Airbus near me in Douglasville

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Two excellent images Jack.

The Airbus looks very smart in those colours, a change from their 737s.

Thanks Martyn!  I love the Boeings but this is a challenge, the avionics are totally different but it's REAL fun learning! Airbus engineers are some seriously bright fellows!

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I love the Boeings but this is a challenge, the avionics are totally different but it's REAL fun learning! Airbus engineers are some seriously bright fellows!

Have to agree with that Jack, I'm still trying to sort all that  out - time is the problem

2 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Two good pictures, Jack. Is this a fictional livery or are they really getting Airbuses now?

Thanks Lars, to be honest I really don't know.  I thought Southwest only flew 737's.  I see dozens a day above my house and where I hike but don't recall seeing a SW Bus.

4 minutes ago, BradB said:

It must be a bit noisy at your place Jack when they are landing on 9L and 9R at ATL , anyway I enjoyed the shotz . :rolleyes::o:D

Cheers

John

You should see it.  EVERY 20-30 seconds there’s a plane at maybe 2000 feet over my house or two, one on the left and one on the right landing.  And when those 88’s take off you can hear them all the way into Tennessee or northwest Carolina.  It’s terrible in the park.  

I have to say I'm kind of envious , being the plane spotter that I am . At our place we are under a High Level crossroads in the sky , so I can hear them but they are all at FL350 . In the early mornings we get the China , Japan , Korea traffic going Eastbound to Ohare and Boston and the NY city airports . All times of the day we get the Europe and Asia traffic coming and going in and out of SFO , OAK , SJC and of course LAX .

John

Siri, find Airbus near me! :D  Great shots Jack!

I'm with John, must be a bit noisy in your airspace!  Like John also, most of the ones going over me are headed to places unknown and FL350 or above like the 3 that I caught last week headed east about sundown over my house, the iPad did a decent job but the zoom sure messed up the focus.  I haven't seen any in that tight of a formation ever (although I know it was not that tight)!  I just thought it looked cool. B)

P.S. Photo enhanced for color only!

LggmB3f.jpg

3 hours ago, Wakashi said:

I'm with John, must be a bit noisy in your airspace!  Like John also, most of the ones going over me are headed to places unknown and FL350 or above like the 3 that I caught last week headed east about sundown over my house, the iPad did a decent job but the zoom sure messed up the focus.  I haven't seen any in that tight of a formation ever (although I know it was not that tight)!  I just thought it looked cool. B)

LggmB3f.jpg

I use the Flightradar24 app on my IPad , works great on who’s flying over you . 

John

10 hours ago, BradB said:

I have to say I'm kind of envious , being the plane spotter that I am . At our place we are under a High Level crossroads in the sky , so I can hear them but they are all at FL350 . In the early mornings we get the China , Japan , Korea traffic going Eastbound to Ohare and Boston and the NY city airports . All times of the day we get the Europe and Asia traffic coming and going in and out of SFO , OAK , SJC and of course LAX .

John

I don't think you'd like all the racket almost 24 hours a day John, it gets real old real fast.  Those MD-88's with their JTD-8 engines make a heck of a lot of noice.

9 hours ago, Wakashi said:

That's a cool photo Roger!  I see contrails like that occasionally here but mostly they're taking off or landing.  One time at my last house which is 30 miles south I saw an aerial refuel, my jaw hit the ground.

Archived