it does in P3D. At the bottom of a scenery (underground) is mesh. On top of that is scenery and on top of that are default airports and  to override a basic default airport with a more detailed 3rd party airport, you put that airport highest. Simple.

Same as P3D in it's logic.

Well, I'm glad it's simple to you JJ, it's not simple at all to me as I never studied all this.  I just let FTX do its thing and never paid much mind to all this stuff, but now I'm going to have to try to learn more if it, time permitting.  I'd rather just make flights in this hobby instead of all this other stuff.  But I appreciate the post, I'm going to print it out for future reference.

As for more scenery, I don't think I'll add any non-Orbx stuff for a while.

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I'm glad it's simple to you JJ, it's not simple at all to me as I never studied all this.  I just let FTX do its thing and never paid much mind to all this stuff, but now I'm going to have to try to learn more if it, time permitting.  I'd rather just make flights in this hobby instead of all this other stuff.  But I appreciate the post, I'm going to print it out for future reference.

As for more scenery, I don't think I'll add any non-Orbx stuff for a while.

Hi Jack,

Here's my default Heathrow with TrueEarth GB South.

Below is my scenery_packs.ini file contents which only contains the X-Plane default scenery and all my Orbx GB scenery along with my Orbx  US scenery of Monument Valley & Meigs Field.

I haven't corrected it other than to remove anything which isn't default or an Orbx product. Therefore, the order is how FTX Central installed them. I would have thought the Orbx airports/airfields should be listed above TrueEarth but it seems to work okay.

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_Airport_UT25/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_Monument_Valley/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_MV_36-110/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_MV_37-110/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_A_Barton_Manchester_City/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_B_Barton_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGFF_A_Cardiff/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHP_A_Popham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHR_A_Goodwood/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_A_Shoreham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_B_Shoreham_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKG Goodwood Heliport/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGML_A_DamynsHall/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGPB_A_Sumburgh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGPB_B_Sumburgh_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGSG_A_Stapleford/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGTF_A_Fairoaks/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGTH_A_OldWarden/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGTR_A_Elstree/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KCGX_A_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KCGX_C_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_Monument_Valley_lib/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_MV_Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ZZZ_Orbx_KCGX_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field/

Bell 407_1.jpg

Bell 407_2.jpg

Bell 407_3.jpg

1 hour ago, Badl4ndz said:

Hi Jack,

Here's my default Heathrow with TrueEarth GB South.

Below is my scenery_packs.ini file contents

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_Airport_UT25/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_Monument_Valley/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_MV_36-110/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_3D_MV_37-110/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_A_Barton_Manchester_City/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_B_Barton_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGFF_A_Cardiff/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHP_A_Popham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHR_A_Goodwood/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_A_Shoreham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_B_Shoreham_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKG Goodwood Heliport/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGML_A_DamynsHall/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGPB_A_Sumburgh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGPB_B_Sumburgh_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGSG_A_Stapleford/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGTF_A_Fairoaks/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGTH_A_OldWarden/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGTR_A_Elstree/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KCGX_A_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KCGX_C_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_Monument_Valley_lib/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_MV_Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ZZZ_Orbx_KCGX_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field/

For the record, this is not to be recommended.

At the very least, none of the X Plane 11 landmarks will appear in TEGB.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

For the record, this is not to be recommended.

At the very least, none of the X Plane 11 landmarks will appear in TEGB.

Well as you can see Nick, I have being investing in lots of Orbx products that have been installed by the Orbx download and installation manager , please be my guest and rearrange the ini file because it only contains the default and orbx products. Any support would be greatly apprieciated.

Jack, have you seen the Landing Speed plugin...... its always nice to see how good your landing is, and this plugin rates it based on descent rate, speed etc..... I'm pretty sure it would have said RIP for that last image though......its worth a look though :)

2 minutes ago, TerryM said:

Jack, have you seen the Landing Speed plugin...... its always nice to see how good your landing is, and this plugin rates it based on descent rate, speed etc..... I'm pretty sure it would have said RIP for that last image though......its worth a look though :)

:lol: No, I didn't know something like that even existed.  I watched a YT last night by a guy named Q8Pilot, this guy is good.  In it I paused the video because he had so many "plug-ins" (which I'm not yet sure what they are) and his list was very long.  I couldn't make out what he had but there were things for ground equipment, and all kinds of other cool stuff.  I have no idea where to find these things, how they get updated, or anything at all like this yet.  

Ground Equipment is Better Pushback.... it works great with the Zibo you're using and you can call it from the AviTab inside the plane, but that Zibo is just an awesome plane for the freeware, it blows me away how good it is for free. 

Landing Speed is a great way to rate your landing performance...You already have the other key ones..... VR Tweak, ASXP, UltraWeatherXP

Q8Pilot is a great guy, very informative, and for the Zibo, try FlightSimDeck... he's a 737 pilot testing and working with Zibo. 

By the way Jack, that Toliss A319 is very very good..... even better than I thought :)

Archived