Spare a thought for us poor folks down under.

VH-KDK

While you are enjoying your Turkey lunch and warm beer around the log fire we have had to change our Christmas day plans.:angry:

Our BBQ will now be an evening affair because it will be too damned hot to have at midday with a forecasted  top of 38°C.:(

It should be a lot cooler to have it by 6 pm and should have dropped to 37 or 36°C:o

Life is very tough down here.8)

K7pxINQ.jpg

Here is wishing you all a very safe and  Happy Christmas

jF3kmyt.png

I emailed Santa and told him to put coal in your stocking this year , it's post's like this that really p_ss me off Martyn ......:wacko::angry::o:angry:

No cheer from me ....

John

P.S. - Seriously , I know that's hard to believe coming from me , I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year's . :D:):)

Dang Martyn, that's not good at all, I feel for ya, and then you've got Thursday and Sunday to look forward to, OUCH!!!.  Here in Oklahoma we are expecting a low of 23F and that's not good either.  Here's hoping you all have a good Christmas even with the heat Buddy! :DB):)

27 minutes ago, BradB said:

I emailed Santa and told him to put coal in your stocking this year , it's post's like this that really p_ss me off Martyn ......:wacko::angry::o:angry:

No cheer from me ....

John

P.S. - Seriously , I know that's hard to believe coming from me , I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year's . :D:):)

Right on John. And Santa please make it a real "HOT" coal:angry::lol::D. Merry Christmas Martyn. Make sure you stay well "hydrated". I assure you I will no matter the temperature.:P:D

5 hours ago, JMBIII said:

I hope your Christmas is merry, also !

I would certainly like to give it a go one Christmas down under.

Many thanks JMBIII.:)

You are perfectly welcome to give it a try and I suppose that anything above 20°C would be hot for those in the icy north!:o

4 hours ago, BradB said:

No cheer from me ....

John

Cheers John, the air con will be on 24/7 with heat like this as the wig wam never cools down during hot spells.:P

We have already entered the festive spirit here and a sock with a lump of coal in it is the norm in late December.:D

We walk around town with this for protection from the local ferals and bogans.:huh:

During the rest of the year the sock has half a house brick or a snooker ball in it and is quite a formidable weapon when some thug is trying to extract your hard earned and mobile  from you.:o

4 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Dang Martyn, that's not good at all, I feel for ya, and then you've got Thursday and Sunday to look forward to, OUCH!!!.  Here in Oklahoma we are expecting a low of 23F and that's not good either.  Here's hoping you all have a good Christmas even with the heat Buddy! :DB):)

Many thanks Roger, the old year is going out with a final roasting for us. I would much prefer 23°f.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Not a shabby way to spend Christmas Martyn!  I've always wanted to do this and see what it's like.  Merry Christmas my friend an I hope you have a nice time.

Thank you Jack, it is very different down here and you can have the turkey cooked by the time you get home from the butcher!:lol:

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Right on John. And Santa please make it a real "HOT" coal:angry::lol::D. Merry Christmas Martyn. Make sure you stay well "hydrated". I assure you I will no matter the temperature.:P:D

Thanks Karl, I will keep an eye skywards in case your lot decide to mix some coal in with the snow you were planning to deliver to us.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Didn't know you had camels down under Martyn. :D  Anyway, I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and a safe New Year my friend. :)

Thanks Adam.

Camels were introduced in the mid 1800s for transport, being used to the hot dry conditions.

When motor vehicles arrived the camels were set free and have since become a nuisance doing a lot of damage to infrastructure in the outback.

Several culls have reduced the population down to about 300,000.

Yet another Australian creature that can be very dangerous when annoyed.

40 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Martyn. May the camels defecate on your beach blanket. :angry::D

No problems Rodger.;)

We had elephant rides on the beach last Christmas and it took us all of Boxing Day to dig young Errol out.:-

We never did find his deck chair though.:o

Archived