KLM Miami to Princess Julliana

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Stillwater said:

Jack, "your" Miami looks great! Unfortunately St. Maarten is a non-orbx area, that part of the market went to another magnificent designer team.

Thanks Gerold, that's why I didn't want to post any shots of it close up.  It's Orbx Global and Vector around it but I like to abide by the rules.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold, that's why I didn't want to post any shots of it close up.  It's Orbx Global and Vector around it but I like to abide by the rules.

Understood. I hope you and your passengers have some great days in the sun!

14 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It's Orbx Global and Vector around it but I like to abide by the rules.

For instance, like when you're flying under a bridge although you don't want to, but the approach plate absolutely positively requires you to fly that approach under that bridge? ;)

Thanks for sharing your pics, St. Maarten was one of my worst approaches. :unsure::(:D

Just now, Captain Lars said:

For instance, like when you're flying under a bridge although you don't want to, but the approach plate absolutely positively requires you to fly that approach under that bridge? ;)

Thanks for sharing your pics, St. Maarten was one of my worst approaches. :unsure::(:D

I thought all approaches were under bridges! :) 

Its an easy approach, A/P there and hand fly the landing 

4 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

+1 - Rules , we don't need no stinking rules ; especially you Jack . :angry::blink::rolleyes::lol:

John

I like the shots Jack, and the developer that did that airport, as well as the surrounding area, did one hell of a job. I’ve a friend that lives on the French side of St. Maarten. They’re still recovering from the hurricane. Your shots captured that flight well though, and I’ve flown that route in RL as well!

1 minute ago, Chunk said:

I like the shots Jack, and the developer that did that airport, as well as the surrounding area, did one hell of a job. I’ve a friend that lives on the French side of St. Maarten. They’re still recovering from the hurricane. Your shots captured that flight well though, and I’ve flown that route in RL as well!

Thanks Chunk.  I can imagine they got hit hard.  But I’d still love to visit there and watch the planes land over the fence at the beach.

Wasn't it Harpo Marx that said, "rules are like pie crusts, they are made to be eaten.":unsure:

A wonderful set Jack and I enjoyed your flight and a great choice of plane too.

I would like to go here and look at the planes too, one of the great locations for those who are interested.

Have they done the whole island or just the airport and it's immediate surrounds?

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Wasn't it Harpo Marx that said, "rules are like pie crusts, they are made to be eaten.":unsure:

I would like to go here and look at the planes too, one of the great locations for those who are interested.

Have they done the whole island or just the airport and it's immediate surrounds?

Thanks Martyn, funny!  They did they whole island.  I wish Orbx would do it, I think they’d do it better.  But it is what it is.

Yeah, imagine being on the beach when those planes take off and land?  I’d love it!

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

We were here in 2012 and saw the KLM Queen land along with other's . It was #1 on my bucket list , I would love to go back and spend a week at Maho Beach :

Cheers

John

Just now, BradB said:

We were here in 2012 and saw the KLM Queen land along with other's . It was #1 on my bucket list , I would love to go back and spend a week at Maho Beach :

Cheers

John

Well, I can dream can’t I?  Maybe someday but it’s doubtful.

3 minutes ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

AW shucks Jack.I was waiting to see all

the lovely ladies on the beach.:wub:

Lovely shots.

You could put a tail hook on your plane

and catch the border fence.:huh:

Anthin.

:lol:  Tail hook!  :lol:

I would love to show the rest but I can't so oh well. ^_^

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding shots Jack! :)  I miss posting St Maarten shots from Tampa, but maybe someday Orbx will do the Caribbean Islands.

Thanks Adam!  It's done nicely, but since I discovered Orbx I only have a few non-Orbx places.  It would be cool if Orbx could to ALL of the planet and its airports! ^_^

Archived